Government plans to inoculate 10 million per month despite AstraZeneca shortfall

webfact

Just now, khaowong1 said:

Lets see if I get in trouble for this.   The FDA is issuing a new warning for the Johnson & Johnson shot suggesting that it is linked to an increased risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome, an autoimmune reaction in which the immune system attacks the nervous system.  The most commonly reported side effects were pain at the injection site, headache, fatigue, muscle aches and nausea. Most of these side effects occurred within 1-2 days following vaccination and were mild to moderate in severity and lasted 1-2 days.

In a statement, the CDC said the agency has received about 100 reports of Guillain-Barre syndrome among 12.8 million J&J doses that have been administered, a tiny percentage. In most cases, symptoms appeared about two weeks after people received the vaccine, and most of the affected are male, with many over age 50 years.

https://time.com/6079957/guillain-barre-johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-fda/

19 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

The vaccination rate is now compounding other critical issues (i) The economy (ii) Debt/Bankruptcy (iii) Foreign Investment and consumer confidence which is at its lowest since 1998. This is the domino effect of a poorly managed critical path that now raised political risk.

The thing too is that there's nothing special about Thailand in fact to the contrary. So, once business decides to settle in Vietnam or Cambodia it's not coming back. Thailand doesn't offer high tech, educated workforce. It's assembly and manufacturing. Zero sum game.

• Like 2

If people would stop talking about what the country did yesterday rather than what we are in for tomorrow that would be great.

Bangkok Post and Thai news now discussing it will become routine people dying in their homes and in the street. Services are overwhelmed. Three found dead in the street reported. I suspect this won't even be news in three weeks.

Will be interesting to see how Thailand is perceived on world stage.

11 hours ago, Tony125 said:

The Lambda variant now reported in the USA.  My greek alphabet memory tells me that Lambda is about the 11th and Delta is the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet. So have there been variants in between those two, i.e.  eta, theta, epsilon, iota, kappa etc?  I think I have the order wrong

22 hours ago, ezzra said:

"Government plans to inoculate 10 million per month despite AstraZeneca shortfall..."

So prey tell please, how do you inoculate 10 million people if you don't have  enough of the stuff? dilute it with other agent?...

Simple. Give the small ones 1/2 shot. Overweight farangs get a double dose first time.

8 hours ago, KKr said:

Appreciate your attentively reading and giving constructive feedback. 
Wrong Spelling picked up Ukraine, the next country in the table

image.png.125e719ffbba8d90dbb5b5d834a80a54.png

When looking at the full table, it becomes clear that, so far,Thailand did a good job keeping Covid at bay.
Four times less cases per million, and 10 times less casualties per million than the global average.

Having said that, while trying to project the data forward, it seems to me that unless proper protection were built up fast, i.e. full vaccination of population, chances that the ranking will deteriorate are larger than that the ranking to relatively improve.

Agreed, it will get worse in Thailand compared to developed nations IMO. The developed nations had more incentive and also access to vaccines. 

Not to dismiss Thailand's deaths but they are not increasing at a rate that even comes close to what most developed nations went through. The slow  rise in the death numbers Thailand is experiencing  is a good sign.  More restrictions will be placed if the numbers continue to rise which is probably the most likely outcome.  Many Thais have suffered immensely but it looks like their suffering is going to be prolonged.  Sucks but what can you do?

My uneducated guess: By end of August Deaths reach 150 per day and level off.  By End of year 50-60% will be vaccinated and thing will be looking a lot better.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kynikoi said:

If people would stop talking about what the country did yesterday rather than what we are in for tomorrow that would be great.

Bangkok Post and Thai news now discussing it will become routine people dying in their homes and in the street. Services are overwhelmed. Three found dead in the street reported. I suspect this won't even be news in three weeks.

Will be interesting to see how Thailand is perceived on world stage.

Top of mind perception - seedy nightlife followed by food. That is the true but sad perception.

7 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

The Lambda variant now reported in the USA.  My greek alphabet memory tells me that Lambda is about the 11th and Delta is the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet. So have there been variants in between those two, i.e.  eta, theta, epsilon, iota, kappa etc?  I think I have the order wrong

What to know about the lambda variant of the coronavirus

"Infectious-disease experts in the United States aren’t sounding any alarms about lambda yet. Its progress here has been slow, with fewer than 700 cases identified since it emerged in the country months ago. Moreover, experts say the threat from lambda is insignificant next to the highly transmissible delta variant, which is spreading rapidly among unvaccinated people and causing hospitalizations to spike for the first time in months."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/20/lambda-variant-coronavirus/

On 7/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, ronster said:

Utter fantasy !
My Thai wife went to government hospital in samui yesterday to ask about vaccine and was told they don’t have any , no idea when they will have more and that she can’t register to get it when available ! 
Utter shambles all over the country !

And they are opening to tourists?

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

COVID-19: Variants of Concern and Variants of Interest   ( How they name them )

https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/health/covid-19-variants-of-concern-and-variants-of-interest/article35301681.ece

23 hours ago, placeholder said:

In a statement, the CDC said the agency has received about 100 reports of Guillain-Barre syndrome among 12.8 million J&J doses that have been administered, a tiny percentage. In most cases, symptoms appeared about two weeks after people received the vaccine, and most of the affected are male, with many over age 50 years.

I'm having a lot of trouble with whom to believe.  The FDA or the CDC.  One outfit says one thing, the other something else.  

On 7/21/2021 at 8:51 AM, CharlieH said:

Post removed.

Posts denigrating and calling Chinese vaccines useless and referring to it with derogatory names have been removed.

Whilst it may be ineffective in certain cases (ie Delta strain) it is by no means useless.

At the end of the day this is a Thai government sponsored vaccine and the forum and or yourself can get in trouble for comments like this so stop it.

Thank you

I am aware that my maths can at no way equal TAT's. But let's give it a try. Here are the data: 10 million shots, 70 million Thais, min 2 jabs. According to this complicated exercice each Thai will be fully vaccinated not before 14 months ie. September 2020. Good luck for reopening the country soon. Should change their name in Utopia.

2 minutes ago, vangrop said:

I am aware that my maths can at no way equal TAT's. But let's give it a try. Here are the data: 10 million shots, 70 million Thais, min 2 jabs. According to this complicated exercice each Thai will be fully vaccinated not before 14 months ie. September 2020. Good luck for reopening the country soon. Should change their name in Utopia.

Sorry little error, I mean September 2022. Confused by TAT's maths

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:49 AM, placeholder said:

Here's your example.  The FDA says one thing warning people about J&J vaccines, the CDC kind of poo pahs that warning. 

On 7/24/2021 at 11:32 AM, vangrop said:

Sorry little error, I mean September 2022. Confused by TAT's maths

and that is not counting expected or required booster jabs as time goes on, or as effectiveness wanes, or other variants need completely new stuff, etc.