On newbies in Thailand and getting your Siamese wings!

rooster59

2 hours ago, Kanada said:

Sorry but I enjoy research and  I’ve been a big reader since I was a kid…

Im a pretty straight forward guy who’s travelled and lived a full life and over those years I’ve learned to pick out the BS artist in the room!

Cheers now….ok??

"big reader"???? - 

Sadly you give me the strong impression that you have no idea what critical thinking is or even understand the difference between search and research.

8 hours ago, Thunglom said:

"big reader"???? - 

Sadly you give me the strong impression that you have no idea what critical thinking is or even understand the difference between search and research.

????

8 hours ago, Thunglom said:

"big reader"???? - 

????

if you rose to the bait any faster we’d need a decompression chamber for you but as I said before…I’m out

just adding you to my Ignored User list now Professor

20 hours ago, Thunglom said:

"big reader"???? - 

Such bickering. If I may be of assistance, search is to look for and research is to do it again 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

Such bickering. If I may be of assistance, search is to look for and research is to do it again 

Researching a topic requires several sources of reference and this leads to an analysed conclusion.

A search is its antithesis ; one click - usually on a search engine (note the description) which usually leads to a quote or "one stat wonder". Not even a considered opinion.

most of the opinions expressed on this thread don't really qualify as opinions at all, they are prejudices that are than "backed up" (not really) with either personal perspective (the worst kind of sample) or a quick "search" on Google which allows the to cherry-pick results that conform to their preconceived idea or prejudice.

When it comes to making comments about "large numbers" - e.g. expat population one finds time and again stereotyping and generalisations take the place of critical thinking and the result is basically nonsense. Unfortunately it looks like many posters don't even begin to understand this - including the OP.

Edited by Thunglom

1 hour ago, BostonRob2 said:

Mmmm….sorry ….

I got caught up arguing back and forth with a BS artist! Can’t stand those phonies but I’ve added him to my Ignored List so I can’t read his posts anymore!

That should be the end of him….well for me anyway ….again apologies????

Astra Zenica is Good, but I think that Moderna (A mRNA Vaccine) would be better ...Or Pfizer ... Like new technology.

- I wish that my family had had the opportunity to get an of them !!! ... as 5 out of 12 of them, who live in Ayutthaya Province, have got it now ... and one is VERY sick !!! (Can't breath properly) and has been waiting for a hospital bed for several days now .... and now is in the tent ? Outside the main Provincial Hospital ... (Less Distance to Move the Body ? Right ... Well let's Hope not. ... )

They were mostly Truck drivers or assistants and must have picked it up in the Warehouses down by the docks , ... Where they get their loads from. ... Though my Grand son got it from his very large, Excavator repair facility which is near by, like places to find work in for the Thais is NOT a problem where we live near the Asia Highway in Ayutthaya Province. ... Though staying alive to do it might now be becoming the problem. Like it IS very crowded there also.

The Ayutthaya Province is Dark red now and even our local village had a hundred Infections a day. ... and no hospital bets at all. ...

... But I am still stuck in Adelaide Australia where the Delta strain is just showing it's ugly Head. And we all are locked down again and being "Contact Traced" though the lines at the testing facilities are hours long !!! ... ... And well it is out of control in Sydney now ... and well ??? In Melbourni .... as they have had a LOT of experience with this Virus now.

... I hope to get back home to Thailand next month. What Ever !!! ... Like the much more infectious Delta strain is infecting the whole world now. .... So well just about any where would do now. ... Just back Home being more acceptable than any where now I think.