Am I a homophobe?

59 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I have to say I used to enjoy "It ain't half hot mum" as well and probably still would. It relied heavily on stereotypes as did "Allo Allo" but it applied as much to the English or British as anyone else and probably more in many cases.

I'm all for tolerance and against racism homophobia and other prejudices but I do worry that sometimes people are their own worst enemy when they try to find the smallest thing to complain about.

There are always smaller things to complain about, unfortunately.
We should turn the question round the other way - what do you have to offer to entertain the dinosaurs?
Why are they persecuting the simpletons, the narrow-minded and ignorant, who for sure make up the majority amongst us.

3 minutes ago, orchis said:

He put it on himself.

Asking a question is not labelling.  I was really looking for consensus, for a sharing of viewpoints, for an expression of opinions on the topic.

I know that sometimes it is hard to express an opinion without condemning someone, without leaping on a bandwagon, without working yourself into a lather of self righteousness.  I was also interested to see whether TV members could avoid that.  It might be hard, after the change of name.

1 hour ago, kimamey said:

The foreign aid budget is percentage based so it had already reduced in line with the fall in GDP. And don't forget that Boris was elected on a manifesto that pledged to keep it at 0.7% so your family voted for that level of aid.

Wars and Pandemics and StreetCowboy leading the revolution will change minds.

My view - do what you want without hurting others.

If you want to dress in a chicken suit and swing off the chandelier - go for it.

Just don't use the one in my house. (suit or chandelier !!! 555)

It is skin in a tube, or skin folded, or skin in a circle.

Big Deal

Edited by canthai55
  • Haha 2

I think ASEAN NOw needs to bring back that blue bar atop the old Thaivisa that let you "click here if you have mental problems" - this is the second thread of the day that suggests that would be a great idea...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, watthong said:

I think ASEAN NOw needs to bring back that blue bar atop the old Thaivisa that let you "click here if you have mental problems" - this is the second thread of the day that suggests that would be a great idea...

Don't worry, it will be fine.  We are here for you.

If it helps, imagine there is a Muttley smiley,