Thailand Covid-19 vaccination programme British Embassy update 14th July 2021

New information in red

We understand this information to be correct at the time of publication but it may change

Sign up to our Thailand Travel Advice and UK in Thailand Twitter and Facebook pages to keep up to date

The British Embassy continues to emphasise the importance of equal access to vaccines for all. These issues were raised most recently at a meeting with the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs on 9th July. We continue to receive assurances that vulnerable British Nationals will be vaccinated at the same rate as Thai nationals. You can find Thailand’s definition of vulnerable on the Intervac website.

·       In many areas of Thailand there are limited supplies of vaccines and registration and vaccination programmes have been temporarily suspended. In the areas most affected by COVID-19 there is increasing pressure on medical services. You may find it difficult to access COVID-19 testing and medical care.

·       The CCSA has confirmed that foreigners in Thailand should not contact their Embassy to register for a vaccine. If a hospital advises you to contact the Embassy to register you should explain this to them.

·       Some private hospitals are accepting registrations for the Moderna vaccine, which is expected to be available from October. You may need to pay in advance.

·       The only vaccines that have been approved and procured for use in Thailand are AstraZeneca, Sinovac and Sinopharm. You may not be able to choose which you receive. You should contact the hospital or vaccination centre for more information.

·       Foreigners in Bangkok can register for a COVID test at the Thai-Japanese Stadium, Bangkok via the Thai social security website. You will need to provide your passport details.

·       Pharmacists are now selling rapid antigen tests for COVID-19.

Registration For Vaccines

·       Vaccine registration may differ in each province so you should check details with your provincial authority.

·       Registration via the Principle Healthcare Group has now closed. Those who have registered should make a payment via their website

·       Bangkok

Foreigners over the age of 60 or with certain health conditions are eligible to pre-register for a vaccine with the following hospitals:

Phayathai 2 Hospital: http://phyathai2international.com/; pre-registration: 12-16 July, 09.00-12.00 hours; Vaccination: 19-30 July 2021 (except weekends)

Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital: you should contact the hospital directly.

Siriraj Hospital: foreigners with medical records can register via the Siriraj Connect app (available via Google Play and Apple stores). Registration is limited to 100 per day and is only available to those aged over 59 years 10 months and with certain health conditions. More info at 024197000. Vaccination is anticipated to take place 12-31 July.

·       Phuket

Registration for all foreigners in Phuket opened on Wednesday 16th June. You can register via the Phuket Win website. You will need to provide evidence that you live in Phuket.  For more information about vaccinations in Phuket, you can telephone the Phuket Provincial Health Office hotline on 0945938876 and 0622435116 or via Line @phuketwin.

Registration to receive the Moderna vaccine at Bangkok Hospital Phuket or Bangkok Hospital Siriroj has now closed. A new reservation schedule will be announced on their website once more vaccines are available.

·      Chiang Mai

Registration for vaccinations for foreign nationals residing in Chiang Mai opened on 28th

May. You can register for a vaccine by downloading an application form from the Chiang Mai Provincial Office website or directly here. For more information about vaccinations in Chiang Mai, you can contact the Chiang Mai Provincial Health Office www.chiangmaihealth.go.th or the Consular Co-ordinator Ben Svasti Thomson via email [email protected].

·       Hua Hin

Registration for vaccines has been temporarily suspended. Hua Hin Hospital have advised foreigners to keep checking their Facebook page for further announcements.

For those who have already registered via the MorProm app or whose appointments have been postponed, Hua Hin Hospital have advised you should monitor their Facebook page for updates.

·       Koh Samui / Koh Phangnan / Koh Tao

Foreigners can register for a vaccine at Koh Samui hospital until 6th August for vaccination on 8th August. To register, you will need to provide the following documents:

1.     A copy of your passport

2.     House rental agreement with house owners ID, signed by the owner

3.     Non-Thai ID card (Koh Samui only)

4.     Work permit

5.     Bank book

6.     A certificate from your employer or local hospital

·       Pattaya

Foreigners with a Pink ID card and Yellow house book can register for the Sinopharm vaccine via the Pattaya Ready registration site from 09:00 – 15:00 daily. You must have been resident in Pattaya for at least one year.

