The Madness Continues!

Skeptic7

37 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its a bit strange, in BKK at one time they did not close the pools but only let a set number of people in. But i guess that is too much work to police.

I think it adds too much work so closing is easier. Your lucky its not really pool weather, havent seen much sun. I like to float around in our pool when there is some sun. But no sun so the water is too cold.

Anyway should be sensible about some rules. In a pool with a limited amount of people and chlorine it should be ok. 

Starting today in BKK province, the new rules say all pools must be CLOSED!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Just wait until you need a haircut. Latest round is totally nuts.

Them's the rules. Barbershops in BKK closed starting today.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1225051-thailand-reports-another-record-high-of-14575-coronavirus-cases-and-114-deaths/?do=findComment&comment=16679451

• Like 1

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The barbers part is easy to understand. Close personal contact for an extended period of time in an enclosed indoor environment. With COVID, that's what you don't want.

Parks and pools for exercise, that's harder to understand.

I understand it that was not what i meant, but last time they escaped lockdown. That is why i did not see it coming. Just like factories are now spreading the virus like crazy but they stay open. Not all rules make sense so its hard to figure out what will happen next. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Personally, I'm going retro and aiming for the 70s look in terms of hair!  ????

Me to, but for real! By choice and well before the pandemic...had my last hair trim in December 2019. Longest hair I've had since high school. Love it. Don't intend to ever cut it again. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, samtam said:

Define "private". Used by you and your family alone?

Yes our condo pool is not open to the public either. Private by my definition. Only residents can get to it and use it... but it's posted and entryway LOCKED. 

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Them's the rules. Barbershops in BKK closed starting today.

I know the rule specified that they were to close from today, but in practice they seem to have all closed yesterday. I rushed out yesterday to try and get a haircut, but found that they were all closed already. ☹️

1 minute ago, The Cipher said:

I know the rule specified that they were to close from today, but in practice they seem to have all closed yesterday. I rushed out yesterday to try and get a haircut, but found that they were all closed already. ☹️

The central government's rules for the 13 provinces, BKK included, took effect on Tuesday... But for whatever reason, the Bangkok governor's order for Bangkok putting those into effect didn't apply until today.... That kind of stuff creates confusion.

They could enforce people number limits and distancing and keep pools open, but that's asking a lot, so understandable to close them. 

As far as barbers I've been surprised that they've mostly been allowed to stay open over the course of the pandemic here.

However, I did find a way to reduce risk. Choose a small shop with one barber, both masked, only us two in there, chair near an open door, no dawdling. Worth the small risk not to appear like Albert Einstein. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

Thankfully our pool is private so no problem.  But not much sun anyway.

Your post bring this to mind;

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yes our condo pool is not open to the public either. Private by my definition. Only residents can get to it and use it... but it's posted and entryway LOCKED. 

Strictly speaking a condo pool is not private, as it is open to all the residents of your condo, (as in my case). But in our case we have even limited that, by making the pool available to 1 unit for 1 hour. It has worked without any problem, but I know that from today there are going to be some in the condo who are going to complain, despite the fact that properly chlorinated pools are safe, and there is no social interaction with anyone who is not from your own unit, (just as you would experience inside your home). Our situation is complicated by having other facilities, (tennis court, basketball court, outdoor track/ children's games area). I want to close the courts and the recreation area, because the two courts are contact sports and may require people from other units to participate. The play area has been used outside of guidelines, with children from multiple units using at the same time, and two days ago, one (so far) testing positive.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

Shared pool between us and neighbors. 2 Big houses on one property with a big shared pool. 

I agree that it should stay open, (and see my comments above). Unfortunately the powers that be take the sledge hammer to a nut approach, because they cannot conceive of a pool being used for anything other than an activity that involves several parties in close proximity. We closed our pool for 2 months the last time until 21 July because of the inane BMA (Bangkok) ruling.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, samtam said:

Strictly speaking a condo pool is not private, as it is open to all the residents of your condo, (as in my case). But in our case we have even limited that, by making the pool available to 1 unit for 1 hour. It has worked without any problem, but I know that from today there are going to be some in the condo who are going to complain, despite the fact that properly chlorinated pools are safe, and there is no social interaction with anyone not from your own unit, (as you would experience inside your home). Our situation is complicated by having other facilities, (tennis court, basket ball court, outdoor track/ children's games area). I want to close the courts and the recreation area, because the two courts are contact sports and may require people from other units to participate.

I agree that it should stay open, (and see my comments above). Unfortunately the powers that be take the sledge hammer to a nut approach, because they cannot conceive of a pool being used for anything other than an activity that involves several parties in close proximity. We closed our pool for 2 months the last time until 21 July because of the inane BMA (Bangkok) ruling.

Its not a condo, its a house. So no condo management deciding anything. Just us and the neighbors. We rent it from a rich Thai. So its private in a way. So government cant do a thing.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

There more concerned about crowded pools.  Although you maybe the only one using your condo pool, other properties van be packed especially with schools closed.

Our private pool is usually crowded with our kids friends.  Now its just family.

Still its a pain in the butt.  Hot humid days and not much to do.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

its hard to figure out what will happen next. 

lambda through zeta... while our team sweats masks and swimming pools and barber shops, their guys keep on mutating,,, 

swing low, sweet chariot, comin' for to carry me home... 

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

lambda through zeta... while our team sweats masks and swimming pools and barber shops, their guys keep on mutating,,, 

swing low, sweet chariot, comin' for to carry me home... 

where you live..... its already like you died and went to heaven !     LOL