Vaccine Using The Wall <60 Years Old

Forza2002

Anybody under the age of 60 and registered with "The Wall of Chiang Mai" managed to get an appointment for the vaccine? I have been registered for several months and not heard a peep. When I check status, keep getting the same message (If you have received a 13 digit number from Kampang Wiang then you are registered in the system. When vaccines are available the system will set an appointment for you by SMS and you will be able to see your appointment date and place here.)

I have registered using my pink id card and again using passport, nada...

• Like 2

Same here. It seems all the vaccines are used up in the Dark Red zones.

Either that or the registration exercise was another failure and we have to register again somewhere.  

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

I'm under 60 an registered some time ago using this method and have yet to hear anything.

I've also read of expats over 70 who registered using this site and are still waiting.

• Like 2

Same here.  Under 60 and so far nothing from anywhere(CM Ram Hospital for Moderna, What a Charlie Foxtrot that has been).  The only thing I am concerned about now is actually getting to BKK from CNX in order to make my flight back to the US for the Pfizer vaccine.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Same here.  Under 60 and so far nothing from anywhere(CM Ram Hospital for Moderna, What a Charlie Foxtrot that has been).  The only thing I am concerned about now is actually getting to BKK from CNX in order to make my flight back to the US for the Pfizer vaccine.  

Don't know when your flight is. One option currently is to fly CM to U Tapao and then taxi to BKK. Nok Air are flying once a day starting some time this week.

Edited by Greenwich Boy

3 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Don't know when your flight is. One option currently is to fly CM to U Tapao and then taxi to BKK. Nok Air are flying once a day starting some time this week.

I'm considering the U tapao way to go, have a couple of hospital reservations for a shot in BKK but no appt date set yet.  If the BKK appt gets here before I get a shot here in CM, I'm going then isolate in CM for 14 days once I return.  Not going anywhere anyway these days.

Greenwhich Bay, the CNX to U-Tapoo on Nok Air seems like a viable option.  The only thing I am concerned about what are extra steps would be needed to take ground transportation to BKK?   Does anyone know if a permit or clearance form is needed to travel from U-Tapao to BKK in a taxi or a car for hire?  

Just had a scroll through Nok flights to Utapao during August and they only presently show departures on Sunday & Thursday but have read several times flight was to be daily.

Timing is decent arriving Utapao 0830 and departing from there at 1710 so possibilities exist for a day trip but not cheap at over 5,000 return.

Canthai55, I do not have a Thai Drivers license.  I do not intend to get one because the odds are once I escape I will not return for a long time.  The 10,000 Baht one way from CNX to BKK is with a driver who is either vaccinated or is willing to "stay at home" after he returns.  

Assuming you are on Facebook. There is a group;    Thailand travel restriction

It lists current regulations and checkpoints between Chiang Mai and other areas  of Thailand. They have a couple listings for taxis, taxi drivers and companies who do long distance routes. Like Chiang Mai to Suv. Or minibuses, or people wanting to share a taxi. It gives you a good idea of the prices, and posts from people who have traveled these routes recently.

PS - Lists info on other means of transport. The NOK flights, and train - yes there is a train running between CM and Bangkok. 

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

It lists current regulations and checkpoints between Chiang Mai and other areas  of Thailand. They have a couple listings for taxis, taxi drivers and companies who do long distance routes. Like Chiang Mai to Suv. Or minibuses, or people wanting to share a taxi. It gives you a good idea of the prices, and posts from people who have traveled these routes recently.

PS - Lists info on other means of transport. The NOK flights, and train - yes there is a train running between CM and Bangkok. 

If easy for you, could you please provide a link for that Facebook group you referenced.  Thanks.

On 7/25/2021 at 11:52 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Maybe catch an early NOK air flight to Don Muang then taxi to BKK, just a thought.

19 minutes ago, mickmac said:

Maybe catch an early NOK air flight to Don Muang then taxi to BKK, just a thought.

Flight to Utapho. No flights to Bangkok right now. But why stop there? Why not Guam, UK or US, get yourself some mRNA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I registered on the Chiang Mai wall several months ago and have heard absolutely nothing TIT

Myself and my friends also registered on CM Wall the first day CM Wall was available and we've all had our first AZ shots. So I'm guessing  the reason you've heard nothing is that there are no AZ vaccines yet for your local govt hospital.

On 7/25/2021 at 5:03 PM, EricTh said:

Same here. It seems all the vaccines are used up in the Dark Red zones.

Either that or the registration exercise was another failure and we have to register again somewhere.  

Not in this dark red zone (Chonburi) Phuket and Bangkok have filched all our doses. Phuket already on their booster shots! Still impossible to get registered locally despite Bangkok Pattaya being able to jab the French with J&J which is not available in Thailand. Where there is le desire there is le moyen!

4 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

The whole rollout of the vaccine and Chiang Mai sucks I check with Chiang Mai or Ram hospital and they really don’t have any idea when they can get the vaccine TIT

Unless you just woke up the maderno has always been oct. for delivery

On 7/26/2021 at 7:55 AM, Greenwich Boy said:

Considering that Delta is so prevalent and infectious, if you take an extended taxi ride, how do you protect yourself if the driver has Covid? Perhaps you should have a really good mask or two and wear medical goggles to keep Covid from entering through the eyes. Goggles also prevent you from inadvertently touching your eyes, especially after you have handled Thai money.

It might be difficult to make that trip in a taxi with open windows, which would be a way to disperse the virus carried in aerosol.

20 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Is there still a sleeping car on the night train? It would be a way to isolate yourself from Covid carriers.

4 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Myself and my friends also registered on CM Wall the first day CM Wall was available and we've all had our first AZ shots. So I'm guessing  the reason you've heard nothing is that there are no AZ vaccines yet for your local govt hospital.

Are you already scheduled for the second jab?