Extending Retirement Visa through a Passport Agency in a Province Outside the Province I Reside

Does anyone know if it is acceptable to extend your retirement visa through a passport agency in one province while living in a different province?

My initial Non-O/Retirement Visa was accomplished through a passport agency and subsequently issued through Chonburi Immigration. The visa is a multiple-exit/entry retirement visa. I used the passport agency for convenience, as requirements seemed to be ever changing and the passport agency understood the requirements and processes to obtain my visa for me.

I recently returned to Thailand, completed the 2-week quarantine period and returned to my home in Kanchanaburi province. I contacted Kanchanaburi immigration to inform them I returned and they asked me to visit in person. Upon inspection of my passport, they asked why I obtained a visa in Chonburi vs. Kanchanaburi, and then informed me I MUST extend my visa through the Kanchanaburi immigration office before it's expiration (OCT 2021). I planned to use the same agency in Pattaya for my extension. Does anyone know if I can extend my visa in a province other than the one I live in? I am not aware of a passport agency in Kanchanaburi that can do it for me.  Thank you...

-Thomas

• Like 1

Normally you have to apply for your extension at the designated office for the province where you are living. You should be able to apply for your next in Kanchanaburi if you have changed your address to that office.

Did you have the financial proof for your extension when it was done in Chonburi? If not that is why they are telling you it has be done in Chonburi again using a agent.

Agents can arrange to do them in in a different province which requires a substantial fee paid to the agent.

• Like 2

Ubonjoe,

Thank you for your reply. I did not have financial proof for my initial retirement visa going through the agency in Pattaya (Chonburi). For my extension, the immigration office said I must renew in Kanchanburi, not Chonburi. I like to keep my financial information private and I don't particuarly want to maintain 800,000 THB in my Thai bank. I am sure that limits my options. 

-Thomas

• Haha 1

What's a passport agency???

If you mean a visa agent then the whole point of them existing is to help you get around awkward issues such as not having enough money in your account, or being in the wrong province. So I'm sure you'll find one who's able to assist.

5 minutes ago, TR001 said:

Thank you for your reply. I did not have financial proof for my initial retirement visa going through the agency in Pattaya (Chonburi). For my extension, the immigration office said I must renew in Kanchanburi, not Chonburi. I like to keep my financial information private and I don't particuarly want to maintain 800,000 THB in my Thai bank. I am sure that limits my options. 

You will not be able to get another extension without using an agent that can arrange the financial proof.

To apply for the extension at Kanchanaburi you will need proof you had 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the day you applied your current extension and then at least 400k baht for the remainder of the year.

Jay,

Yes, a visa agent. I will contact the visa agent I used previously. I was hoping someone might know the actual requirements based on Thai regulation or law, but maybe I'm just being silly. -Thomas

• Haha 1

Thank you!

You will not be able to get another extension without using an agent that can arrange the financial proof.

To apply for the extension at Kanchanaburi you will need proof you had 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the day you applied your current extension and then at least 400k baht for the remainder of the year.

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your using an agent. That's not an issue. Many do for various reasons.

He has no choice but to use an agent or start all over again by leaving and re-entering the country to start all over again. I explained that in my earlier post

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The only small issue is your ongoing 90 day reporting. Some agents provide that service as well.

Another option is to file change of address to reflect where your living

What document is necessary to notify change of address ?

On 7/23/2021 at 2:02 PM, TR001 said:

Ubonjoe,

-Thomas

You're a brave guy, rocking up at your local immigration office with an agent-assisted extension obtained elsewhere. You should have staid well clear!

Well I did exactly that, because the agent told me to and that it would be fine (TM30 followed by 90 day report).  It was fine up to a point -  they accepted the TM30 but then refused to accept the 90-day report, saying I had to go back to the province where I got the extension to do that. But they did accept and process my re-entry permit that I applied for at the same time, and that is in my passport. I never did the 90-day report as I was leaving the country soon after, so I'll deal with any fine for the late 90-day at the time that I apply for the new extension, this time in the new province. I used an agent not because I didn't meet the requirements but for other reasons at that time. I will be able to do it myself the next time and plan to do just that.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:50 AM, Tuvoc said:

Well I did exactly that, because the agent told me to and that it would be fine (TM30 followed by 90 day report).  It was fine up to a point -  they accepted the TM30 but then refused to accept the 90-day report, saying I had to go back to the province where I got the extension to do that. But they did accept and process my re-entry permit that I applied for at the same time, and that is in my passport. I never did the 90-day report as I was leaving the country soon after, so I'll deal with any fine for the late 90-day at the time that I apply for the new extension, this time in the new province. I used an agent not because I didn't meet the requirements but for other reasons at that time. I will be able to do it myself the next time and plan to do just that.

It appears I should have contacted the agent I used initially first before going to the Kanchanaburi immigration office.....good luck on your return, hopefully the fine is minimal!

12 hours ago, TR001 said:

It appears I should have contacted the agent I used initially first before going to the Kanchanaburi immigration office.....good luck on your return, hopefully the fine is minimal!

It will be a fixed 2,000 baht I'm told, or they may not impose it at all.