3 months of semi-lockdown required to bring pandemic under control – KKP Research

snoop1130

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

As someone stuck outside of Thailand for 16 months away from the family, I would support this, even though it would mean more time away.

BUT.

The issue is unless their vaccine program is completely finished by 3 months - and a non  chinese vaccine used -  then it will just explode again on opening and my time away extended further.

Tell me I could plan to start coming back without hoops in exactly 6 months and I'd be not exactly happy, but OK.

Bit off the topic, but how is it your stuck?

I was in Canada, and apart from a few minor pieces of paper work the return process was quite easy. This was last July mind you, but still no major issues.

• Like 2

this vaccine pushing bull is causing more trouble than the virus first the Chinese vaccine no good now AstraZeneca is causing trouble Denmark has stopped the use of it and the Australian PM is in trouble cause he told his health board to watch what they do with it and they told him to shut his mouth not a good sign at all, all the info is there it is not good , it is in the Aust. retiree news letter you be lucky to find it anywhere else

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I don't know if you live here. But if you do, and things do come unglued, those of us who are foreigners may think we can sit it out. But don't be surprised if while taking so much as a 100 meter walk to the nearest ATM you are robbed and beaten. People desperate for money to pay their rent, find food for their family, or pay their electric bill are going to see you as the natural target. Of course, I could be wrong, and I suppose the police will do everything in their power to protect you.

Live here and stand by what I wrote. Didn't happen in 1997-98 "Tom Yum Goong" Financial Crisis. Was here then too. Besides, will just hire some "muscle" and/or just pay the local "help" to serve and protect, should your unlikely scenario arise. Meanwhile...at the pool sipping my Sang Som! ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

As someone stuck outside of Thailand for 16 months away from the family, I would support this, even though it would mean more time away.

BUT.

The issue is unless their vaccine program is completely finished by 3 months - and a non  chinese vaccine used -  then it will just explode again on opening and my time away extended further.

Tell me I could plan to start coming back without hoops in exactly 6 months and I'd be not exactly happy, but OK.

The vaccine won't be completed in 3 months, plus you mention if the Chinese vaccine is not used. Do you think that if non Chinese vaccine is used that then no one well get Covid. Stop dreaming! 

• Like 2

Just now, Tonypandy said:

The vaccine won't be completed in 3 months, plus you mention if the Chinese vaccine is not used. Do you think that if non Chinese vaccine is used that then no one well get Covid. Stop dreaming! 

Not used 

What? No mention of vaxxing 80%?? Without vaccinations cases will just rise again. An infinite loop.

Lock downs with no heavy vaxxing will be fruitless and just <deleted> off the people who will cooperate less and less and get sicker and sicker. Duh.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Live here and stand by what I wrote. Didn't happen in 1997-98 "Tom Yum Goong" Financial Crisis. Was here then too. Besides, will just hire some "muscle" and/or just pay the local "help" to serve and protect, should your unlikely scenario arise. Meanwhile...at the pool sipping my Sang Som! ????

And plenty of lasses around to provide "goods and services"! ????

13 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Let your currency float and get value something like 1$ is 45 bth then your export industry go up like rocket. Also you maybe get tourist in country some day in future!

It goes down very slowly meanwhile. I will wait to transfer my money till end of the year or later.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

That's probably what they'll gona go for, semi-lockdown with multiple sandboxes. An experiment bound to fail. 

the real effects of poor management and vaccine rollout are becoming very apparent.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gojdthai2016 said:

Recent study of delta fatality rates after transmission in the uk show fatality rate of .2 to .3 compared to alpha strain of 1.8 to 2 .....180000 cases study in my understanding of maths the likelihood of dying from the delta is between 1 in 500 to I in 333 after being diagnosed with it 

Did the study indicate how many % were unvaccinated versus vaccinated for those numbers indicated? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

People have been talking endlessly here on the Subject of total vaccination 

For the whole population  no one in Government were listening 

There now should be a restricted lockdown until years end 

Concentrate on getting the vaccination program  on track 

For the whole Country not just your Phuket sandbox ect 

I bet they will not listen to you as well . Restricted lockdown till years end ?? Easy talking for someone that has the money to ride it out , how about the people suffering for.more then a year already and then have to suffer for 6 more months from your idea ?? People have been talking about vaccinating endlessly and yet that's exactly what you want to happen as well vaccinations . So why wait for 6 months with severe conseqeunses and not tell them to get the !@#$ on with it A.S.A.P .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, phukettrader said:

Really? According to the governments figures yesterday, cases = 453,132, deaths = 3,697 = 0.816% of cases

In fact, while it is a pretty pointless argument (given that it is based on numbers which, by definition, are incorrect), that percentage will, in reality, be substantially lower. Deaths are (according to a number of doctors, and also common sense) a bit higher than the reported numbers, how big a "bit" we'll never know. Cases, however, are very much higher (and this applies to just about every country, not unique to TH), but once again we have no idea how much higher (many estimate between 3 and 6 times). What we can deduce, therefore, is that the %age is lower, though not by how much.

• Like 2