Give up dairy

I used to put cremora in my coffee... and i don't know what is in that stuff but I think I could never lose weight w/that - I lost weight w/keto which meant using heavy cream in my coffee.. and cheese...

it gets confusing... 

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I used to put cremora in my coffee... and i don't know what is in that stuff but I think I could never lose weight w/that - I lost weight w/keto which meant using heavy cream in my coffee.. and cheese...

it gets confusing... 

Milk isnt keto

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Neither soy nor almond give milk, milk comes from mammals.

Hard to "milk" either of those plant products.

(6,098 litres) to produce 1 litre of almond milk,” says the Sustainable Restaurant Association's Pete Hemingway.

628 liters of water are required to produce one liter of cow milk.3 Feb 2020, and you get to eat the cow as well or it is used for other products

Plenty of water falls out the sky regularly 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

Tell that people who are living drought areas.

Deluge or nothing often in many areas

Well then the almond tree wouldn't grow . 

My point being that all the water used to grow plants comes from the sky and so its not like they are talking a rare resource to grow plants 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Plenty of water falls out the sky regularly 

The almond milk industry had caused serious environmental damage by using up all the water in an area ..and then also draining the ground water levels so much local farmers have no water for their farms, people have ran out of drinking water from their wells, and lakes and ponds have dried up!. 

Its ironic that many people give up cow milk to try to help animals, yet end up causing more environmental destruction and inadvertently killing off many more wild animals through drinking these kind of 'milk' drinks.

I don't consume dairy or any kind of milk /.cheese substitute....not because of any moral decisions, but simply found myself naturally did hardly consumed any in my diet.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well then the almond tree wouldn't grow . 

My point being that all the water used to grow plants comes from the sky and so its not like they are talking a rare resource to grow plants 

Tou are rather ignorant about the almond milk industry I am afraid.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2015/oct/21/almond-milk-quite-good-for-you-very-bad-for-the-planet

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

The almond milk industry had caused serious environmental damage by using up all the water in an area ..and then also draining the ground water levels so much local farmers have no water for their farms, people have ran out of drinking water from their wells, and lakes and ponds have dried up!. 

Its ironic that many people give up cow milk to try to help animals, yet end up causing more environmental destruction and inadvertently killing off many more wild animals through drinking these kind of 'milk' drinks.

I don't consume dairy or any kind of milk /.cheese substitute....not because of any moral decisions, but simply found myself naturally did hardly consumed any in my diet.

Do almond plants drink more water than other plants ?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do almond plants drink more water than other plants ?

Yes....more than the native plants to the area and other farmed crops they do. They are a high demand water crop. 

Do some research if you are really interested. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

it gets confusing... 

Cheese flavored coffee, well that's a new one, did you use Bleu cheese crumbles or Gouda.....

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Cheese flavored coffee, well that's a new one, did you use Bleu cheese crumbles or Gouda.....

Gouda is good, but cheddar is better

ps - who would put bleu cheese in coffee?

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Gouda is good, but cheddar is better

ps - who would put bleu cheese in coffee?

Well if you never have tried it here you go.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.home-barista.com/knockbox/bleu-cheese-and-espresso-t36156.html&ved=2ahUKEwj4356n3evxAhW-zDgGHTW7AD8QFjAIegQIHxAC&usg=AOvVaw18cX9Sp7bnyj0vtM8brgN3

I consume about half a liter of milk (with protein powders) a day. I guess it depends a bit on lifestyle. It helps me recover faster from the workouts and even burn more fat because i can work out more intense. But in the end if you consume more then you burn you will get fat. Milk or not. I feel a protein shake with my small meal of lean licious (together around 500-600 calories) is not too bad. 

I have given up milk for a while and felt no change, i tolerate it well I was brought up on it as Dutch guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Sure, but everything changes after puberty... well, many things. 

Yes, but drinking milk never has caused problems for me. Grew up on a dairy ranch.  Stopped drinking milk for a month and had to take probiotics as my gut flora changed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, but drinking milk never has caused problems for me. Grew up on a dairy ranch.  Stopped drinking milk for a month and had to take probiotics as my gut flora changed.

There was a dairy farm next to my parent's summer home... the fresh milk was amazing... a whole other thing... wow. .. and after reading the thread you sent, I want to try the bleu cheese coffee.. 

• Thanks 1