Updates on registering for the Moderna vaccine will be announced via Bangkok Pattaya Hospital websiteFacebook page or LINE @bphhospital

·       Khon Kaen

Foreigners can register for a vaccine via their main district public hospital or at Srinagarind Khon Kaen hospital, Regional health Promotion Centre 7 and Khon Kaen hospital.

·       Buriram

Foreigners with a pink ID card can register via the MorProm app or your local hospital. If you do not have a pink ID card, you can register with your local hospital. You will need to take a copy of your passport, address in Thailand and contact details. We have been assured that the vaccination schedule has been arranged on first-come first-served basis, regardless of nationality.

·       KamphaengPhet

We have been advised by the Provincial Public Health Office that foreigners are able to register for vaccine at any public hospital in Kamphaengphet Province.

If you are employed in Kamphaengphet Province your employer may be able to register on your behalf. You should therefore speak directly with your employer.

For more information, you can contact the Khampangphet provincial public health office vaccine hotline on 093 111 8593.

·       Sa Kaeo

You can register for a vaccine by contacting the eligibility verification unit at Sa Kaeo Crown Prince Hospital with the following documents:          

1.     Your passport       

2.     ID card of your spouse (if not married, the house owners ID can be used)       

3.     Marriage certificate          

4.     House registration book   

5.     Letter explaining that you are currently residing in Sa Kaeo      

6.     Social security card

·       Rayong

Foreigners living in Rayong can register for vaccine via https://ระยองสู้โควิด.com. You can receive the vaccine at one of these 6 hospitals:

1.     Rayong hospital

2.     Memorial Hospital Sirindhorn

3.     Banchang hospital

4.     Klaeng Hospital

5.     Wang Chan Hospital

6.     Ban Khai hospital

Useful Contacts

Department Of Disease Control

www.ddc.moph.go.th

Hotline: 1422 (for English, press 9)

Department Of Medical Services (DMS)

Hotline: 1668

National Health Security Office

Hotline: 1330

Ministry Of Labour

www.mol.go.th.en

Ministry Of Labour And Social Security

Hotline: 1506

Chiang Mai Provincial Office

www.chiangmai.go.th

Khon Kaen Provincial Health Office

Tel: 0979596765

Phuket Provincial Health Office

Hotline: 0945938876 and 0622435116

LINE: @phuketwin

Pattaya

Hotline: 1337

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Khon Kaen...nonsense. I'm a registered patient at Srinakarin Hospital Khon Kaen. After reading this here I checked this hospital's website. It says "The Covid-19 Vaccination Center of Srinagarind Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University at Khon Kaen Hall, 5th Floor, Central Plaza Shopping Center is open for the vaccination during June 7-24, 2021."  Yet I had an appointment at Srinakarin Hospital on June 15th and I asked about covid vaccination and was told there are no vaccines and no vaccination plans. So either somebody lied or they were not accepting foreigners.

• Like 1

This was posted on Thai Visa the other day and it says that there is no charge.

Same with the American embassy, however I do get more timely information from the British embassy. With much gratitude I give thanks to the British embassy email this morning alerting me to register at MedPark Hospital in Bangkok. About 15 minutes after I registered, I received a confirmation email with a time and date for my vaccination.

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats

I have checked the site the form is simple to fill in and another poster said they are using astra zenica.

1 hour ago, Raybangkok said:

This was posted on Thai Visa the other day and it says that there is no charge.

Same with the American embassy, however I do get more timely information from the British embassy. With much gratitude I give thanks to the British embassy email this morning alerting me to register at MedPark Hospital in Bangkok. About 15 minutes after I registered, I received a confirmation email with a time and date for my vaccination.

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats

I have checked the site the form is simple to fill in and another poster said they are using astra zenica.

