The Madness Continues!

Skeptic7

1 minute ago, rumak said:

i know you're trolling me......... but uh uh    no photos of the beauties sliding down   ????

Not trolling teasing. 

But yea.. that would have been better with some beauties sliding down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Its a bit strange, in BKK at one time they did not close the pools but only let a set number of people in. But i guess that is too much work to police.

I think it adds too much work so closing is easier. Your lucky its not really pool weather, havent seen much sun. I like to float around in our pool when there is some sun. But no sun so the water is too cold.

Anyway should be sensible about some rules. In a pool with a limited amount of people and chlorine it should be ok. 

Pools are quite safe indeed unless it is full because everybody goes there . It is a rule they made in a lot of countries , and is not because of the location but because they want to shut down contacts between people .

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

Just wait until you need a haircut. Latest round is totally nuts.

Haircuts is 1 of the more dangerous places . It is 1 of the 1st things closed in many countries because of that ( behind bars/clubs ..) , because there you will find a lot of people coming in close contact with the person cutting your hair . It is a simple fact and something you can't deny .

People want the government to take action , but don't like the outcome ... what do you expect ? In order to get the numbers down , you have got to stop people meeting eachother , this way the virus don't spread . Vaccinations are the real solution , but right now , even if they vaccinate everybody today , won't solve current wave .

• Like 1

I am fully prepared to go to Pattaya.  I can put up with the 14 day  ASQ.  I can put up with the curfews.  I was going to rent a bigger condo than I usually do with a nice pool.  I can relax for several days lounging around a pool, taking afternoon naps, short walks to go eat and pick up some supplies.  But now that they are closing pools, that is the last straw.  I am going to take another "final" engineering contract instead of even thinking of going to Thailand.  I thought I was punching out last year, but Thailand's COVID policies just keep me from doing that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The barbers part is easy to understand. Close personal contact for an extended period of time in an enclosed indoor environment. With COVID, that's what you don't want.

Parks and pools for exercise, that's harder to understand.

It's not the pool per se, but Uncle P believes it's the behaviour poolside that is the problem. He has inferred on multiple occasions everyone here act like children to him, children that drink and party far too much that is...     If you fill it full of water.. they will come (and drink)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

I'm out here giving up the most dynamic years of my life so that people in the least dynamic years of theirs can do ??? with the time that we have bought them. I'm a hero, bro. They better build me a statue.

You ain't doing nothing for me matey! I accept death when it comes.

And am currently missing out on my 4 party trips/year to Vietnam/Cambodia/Philippines while in death's waiting room.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Me to, but for real! By choice and well before the pandemic...had my last hair trim in December 2019. Longest hair I've had since high school. Love it. Don't intend to ever cut it again. 

53 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

I am fully prepared to go to Pattaya.  I can put up with the 14 day  ASQ.  I can put up with the curfews.  I was going to rent a bigger condo than I usually do with a nice pool.  I can relax for several days lounging around a pool, taking afternoon naps, short walks to go eat and pick up some supplies.  But now that they are closing pools, that is the last straw.  I am going to take another "final" engineering contract instead of even thinking of going to Thailand.  I thought I was punching out last year, but Thailand's COVID policies just keep me from doing that.

If you were in 14 day ASQ you would not be able to use the pool.

Just make sure you have a nice big room, with good food brought to you through the locked hatch. Oh, and if you can pay extra for a balcony, and rent a stationery bike, that might improve the incarceration.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nice pool! Can I come over? ????

Just close your eyes............. and imagine you are at poolside.     That is what i do   ????

Used to be we had some very impressive members ( so they say) ...... who would grace us with

their real life material photos.     

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fondue zoo said:

It's not the pool per se, but Uncle P believes it's the behaviour poolside that is the problem. He has inferred on multiple occasions everyone here act like children to him, children that drink and party far too much that is...     If you fill it full of water.. they will come (and drink)

The next stage everyone will have to become Buddhist monks permanently so no demonstration in front of his big house and reopen the barber for man only.

9 minutes ago, rumak said:

Just close your eyes............. and imagine you are at poolside.     That is what i do   ????

Used to be we had some very impressive members ( so they say) ...... who would grace us with

their real life material photos.     

Got plenty "impressive members" just a ☎️ away. What I don't have is a pool! ????????????

24 minutes ago, rumak said:

the biggest surprise to me ( in my time here on earth) ................ is that so few people i have met come anywhere close to having dynamic lives.    

This is fair. Most people are drone-like NPCs with no vision and no courage. Just look at this place lol, it's full of people who've lived 60+ years and yet never figured out life.

