3 months of semi-lockdown required to bring pandemic under control – KKP Research

snoop1130

Mass vaccination for both Thai's and Foreigners is the only answer, 7 days a week. Instead of every day just adding more restrictions day by day. Take a look at the western world, some sense of normality is returning in most places. Make it happen in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Let your currency float and get value something like 1$ is 45 bth then your export industry go up like rocket. Also you maybe get tourist in country some day in future!

Thailand thailand bought 41 tonnes of gold in april and 47 tonnes in may to support its currency, as did all countries in Asia. So don't dream, bath will stay strong.

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from the Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

The vaccine won't be completed in 3 months, plus you mention if the Chinese vaccine is not used. Do you think that if non Chinese vaccine is used that then no one well get Covid. Stop dreaming! 

Not at all, people vaccinated in the UK are still getting covid, but deaths are not spiking as much as those in chinese gunk countries. That's the point

• Like 1

A post containing a photo of the content on a television screen has been removed as that method of posting is not a valid link to the source of information. 

An inflammatory post has been removed as well as some Soros troll posts. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

As someone stuck outside of Thailand for 16 months away from the family, I would support this, even though it would mean more time away.

BUT.

The issue is unless their vaccine program is completely finished by 3 months - and a non  chinese vaccine used -  then it will just explode again on opening and my time away extended further.

Tell me I could plan to start coming back without hoops in exactly 6 months and I'd be not exactly happy, but OK.

Same, same, if inter provincial travel is restricted and visitors are therefore kept in their sandboxes like Phuket many like me will see not any point in going this year.

• Like 1

So the boffins think three months of lockdown will bring the virus under control?

I have an alternative suggestion. Covid is a seasonal virus and will decline at the end of the wet season. When is the end of the wet season? Three months? Oh, jolly clever boffins, jolly clever indeed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

And yet the baht hardly moves.

It is a mystery for sure.

I’m not one of these argumentative a$$hats looking to poop all over everybody’s post but I just checked the exchange rate for the US Dollar. At the moment it’s trading at 32.93 Baht. Here’s a look at what the exchange rate has been over the last year. The £, € and Dollars of Canada, Australia and New Zealand all appear to be doing better now as well when looking at their values over the course of the last year.  Maybe it’s not a lot of movement for some but the exchange rate is moving more to the favor of Westerners here in Thailand. 

3DC70506-E906-4784-9B43-E9BB690AEF0B.png

D9DBB363-859C-4AED-94DA-20D360C0C069.png

• Like 1

Should have happened a while ago now the moment that the Delta variant raised it ugly head. But no... the Sandbox idea was so much more important than the rest of the country! Must bring in the money.... spent on an island and not throughout the country (well.... for 14 days at least). This is not going to get better and now with Thailand trying to sign into the international vaccine procurement program that everyone else in the region did but Thailand was too cheap to do (or rather too far in bed with China to do)... well we will see what happens. But the situation is not going to get better and there will be more people dyeing and the hospitals will be further stretches than they already are (already sending people to home to quarantine). 

"Patients is require, The is situation is fluid,  It is a process".... but enough with those usual government issued explanations... just GET A MOVE ON!

3 hours ago, Globaleyes said:

If you think the 99% figure is wrong, can you show some evidence for a different one?

Other end of the scale... Peru, 195,547 deaths and 2,099,522 cases. 

90.7%

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/peru/

World total. 4,151,729 deaths, 193,429,183 cases 97.8%

I suspect some of the cases are repeat infections too... deaths don't get repeated.

The claim was MORE than 99%.... often brought in by those in denial.

Edited by jacko45k

16 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Let your currency float and get value something like 1$ is 45 bth then your export industry go up like rocket. Also you maybe get tourist in country some day in future!

lol the currency IS floated and it happened in 1997 when the peg was removed to the benchmark $

Despite it dropping this last few months Thailands foreign currency reserves are still monstrous at the 10th highest in the world

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Hope so.................

17 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

I couldn't agree more with this...and the £ back to around 75/80..... which it what it was back in 2003?....I think.....The Euro towards 55!....❤️

18 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

That's probably what they'll gona go for, semi-lockdown with multiple sandboxes. An experiment bound to fail. 

Sandboxes will be history, as are the Travel Bubbles.

• Like 1