Government plans to inoculate 10 million per month despite AstraZeneca shortfall

webfact

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

It is a bit rich for your wife to complain about the lack of vaccines in Samui. Samui is probably around 50% or more fully vaccinated, there are no cases, flights from Bangkok are cancelled, and now they only allow people from the red zones via the ferries vaccinated + negative test. The hospitals are working normally and there are no queues in front of them whatsoever.

Probably they diverted the vaccines to where they are most needed now, like the deep red zones.

So you think the other 50% just don’t need a vaccine then ? 
That kind of thinking sounds like something the government would utter ! I’m alright I got a vaccine so everyone near me will be safe also . You do realise you can still transmit it even if you have had two vaccine shots ? Prime example being Phuket sandbox where a double vaccinated and clear test passenger got off the plane and tested positive, so ferries asking for this and that stops nothing .

Also if she were to apply for a job or to try restarting her business which has stopped due to lack of incoming visitors , then do you think employers or potential customers would hire an unvaccinated person over a vaccinated one or that villa owners would be happy with a unvaccinated person coming to a guests villa ?

Yeah very rich of her complaining ????

2 hours ago, ronster said:

Utter fantasy !
My Thai wife went to government hospital in samui yesterday to ask about vaccine and was told they don’t have any , no idea when they will have more and that she can’t register to get it when available ! 
Utter shambles all over the country !

I live on Samui and am still waiting for a shot - Monday I get a phone call  - "vaccine arrived today (A.Z.), go to the hospital now." I get there at 2:00 pm " . . . sorry, AZ all gone, you can have Sinovac if you want . . . 

If anyone were to make a bullet-pointed chronological list of "official" statements that simple never happened, then nobody would ever believe it . . . and it would start with this one from the PM . . . 

_s0443a.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robsamui said:

I live on Samui and am still waiting for a shot - Monday I get a phone call  - "vaccine arrived today (A.Z.), go to the hospital now." I get there at 2:00 pm " . . . sorry, AZ all gone, you can have Sinovac if you want . . . 

If anyone were to make a bullet-pointed chronological list of "official" statements that simple never happened, then nobody would ever believe it . . . and it would start with this one from the PM . . . 

_s0443a.jpg

Yeah I spoke to a mate in bophut and he went about 10 days ago and registered at the school near chaweng lake . Two days later he was told come that day for his Astra vaccine ! He couldn’t believe how quick it was .
Then I have spoken with older Thai friends who struggled to even get accepted due to being around 60 year old mark .????

Is it possible to do it in some form of importance, e.g   My wifes two daughters who are 19 year olds have had there first Astra jab as they are waiting to go to University,  i am a 72 year old geriatric has been with a pre existing and haven't seen a sniff of it, the wife  49 year old skip of a lass with a pre existing is also void of and signs of a jab.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

"Government plans to inoculate 10 million per month despite AstraZeneca shortfall..."

So prey tell please, how do you inoculate 10 million people if you don't have  enough of the stuff? dilute it with other agent?...

Nah, they’ll use…magic

43 minutes ago, Emdog said:

How about this plan: half doses of vaccine and free amulet with PM's face on it

Ought to do the trick, and I do mean trick

I guess it was inevitable that the amulets would be invoked.  Gosh I miss Thailand as nutty as it was sometimes.  I can only imagine what Post Covid will be, or Post PM Prayut will be, or when the next coup will be, or if they will ever form a coalition government, have political parties, or whatever.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

I guess it was inevitable that the amulets would be invoked.  Gosh I miss Thailand as nutty as it was sometimes.  I can only imagine what Post Covid will be, or Post PM Prayut will be, or when the next coup will be, or if they will ever form a coalition government, have political parties, or whatever.

Non of it will be your concern. A nation and its people are dieing of willful neglect.

2 hours ago, steevjee said:

Quiet? you didn't see the protests in BKK yesterday, they might be fooling the lower thinkers but that's a minority, the youth will eventually run this mob out of town...... stay tuned ????

Hope your right, that's just what I have been saying.

1 hour ago, ronster said:

So you think the other 50% just don’t need a vaccine then ? 
That kind of thinking sounds like something the government would utter ! I’m alright I got a vaccine so everyone near me will be safe also . You do realise you can still transmit it even if you have had two vaccine shots ? Prime example being Phuket sandbox where a double vaccinated and clear test passenger got off the plane and tested positive, so ferries asking for this and that stops nothing .

Also if she were to apply for a job or to try restarting her business which has stopped due to lack of incoming visitors , then do you think employers or potential customers would hire an unvaccinated person over a vaccinated one or that villa owners would be happy with a unvaccinated person coming to a guests villa ?

Yeah very rich of her complaining ????

You and your wife do need a vaccine...it is just at the moment other people need it more than you. You are relatively safe in Samui. I'm in Samui and not vaccinated too.

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

You are providing a valuable "thumbnail precis" of the running score of this terrible business, which serves to concentrate minds! I would like to acknowledge your work, but a "like" seems inappropriate, and "sad" is so often misused to suggest "I don't agree with you".

