Give up dairy

On 7/18/2021 at 9:10 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well then the almond tree wouldn't grow . 

My point being that all the water used to grow plants comes from the sky and so its not like they are talking a rare resource to grow plants 

As a result, some 1.1 billion people worldwide lack access to water, and a total of 2.7 billion find water scarce for at least one month of the year. ... By 2025, two-thirds of the world's population may face water shortages. And ecosystems around the world will suffer even more.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/threats/water-scarcity

Not Rare ? - better educate yourself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

As a result, some 1.1 billion people worldwide lack access to water, and a total of 2.7 billion find water scarce for at least one month of the year. ... By 2025, two-thirds of the world's population may face water shortages. And ecosystems around the world will suffer even more.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/threats/water-scarcity

Not Rare ? - better educate yourself

Sooooo, millions of people that have known for years and years and years that they don't have enough water, continue to overpopulate their areas to the point that they might die because of drought.

The human race is a strange beast, IMO.

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Yeah, and on top you get all the antibiotics the cow enjoyed to have her lifetime. 

It will save to see a doctor ????

What country? In NZ the only time a cow gets antibiotics is if they are sick or have mastitis. If it's for mastitis the milk is not allowed for human consumption.

• Like 1

(Meaty Pie47)

'Dairy products are rich in nutrients that are essential for good bone health, including calcium, protein, vitamin D, potassium, and phosphorus' 

I have always believed this and never had any problem with bones. My bones are still strong at age 75. My teeth are also OK. All my life I have drunk cows' milk and eaten yogurt and cheese (although I went without my beloved cheese for years because of a long lasting weight problem)

Fredwiggy refers us to https://www.peta.org/living/food/reasons-stop-drinking-milk/.     This is truly shocking. Thanks Fred.

I go for an operation in September to remove gallbladder because of calcification build up. Is this because of all my dairy? It can't have helped.

As from today I am giving up cows' milk and yogurt almost entirely. No choice I think.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, millions of people that have known for years and years and years that they don't have enough water, continue to overpopulate their areas to the point that they might die because of drought.

The human race is a strange beast, IMO.

And what - pray tell - do the poor, uneducated huddled masses have besides sex ?

You have said before that you were taken by an X - did you not know that this has been going on for years and years ?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What country? In NZ the only time a cow gets antibiotics is if they are sick or have mastitis. If it's for mastitis the milk is not allowed for human consumption.

Antibiotics are likely mixed into food as a booster to give more milk and protect against urinary tract infection. 

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Antibiotics are likely mixed into food as a booster to give more milk and protect against urinary tract infection. 

In NZ cows eat grass, and in winter hay or silage as well. None have added "boosters".

Not every country has abominable farming practices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

And what - pray tell - do the poor, uneducated huddled masses have besides sex ?

You have said before that you were taken by an X - did you not know that this has been going on for years and years ?

We can have sex without adding to the population now.

Sigh.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We can have sex without adding to the population now.

Sigh.

Ah - I see ...

People who live in a cardboard house and have a very hard time finding enuf to eat should buy contraceptives instead ?

I take it that sigh was for your own benefit as a remedy to not understanding this ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The alternatives to milk are horrible, in tea, coffee or neat.

There is no alternative.  And that's OK.

Unless you want to try Dulux Emulsion, porridge oats or chalk dust. 

How far do you want to go looking for alternatives?

SC

On 7/19/2021 at 4:32 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

maybe you should think abut this first

Dairy products are rich in nutrients that are essential for good bone health, including calcium, protein, vitamin D, potassium, and phosphorus [8].

MILK is low in protein and those other things. Google top 5 sources for each nutrient. I bet milk isnt top 5.

Dairy industry marketing promotes this but try reading up on it.

Edited by Sparktrader
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:01 AM, Card said:

As usual, a mixed balanced diet is the best. Milk is natural and nutritious in moderation. I eat the Makro no added sugar, low fat Yolida yogurt twice a day on fruit. Also almond, soya, walnut milk, which is good but pro arecessed. You should also think of reducing processed foods, which might be the basis of sounder judgement that one based on individual foods.

Most milks are full of additives and not natural. Also heat treated which kills most nutrients.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 12:07 PM, ChrisKC said:

You don't need to give up, just reduce. These things needn't be either all or nothing. In any event, dairy is not the only thing to be concerned with. Processed meat, too much alcohol, red meat and the dreaded word, 'exercise'.

Red meat way more nutrients than milk. Google it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

There is no alternative.  And that's OK.

Unless you want to try Dulux Emulsion, porridge oats or chalk dust. 