The use of Astra Zenica is not confirmed. The hospital has declined to say what vaccine will be used.  Hospitals in other parts of the country are, apparently, giving Sinovac as the first dose and AZ as the second dose. I suspect that it will be the same at Medpark. 

I have asked the British Consulate to contact MedPark Hospital to try to find out what vaccine(s) we British citizens will be given, but I have heard nothing from the Consulate so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

British Nationals abandoned by their useless Govt and Foreign & Commonwealth office!

I can't find it now, but I read the reply on one of the threads with disgust -  it basically said  "not our problem - you chose to live in Thailand!"

Funny, the French, Chinese and other Governments don't forget about their citizens and provided them with vaccines.

Maybe the Ambassador is too busy giving another interview to Thai Hello Magazine with his husband? (Sep 2018 below)

HELLO1118_003.jpg.74e0b97b866420567cd31bcf1ddaaecd.jpg

well said. 

• Like 2

What happened after all the hype about the Thailandintervac.com registration, that was lauded by the British Embassy?  I registered and now a deafening science. The BE need to keep quiet, as everything they ever say is either wrong, misleading, out of date, over taken by events, or no use at all to British expats. The only reliable information, in Pattaya at least, seems to come from Tommy on Fab 103. who are doing a great job of keeping us informed. CBE for Tommy and his crew?? 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ronster said:

If so desperate to vaccinate people then why the demands for such paperwork !!

Surely if you are here you will most likely live here or have already had the vaccine in another country and not need it ,  so why copies of bank book, house book ,id card , passport etc ? A passport and a driving license should be enough , what difference does it make showing a bank book <deleted> !

Because, Thais love lots of paperwork, it keeps a bunch of them in lifetime full employment processing, sorting, stacking, transporting and storing paperwork in that black hole in Thailand where all paperwork goes to die. 

It's a life long tradition here both in private industry and especially in any government or quasi government organization. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, berrec said:

Because, Thais love lots of paperwork, it keeps a bunch of them in lifetime full employment processing, sorting, stacking, transporting and storing paperwork in that black hole in Thailand where all paperwork goes to die. 

It's a life long tradition here both in private industry and especially in any government or quasi government organization. 

True . I forgot their love of paperwork for the simplest thing .

I think their space program is actually a cover story and they are looking for somewhere to keep more paperwork ! ????

• Haha 1

I know there is a vaccine shortage, but the utter chaos in the appointments system in Thailand makes me happy i returned to the UK last week. All you need to book an appointment for vaccination is your NHS number. Log on to the government website, give your NHS number, a postcode and an email address. Then choose from a list of vaccination clinics, select an appointment time, and they email you your booking number. Finished.

10 hours ago, rickudon said:

I know there is a vaccine shortage, but the utter chaos in the appointments system in Thailand makes me happy i returned to the UK last week. All you need to book an appointment for vaccination is your NHS number. Log on to the government website, give your NHS number, a postcode and an email address. Then choose from a list of vaccination clinics, select an appointment time, and they email you your booking number. Finished.

It was even easier than that for me last week.  No pre-registration, no appointment, nothing supplied in advance, just walked into a drop in centre, gave my details and got jabbed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, treetops said:

It was even easier than that for me last week.  No pre-registration, no appointment, nothing supplied in advance, just walked into a drop in centre, gave my details and got jabbed.

I'm just about to get my yearly extension...when it is sorted I am seriously thinking about flying back to the UK to get a jab.

However, if Thailand goes into the Red Zone, it would mean quarantine both ways - something I'm not prepared to do or pay for!

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, peter48 said:

Why can not the UK embassy set an example to Thailand and vaccinate British citizens living there ? Britain has a plentiful supply of both Pfizer or AZ. Surely the embassy staff have been vaccinated and businesses with UK staff  have had these international staff vaccinated.  

Because they say its all too difficult ( it isn't, or at least it is, but just for them) , because they don't care and won't take any kind of responsibility, because  they are in thrall to a incompetent Thai government and like all diplomats 'abroad', they don't want to make waves, even if their citizens suffer.   

• Like 1