Explains why you see so many posts here that say stuff like "I don't think this is a lockdown. I haven't noticed much change in my day to day life." Stuff like that says way more about the poster than about the lockdown. Levels.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, samtam said:

Strictly speaking a condo pool is not private, as it is open to all the residents of your condo, (as in my case). But in our case we have even limited that, by making the pool available to 1 unit for 1 hour. It has worked without any problem, but I know that from today there are going to be some in the condo who are going to complain, despite the fact that properly chlorinated pools are safe, and there is no social interaction with anyone who is not from your own unit, (just as you would experience inside your home). Our situation is complicated by having other facilities, (tennis court, basketball court, outdoor track/ children's games area). I want to close the courts and the recreation area, because the two courts are contact sports and may require people from other units to participate. The play area has been used outside of guidelines, with children from multiple units using at the same time, and two days ago, one (so far) testing positive.

I agree that it should stay open, (and see my comments above). Unfortunately the powers that be take the sledge hammer to a nut approach, because they cannot conceive of a pool being used for anything other than an activity that involves several parties in close proximity. We closed our pool for 2 months the last time until 21 July because of the inane BMA (Bangkok) ruling.

Smart!

Limit it to one unit per hour.  Sign up, if you don't show up you lose that privilege for a week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

The next stage everyone will have to become Buddhist monks permanently so no demonstration in front of his big house and reopen the barber for man only.

Already livin' la vida loca, (as a monk in my cell) for the last 3 months, and will do so for the coming 3 months until I get my 2nd jab, and then, zone colours permitting, I'm outa here for a while.

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yes our condo pool is not open to the public either. Private by my definition. Only residents can get to it and use it... but it's posted and entryway LOCKED. 

They close it with pleasure less maintenance work. You know Corona is a gods gift for all those people hiding behind it as excuse to perform as less as possible. Especially among civil servants.

7 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yes our condo pool is not open to the public either. Private by my definition. Only residents can get to it and use it... but it's posted and entryway LOCKED. 

The fridge is not locked , go for it 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Cipher said:

My barber came round today, she decided to go mobile.

Private and public pools were ordered closed. I think Pattaya News clarified it to avoid ambiguity of last time

4 hours ago, The Cipher said:

"I don't think this is a lockdown. I haven't noticed much change in my day to day life.

OUCH !    i would guess you are under 60.    Under 50 ?     I do agree that so many guys really have had

IMO  pretty dull lives.    Yeah,  on the internet they can embellish it  , most do.  

If you're ever up CM  way come spend an hour or two with old Rumak....  i got some stories.

Now,  after that boast...... I will admit that nowadays nothing much has changed.   I try to avoid most people,  don't start the night at 10pm like i used to ,  and now usually limit myself to three ladies in the bedroom at night:   one to wipe my mouth,  one to empty the bedpan,  and one to go out to the ATM.

ok ok    made that part up.     But really....after the last 70 years...... I really do need a rest .   

Keep going strong if you can.   There are very few of us that can beat father time .   I might be moving 

again,   building my "last house"  ( for the fourth time) .     but the energy level is going in one direction,

it ain't fun getting old

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Just me and my life experiences I guess.  OMG No pool is the last straw!  Seems so selfish, non appreciative and childish these no pool or gym complaining threads. 

You actually can afford and live in a place that has a pool?

Are you sick coughing up blood?

In the hospital?

On a ventilator about to die?

How about waiting like thousands of others on Beach road or many other places for hours for a cup of rice and 2 ounces of some meat?

Jeez please, grow up just seems like such a temporary minor inconvenience compared to what many people here and in the world have/are suffering through.

There are alternative ways to get exercise use your imagination. Try some bands from Decathlon for starters.  

Are you for real? What a load of off-topic ????!!! You must've mistaken me (and my thread) for someone that gives a poop about all that bleeding heart BS. You wanna save the world...GREAT. Best wishes. Take it elsewhere. This thread is about swimming pools...NOT about philanthropy, suffering and unfortunates. Start a thread about it if ya care so much. This one is about CLOSED SWIMMING POOLS. 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, vangrop said:

They close it with pleasure less maintenance work. You know Corona is a gods gift for all those people hiding behind it as excuse to perform as less as possible. Especially among civil servants.

Most public servants have to work harder or smarter than ever helping people get through covid - health, taxation and government assistance, immigration control etc. 

11 hours ago, The Cipher said:

"... need a hair cut"?

If God thought you needed short hair, he would not have made it grow so long.  Barbers are an affront to nature, an abomination in the sight of the Lord, and panderers to vanity and pride.

We should be grateful that COVID has given us a chance to rethink our priorities  

Rasputin