Thank You.

The sad emotican is very confusing, it can mean "I don't agree with you", or it can be used to agree with someone who has made a post which is actually sad.

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to my AZ vaccine shot tomorrow (22 July) which was confirmed on 16 May 2021 … at RAM hospital in Chiangmai.

HANG ON … just got a LINE message from RAM

————————-

Announcement from Chiangmai Ram Hospital
#For individuals who have signed up on the “Mor Prompt” application.
---
Those who have appointment for the 1st and 2nd dose of COVID vaccination since July 12, 2021.
#Postponed indefinitely.
Please wait for contact from the hospital. When the vaccine has been allocated, the hospital will inform you. If you have not receive a call, please contact 053-920300.
If there is a change in schedule, the hospital will inform you.
In order to receive accurate information, please follow Chiang Mai Ram Hospital’s official channel.

———————

Edited by csmith
  • Haha 1

Same old empty promises.

The Thai people are not stupid.

There losing confidence in the government to help them.  ( There was very little to begin with).

Thai people have very little confidence in Sinovac, they ask "Why are you keep ordering this Sinovac?".

This government seems unawares that with Social media and internet information is at there fingertips.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, csmith said:

Those who have appointment for the 1st and 2nd dose of COVID vaccination since July 12, 2021.
#Postponed indefinitely.

Kinda hard to give a vaccination when you don't have any vaccines.

Given the shortage, or near non-existence of vaccines, it feels like there will be a shift to giving as many people as possible one dose, and postponing second doses, if the first dose was AZ. If the first dose was sinovac, then maybe give a second dose as AZ.

It is getting uglier with each passing day, and decisions made weeks, and months ago, are making the current situation much worse.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KKr said:

look at this in a slightly different perspective and it is not so bad after all...

image.png.ea01eeb23b76d3bcc8d37f682deb129f.png

data: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

UK number are much worse.  Think you cut and pasted another countries numbers.  Get your point though but only one perspective dominates Thailand's handling of the pandemic.  I feel fortunate to have been here during the pandemic and obviously all the other foreigners here feel the same or would not they have gone home?  

Thailand hasn't reached 4000 deaths.  Some countries were reaching this daily a few months back.  Easy to grasp why procuring a vaccine for hard hit countries was more paramount.  If a few people were dying each week when vaccines became available I wonder if 60% of Americans would be vaccinated.  My guess would be 85% wouldn't bother and would have to be pushed constantly to reach even 50% over a 12 month period.

Just came back from the hospital. Had an appointment for AstraZeneca, but they wanted give me Sinovac. I refused because it was the second time that there was no Astra.. They only want to make money from the Sinovac vaccines it seems, because the policy now is first jab is Sinovac , second one maybe Astra

8 hours ago, vandeventer said:

That's why I would prefer the J&J vaccine. One jab and your done! Also if they are getting 20 million Pfizer vaccines will the Thais have to pay for them or just us?

Johnson & Johnson vaccine may be less effective against delta variant

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/johnson-johnson-vaccine-may-be-less-effective-against-delta-variant-vegas-employees-required-to-wear-mask-indoors-covid-19-updates/ar-AAMo3NS

• Like 1

Looks like the Aussies really dont want the AZ shot , at one vaccination hub only 50 were administered whilst over 8295 Pfizer jabs were given . Says a lot doesnt it . I assume they will be pushed off to countries in Asia where they will lap them up as most dont want these chinese made jabs .

13 hours ago, placeholder said:

Lets see if I get in trouble for this.   The FDA is issuing a new warning for the Johnson & Johnson shot suggesting that it is linked to an increased risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome, an autoimmune reaction in which the immune system attacks the nervous system.  The most commonly reported side effects were pain at the injection site, headache, fatigue, muscle aches and nausea. Most of these side effects occurred within 1-2 days following vaccination and were mild to moderate in severity and lasted 1-2 days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, atpeace said:

UK number are much worse.  Think you cut and pasted another countries numbers.  Get your point though but only one perspective dominates Thailand's handling of the pandemic.  I feel fortunate to have been here during the pandemic and obviously all the other foreigners here feel the same or would not they have gone home?  

Thailand hasn't reached 4000 deaths.  Some countries were reaching this daily a few months back.  Easy to grasp why procuring a vaccine for hard hit countries was more paramount.  If a few people were dying each week when vaccines became available I wonder if 60% of Americans would be vaccinated.  My guess would be 85% wouldn't bother and would have to be pushed constantly to reach even 50% over a 12 month period.

Appreciate your attentively reading and giving constructive feedback. 
Wrong Spelling picked up Ukraine, the next country in the table

image.png.125e719ffbba8d90dbb5b5d834a80a54.png

When looking at the full table, it becomes clear that, so far,Thailand did a good job keeping Covid at bay.
Four times less cases per million, and 10 times less casualties per million than the global average.

Having said that, while trying to project the data forward, it seems to me that unless proper protection were built up fast, i.e. full vaccination of population, chances that the ranking will deteriorate are larger than that the ranking to relatively improve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1