Transferring Non-imm Visa to New Passport

Hi folks, I guess this has been asked dozens of times before, but I can't find the thread. What bureaucratic procedures are involved in transferring my Non-Im O visa to a new (replacement) passport? Is it straightforward? Anything to watch out for? Thanks.

If you received your new passport in Thailand, you just take it, together with the Embassy letter you should have received with the new passport, to Immigration and get your Extension of Stay transferred.  You will need your old passport as well as they need to check your original visa.  There should be no charge.

If you have a visa sticker, as opposed to an Extension of Stay stamp, it can't be transferred.  You just present the old passport with the visa in it, when you need to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If you received your new passport in Thailand, you just take it, together with the Embassy letter you should have received with the new passport, to Immigration and get your Extension of Stay transferred.  You will need your old passport as well as they need to check your original visa.  There should be no charge.

If you have a visa sticker, as opposed to an Extension of Stay stamp, it can't be transferred.  You just present the old passport with the visa in it, when you need to.

Very clear, thanks. It's a stamp, not a sticker. Yes, new passport issued in Thailand. Do you know if there is any time limit for doing this? It seems unnecessary to go to CW at the moment with the Covid situation. Or is it MTT?

11 minutes ago, Jackson B said:

Very clear, thanks. It's a stamp, not a sticker. Yes, new passport issued in Thailand. Do you know if there is any time limit for doing this? It seems unnecessary to go to CW at the moment with the Covid situation. Or is it MTT?

I think it's CW. I don't think it matters if you leave it for a while, especially at this time of supposed lockdown.  You'll just need both passports if you need to do anything that requires a passport.

• Like 1

OP, your non o visa is not transferred.

The information detailing your non o will be entered on first page of your new passport.

Note not every embassy is issuing you a 'letter' with new pp.

Any stamps such as current extension, reentry permit etc will be transferred.

You need to attend imm where the stamps were issued.

There is no time limit to have your stamps transfered. Apart from prior to next extension.

There should be zero charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 10:18 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, your non o visa is not transferred.

The information detailing your non o will be entered on first page of your new passport.

Note not every embassy is issuing you a 'letter' with new pp.

Any stamps such as current extension, reentry permit etc will be transferred.

You need to attend imm where the stamps were issued.

There is no time limit to have your stamps transfered. Apart from prior to next extension.

There should be zero charge.

I have a sticker O-A, would they just transfer the arrival stamp and permission to stay to new PP ? I'll be getting the old PP returned with the new, MTT can take care of it ? thanks. 

26 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I have a sticker O-A, would they just transfer the arrival stamp and permission to stay to new PP ? I'll be getting the old PP returned with the new, MTT can take care of it ? thanks. 

Is your OA visa still valid?

Immigration will do stamp with spaces for info about your visa and old passport and transfer your arrival stamp and a extension of stay stamp if you have one.

The transfer has to be done at Chaeng Wattana.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is your OA visa still valid?

Immigration will do stamp with spaces for info about your visa and old passport and transfer your arrival stamp and a extension of stay stamp if you have one.

The transfer has to be done at Chaeng Wattana.

Thanks Joe, ok CW it is,  O-A visa will be expired when I receive my new PP.  Visa expiring basically when I apply for new PP at Embassy and when I receive new PP I'll have about 6 weeks left on permission to stay. 

Edited by CANSIAM

10 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Thanks Joe, ok CW it is,  O-A visa will be expired when I receive my new PP.  Visa expiring basically when I apply for new PP at Embassy and when I receive new PP I'll have about 6 weeks left on permission to stay. 

Are you prepared to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you prepared to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

Yes, ill need to move my insurance dates to align with extension dates ( headache ), bank letter, have the 800K seasoned, maybe I should get copies all pages old PP ?  It looks like I need 2 trips to CW - New PP stamp transfer and then extension based on retirement ? 

13 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Yes, ill need to move my insurance dates to align with extension dates ( headache ), bank letter, have the 800K seasoned, maybe I should get copies all pages old PP ?  It looks like I need 2 trips to CW - New PP stamp transfer and then extension based on retirement ? 

You will need copies of your old passport. Photo page, visa and entry stamp.

You could do the stamp transfer and extension during the same trip to immigration.

• Thanks 1