How far do you want to go looking for alternatives?

SC

Black coffee is good if good coffee. Oats with water not much different to milk.

I bought a mineral supplement powder, sodium, potassium, magenesium etc drink it with water. Great energy source.

17 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Ah - I see ...

People who live in a cardboard house and have a very hard time finding enuf to eat should buy contraceptives instead ?

I take it that sigh was for your own benefit as a remedy to not understanding this ?

People have understood for many generations before condoms were available how to avoid pregnancy. IMO there is never an excuse for an unwanted pregnancy.

Given that this is waaay off topic that's my last on that subject on this thread.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2021 at 8:07 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I hate the taste of soy milk. Is that a good enough reason?

Wishing for the extinction of milking cows is hardly "respecting animals", IMO. There is no other reason that I know of for farmers to keep them.

I have also been an idiot for a long time ! But after trying and trying again I now like soy milk and do not need anymore cow milk, that actually nobody needs.

Taste is like allergy, it can change overnight, so you can try to learn and like new things just as other smart people ❤️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

yogurt and cheese are just fine... part of a good diet but like anything else moderate but balance with fresh fruits vegetables, meat and poultry.  avoid processed foods and particularly corn syrup which I am happy to say thailand has a lot of cane sugar not corn sugar.

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In NZ cows eat grass, and in winter hay or silage as well. None have added "boosters".

Not every country has abominable farming practices.

I suppose it was ironic what you posted ????

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, scoupeo said:

I have also been an idiot for a long time ! But after trying and trying again I now like soy milk and do not need anymore cow milk, that actually nobody needs.

Taste is like allergy, it can change overnight, so you can try to learn and like new things just as other smart people ❤️

Like most, I'll only try the "new" if I'm forced to or I think the "new" is better. Neither scenario is in effect so I'll keep using cow's milk, and it's cheaper than soy.

• Haha 2

On 7/21/2021 at 4:26 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Like most, I'll only try the "new" if I'm forced to or I think the "new" is better. Neither scenario is in effect so I'll keep using cow's milk, and it's cheaper than soy.

Cow cheaper than soy ? how can people post something so stupid !?

NEVER I have found a useful information on this forum but what I get everyday is stupid replies from people who never fear to be ridiculous, it's so crazy, who are the members of this forum ?!

1 litre lactasoy costs 30 thb

https://www.bigc.co.th/lactasoy-uht-soymilk-hi-calcium-1000-ml.html

1 litre cow milk costs 45 thb

https://www.bigc.co.th/foremost-milk-946-cc.html

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, scoupeo said:

NEVER I have found a useful information on this forum but what I get everyday is stupid replies from people who never fear to be ridiculous, it's so crazy, who are the members of this forum ?!

Depends where u live

• Like 1

Almond milk is often 2 per cent almonds. Just eat a few almonds. So much water used in California for them - stop them and people probably don't need restrictions in Summer

Milk was a lot cheaper than Soy Milk in Australia. Lately though Coles has a cheap one that is pretty good so it's about the same price. Have a bit of both. Cows in Australia and New Zealand have better food and better treatment than elsewhere but still not fun to be a cow

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 4:30 AM, scoupeo said:

:cheesy:

Like many posters, I don't live in Thailand and you shouldn't assume I do.

On 7/23/2021 at 12:08 PM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Almond milk is often 2 per cent almonds. Just eat a few almonds. So much water used in California for them - stop them and people probably don't need restrictions in Summer

Milk was a lot cheaper than Soy Milk in Australia. Lately though Coles has a cheap one that is pretty good so it's about the same price. Have a bit of both. Cows in Australia and New Zealand have better food and better treatment than elsewhere but still not fun to be a cow

If cows didn't produce milk, IMO there would only be beef cows in Australia and NZ.

On 7/20/2021 at 1:34 PM, siftasam said:

(Meaty Pie47)

'Dairy products are rich in nutrients that are essential for good bone health, including calcium, protein, vitamin D, potassium, and phosphorus' 

I have always believed this and never had any problem with bones. My bones are still strong at age 75. My teeth are also OK. All my life I have drunk cows' milk and eaten yogurt and cheese (although I went without my beloved cheese for years because of a long lasting weight problem)

Fredwiggy refers us to https://www.peta.org/living/food/reasons-stop-drinking-milk/.     This is truly shocking. Thanks Fred.

I go for an operation in September to remove gallbladder because of calcification build up. Is this because of all my dairy? It can't have helped.

As from today I am giving up cows' milk and yogurt almost entirely. No choice I think.

Cheese doesnt make u fat