Jump to content

Building contractor found murdered encased in concrete tomb under the house he was working on


webfact

Recommended Posts

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

 

Bang Sao Police in western Bangkok have found the decaying remains of a building contractor under a house in Taling Chan that he was working on. 

 

Sittichoke or "Chang Son" (Son the repairman) aged 42 was found on Friday. 

 

He was encased in a concrete tomb, found face up in a single cloth wearing red underpants. He was wrapped in a cream colored curtain.

 

His face was smashed in, skull was open, there was evidence of other injuries and he was thought to have been killed at least nine days earler. 

 

His younger brother Suwit, 40, said he was a contractor who worked on house extensions and was originally from Krabi but had gone to live with his wife in Kanchanaburi. 

 

He phoned home to relatives in Krabi most everyday and they had not heard from him since July 8th and reported him missing on the 15th to the Bang Sao Thong police as he had said he was working on a house in that area.

 

The police noticed a bag smell that came and went but found nothing. 

 

They were encouraged to return to the house next day after the family said they had been contacted by a fortune teller (mor duu) who said the body was buried at the house. 

 

When they returned on the 16th the flies were buzzing and the smell was worse so they took a sledgehammer to the construction and made the grisly discovery.

 

Police said that there was CCTV evidence from one area of the house that showed two men called Rung and Pong, fellow workers, who invited the victim to drink with them at 10.16 pm on the 8th. The victim had gone to bed at 9 pm buit was roused.

 

Two others called Yo and Wat were also involved. 

 

There was no CCTV in the area where the drinking went on. 

 

On the ninth Rung and Pong left with 5,000 baht in wages and went to Chiang Rai. 

 

Three people are now in custody and deny charges, reported Sanook who went on to quote police as saying that the murder was done by a Thai Yai hilltribesman who remains on the run in the north.

 

The police claim that two Thais helped in the concealment of the body. 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-20

 

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a name like Pong together with a fortune teller is there any wonder his body was found. Mind you its a sad murder case I know but it makes you think the quality of RC work for a smell to have been detected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why didn't the killers, pour concrete in the "tomb" ?

Would not have found probably even with fortune teller prediction.

Dam inconvenient for the people he was building for, have to find another contractor. Delay the moving date.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the police are replying on evidence from fortune tellers and buzzing flies now! 🤐🤦🏻‍♂️

Someone knew more than they're letting on.

RIP Son.

Link to post
Share on other sites

<deleted> off with the boss because he shouted at them, so took him drinking and then introduced his face to some of the tools they had lying around?

 

I know murders happen everywhere, but they seem to be over such trivial things in Thailand and they cover them up in such stupid ways.

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Excel said:

With a name like Pong together with a fortune teller is there any wonder his body was found. Mind you its a sad murder case I know but it makes you think the quality of RC work for a smell to have been detected.

According to the article it was a "bag" smell.

 

"The police noticed a bag smell that came and went but found nothing".

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

He was encased in a concrete tomb, found face up in a single cloth wearing red underpants. He was wrapped in a cream colored curtain.

 

His face was smashed in, skull was open, there was evidence of other injuries and he was thought to have been killed at least nine days earler.

Just another bad night out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to say, but I wish I had done this to my contractor....what a useless toe-rag (and he was British).

 

RIP to this chap...no one deserves such treatment, even if we get angry.

 

I noticed today in a newspaper that a driver who, in a road rage argument, drove over the other driver....not once but twice. He was acquitted of murder. He pumped his fist in the air when the verdict was read, as though he were Denis Law scoring a goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, 2long said:

So the police are replying on evidence from fortune tellers and buzzing flies now! 🤐🤦🏻‍♂️

Someone knew more than they're letting on.

RIP Son.

There have been more than a few cases in the west, especially missing children cases where police have enlisted help from paranormal practitioners,  Granted; it's usually done to fend off public pressure when no other clues exist but there have been cases where the information received proved useful.   As for buzzing flies, their larvae is often a forensic examiners best indicator of time of death.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the murder was done by a Thai Yai hilltribesman who remains on the run

Haha. They've already got the killers. But no, they're just accomplices, and the killer got away. Just like "brake failure", "gun cleaning accident", and "some Chocolate Man". Typical.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, next time i have an issue needing the police help i'll go to see the a fortune teller (mor duu) first...

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

<deleted> off with the boss because he shouted at them, so took him drinking and then introduced his face to some of the tools they had lying around?

 

I know murders happen everywhere, but they seem to be over such trivial things in Thailand and they cover them up in such stupid ways.

big egos and little men

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He was encased in a concrete tomb,

Reminded me of my days as a forensic scientist with the Metropolitan Police in London:-

(from Wikipedia)

 

"Rumours arose that the bodies of the victims of the Kray twins, notorious London gangsters, were entombed in the concrete pillars of the (Chiswick) flyover"

 

 

Mar. 04, 1959 - New Chiswick flyover bridge takes shape. Keystone Photo  Shows: Looking down on the new Chiswick flyover bridge which now nears  completion showing the one span which remains to

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 2long said:

So the police are replying on evidence from fortune tellers and buzzing flies now! 🤐🤦🏻‍♂️

Someone knew more than they're letting on.

RIP Son.

A fortune teller and the flies knew more than the police.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A fortune teller and the flies knew more than the police.

The police had to rely on a fortune teller to give them concrete evidence. The fortune teller's business is going to prosper now. People are queuing up for winning lottery numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Building contractor found murdered encased in concrete tomb under the house he was working on. 

 

RIP Sad, but IF he was encased in concrete there wouldn't be a smell.

 But then concrete made in Los may not be as good. 

Like they say there's two ways of doing things ,,The Thai way ,, and the right way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Building contractor found murdered encased in concrete tomb under the house he was working on. 

 

RIP Sad, but IF he was encased in concrete there wouldn't be a smell.

 But then concrete made in Los may not be as good. 

Like they say there's two ways of doing things ,,The Thai way ,, and the right way.

 'boxed' in might have been more accurate? - like the smell of shoes in a cardboard box

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

According to the article it was a "bag" smell.

 

"The police noticed a bag smell that came and went but found nothing".

They can, however, locate an "envelope" smell with precison.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Why didn't the killers, pour concrete in the "tomb" ?

Would not have found probably even with fortune teller prediction.

Dam inconvenient for the people he was building for, have to find another contractor. Delay the moving date.

 

 

and who the heck is going to pay for the hole in the wall  

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

May he rest in peace.  Sad if he was killed for just 5000 THB.

in a country where you can be shot by a drunken policeman for looking at him the wrong way???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...