Food Panda scurry to repair damage after widespread social media boycott calls

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

They attempted to say they believed in free speech and were there for all their customers.

Yes, very true. Indirectly saying that no feelings is left for the employees. All is all, and there is nothing more.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes ......  employees should concentrate on their work and support the company that pays them,  not go around getting into politics.  

A Statement From The Office Of The Prime Minister:
"Employees should concentrate on their work and support the company that pays them,  not go around getting into politics."

Now get your butt's back to work!

#Satire_off

2 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I'm being terrorized by their YouTube ads. Every damn video. Dear God. I can't even order them out here if I wanted to.

If you are an AIS subscriber they have an offer for YT 

premium for 159b, less than 5 USD per month.  

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I see the Food Panda rider involved in this has been arrested for apparently burning a photo/ banner of the King.

Yes, it was caught on video , attempting to set fire to a banner/photo.

I think that's a minimum of three years jail time for him 

My beef with Food Panda is the quality of their delivery drivers. Worst drivers on the road, in my opinion. I had two near miss accident situations with two of their drivers this morning on a short journey. One drove through a red light and turned right, into my lane as I was turning on a green light. I was 5 seconds into my green light, and there is a 4 or 5 second delay between changing lights....so he was 9 or 10 seconds into a red light; he didn't even look or slow down. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

well they did publicly call their employee a terrorist and vowed to help the government track him down which of course means a long prison sentence. 

he was doing the really bad no no thing so they are sort of stuck.   

Whoops...if they did that then no mealy mouthed excuse is going to cut it. Another western firm bites the dust. That's what happens when you kiss the butts of dict....whoops....fingers got carried away.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

And are they really "employees"?

The ridiculous new "gig economy". They're only employees when it suits them. Like now, when they need to be punished. But when they need help? Oh no, they're "independent contractors", to whom they could give a flying F.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Hate to kill an endangered species but Food Panda is dead to me.

Management should focus on delivering food, and not sucking up to the regime.

If it's not about food delivery put a sock in it.

And I would like to do the same. However, l have reservations because of the likelihood that many other riders will lose their jobs as a result of the boycott action.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

one of their staff was sacked for attending anti-government protests. 

From The Nation's "breaking news" today (and for reference);-

"A foodpanda delivery staff, who allegedly took part in an anti-government protest on Sunday, was arrested in Pathum Thani province on Monday on several charges.

Police on Monday arrested ...................... following a Criminal Court warrant on charges that included defaming, insulting and threatening the King and Queen, arson, and violation of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations, which prohibit public gathering in maximum control areas during the pandemic."

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003478

IMO Very "convenient" for Food Panda to save face??????

But damage done!!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes ......  employees should concentrate on their work and support the company that pays them,  not go around getting into politics.  

What they do in their private life is private... nothing to do with the company.

They own you when you're clocked in... not off the clock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Foodpanda LOVES pandemic rules.

Check their profit growth last year and a half.

Going against gov pandemic laws is going against Foodpanda themselves

Panda not even sucking up to gov.  this is capitalism on their part.

Edited by Dart12
  • Thanks 1

Food Panda is not the problem.

They make a good safe scapegoat though.

Ordered from them today.

No I'm not buying that boycotting Food Panda is a real action of protest. It's fake. It's meaningless. It's hashtag activism.

Ordering from Food Panda is ordering from Food Panda because you want what they're selling. Nothing more.

To add. Thai politics for Thais. Expats shouldn't touch it with a 100 meter pole.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Im definitely using a different delivery service.

The driver has been arrested and faces some serious charges.  Im sure Panda offered all the information to have him arrested easier.

In other countries his actions would be considered a protest.  

Hopefully these protests gather more steam!

• Like 1