My French neighbour has had his free J&J shot at Bkk/Pattaya Hospital

giddyup

Isn’t that the one that has to be kept super cold? 

I would not be surprised if Thais put it in a normal refrigerator, assuming that that was ok lol

I seriously would not take the one that has those strict temp protocols here. Was it manufactured here?

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, utalkin2me said:

I would not be surprised if Thais put it in a normal refrigerator, assuming that that was ok lol

I seriously would not take the one that has those strict temp protocols here. Was it manufactured here?

So, you'd prefer Sinovac?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

No. One of the easiest to handle. You could store it in a household fridge (2 to 8C ) for 3 months or so.

And even BionTech/Pfizer conditions have been relaxed after the initial -80C (-112F). Don't know the details.

Hell, I am envy. Wish I could get this one shot and have my vaccine passport.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Didn't realise that J&J requires one shot only, no booster, and no side effects.

Was very well aware. The No 1 candidate for vaccine tourism.

What I am not aware: how did they get it to Thailand as it not officially available here (yet)?

Other embassies wine: we can not ship for legal/liability reasons bla bla).

Germany upfront.

• Like 2

French government far and away really look after their citizens, this is why the French still have so many paradises to live in, the savvy natives vote for them to STAY!

And here they got one of the best vaccines, for free.

The outgoing Aussie Ambassador, the next best effort so far bar the Chinese, is offering some free mystery vax the Thai government tossed their way, in one location, with no ability to transfer the registration if you luck out, and with no word on if anything more will be done.

They <deleted> on with slogans like: "we're not safe till we're all safe", then do jack about it but make lame excuses!

Typical.

• Like 2

J&J is still hard to come by as they had to destroy 80 million doses that were manufactured under unsafe conditions at a US plant contracted to produce it.  They were producing another vaccine at the same facility and ignored strict separation protocols, cross-contaminating an unknown number of doses...thus they were all tossed.

19 minutes ago, dddave said:

J&J is still hard to come by as they had to destroy 80 million doses that were manufactured under unsafe conditions at a US plant contracted to produce it.  

Wouldn't be surprised those are the ones embassies use, they don't like their non-tax paying expats in general LOL.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

When I got back to the States, my wife and I got the J&J. This not popular here due to bad press. About 1/10 of the use of the other vaccines. The latest bad news was the seven women that got blood clots.

We had no side effects at all.

Oz embassy did thai government. Hardly any notice, 1 location, 4-5 hour wait and hardly convinient location. Well done Oz embassy and government , once again shown how useless you are and what a waste of money that fortress you call an embassy is 

6 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

No.  The JJ vaccine does NOT need to be super cold.  That is the Pfizer vaccine which needs to be super cold.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

CDC recommends storing vaccine between 2°C and 8°C

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:26 PM, utalkin2me said:

I remember when i did Pharmacy stock audits in the UK. Many of the items had "store at a cool termperature" on them. The store room was next to the Boiler house and it was about 90F in there !!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Henryford said:

I remember when i did Pharmacy stock audits in the UK. Many of the items had "store at a cool termperature" on them. The store room was next to the Boiler house and it was about 90F in there !!

Of course.  It does not take much for things to get mis-handled, over looked, AC un maintained or shut off on weekends, or there are power failures, etc.  I work in aerospace and any critical items that need special handling or storage come with G meters installed, or temperature high low red indicators, Pressure limit indicators, etc..  We just had several Electronic Warfare Pods that are shipped in big wooden crates, showed all three axis g meter/shock indicators in the red!  Opening the crates the darn pods had actually moved around between being shackled down with metal ties, the wooden crate was mashed in places, and the aluminum cooling fins on the pod were dented.  A casual manual manipulation shows they must have dropped the things at least 5 or 6 feet.  Was any mention of that on the shipping invoice?  Of course not.  The entire unit had to be taken apart and each component recycled back through full accepting testing, which includes Temp and Vibe

• Sad 1

The Canadian Embassy sent out a notice for Canadians "in the Bangkok area" to register as the Thai gov't had "allocated" some doses to them.

Because they (the Canadians) are too cheap and incompetent to arrange for vaccines for their own citizens and rely instead on the host country to provide them.

(Though in Canada any and everyone can be vaccinated. No need, for example, for Thailand to send vaccines to Canada to vaccinate Thai citizens there.)

On 7/18/2021 at 8:19 PM, chalawaan said:

French government far and away really look after their citizens, this is why the French still have so many paradises to live in, the savvy natives vote for them to STAY!

Of course, they STAY, not stupid ; compared to neighbours, they have an easier life, same advantages than in metropolitan France 

On 7/18/2021 at 8:50 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Wouldn't be surprised those are the ones embassies use, they don't like their non-tax paying expats in general LOL.

Sorry, but it's ridicoulus to think like that : you think that the embassy vaccined people with a poisoned vaccine ? they didn't ask me it I pay tax or not 

I got myself Janssen vaccine, no effect at all for me ; I just wonder how effective it is against Delta variant ; I just know that it's effective against  grave  " normal " ( alpha , beta ) covid, normally no hospital or death 

but now we must consider the pandemic with Delta variant 

Everybody commenting on here do know that even J&J needs at least a second shot right . The one shot rule doesn't count anymore after the delta outbreak , so if you had your first J&J shot i would start to make arrangements to get a second one . This news doesn't come from me but it is a fact that you can check . J&J recomments a second shot . Same as all or most others recomment a third shot . 

On 7/18/2021 at 9:32 PM, MrNatural said:

Actually the j&j vaccine for french embassy were directly imported from france and perfectly safe. It wqs limited to people 55 years old minimum as it is the rule in france. They have some left so they started to vaccinate the rest of the french in thailand. Now they are planning to import pfizer vaacine for the rest of french community, again directly from france and again with the qgreement of the thailand health ministry.

Sorry guys but the truth is :: your embassies suck, 

Did you read that Herr Georg Schmidt?

..or you need a translation?

On 7/18/2021 at 7:47 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Was very well aware. The No 1 candidate for vaccine tourism.

What I am not aware: how did they get it to Thailand as it not officially available here (yet)?

Other embassies wine: we can not ship for legal/liability reasons bla bla).

Germany upfront.

Yes, we mean you Herr Georg Schmidt!

On 7/18/2021 at 1:26 PM, utalkin2me said:

It seems that you are not informed well. Stop spreading false info and making cheap jokes.

https://www-abc10-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.abc10.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/shelf-life-pfizer-moderna-johnson-johnson-vaccines/103-12970cee-e141-408e-bce5-1f115ddb984a?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16273706169800&amp_ct=1627370670978&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=Von %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc10.com%2Farticle%2Fnews%2Fhealth%2Fcoronavirus%2Fvaccine%2Fshelf-life-pfizer-moderna-johnson-johnson-vaccines%2F103-12970cee-e141-408e-bce5-1f115ddb984a

Educate yourself

5 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Everybody commenting on here do know that even J&J needs at least a second shot right . The one shot rule doesn't count anymore after the delta outbreak , so if you had your first J&J shot i would start to make arrangements to get a second one . This news doesn't come from me but it is a fact that you can check . J&J recomments a second shot . Same as all or most others recomment a third shot . 

Of course, vaccine manufacturers recommend a third dose. And then a fourth, and a fifth ... One every year, and better if there are two. ????

• Like 1