Elderly expats in Bangkok urged register for COVID-19

webfact

exp.jpg

REUTERS file photo for reference only

Expats in Bangkok and neighbouring provinces aged over 60 are urged to register to receive COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.

The Department of Consular Affairs on Sunday called on expats aged over 60 to quickly register for a jab before vaccine registration is opened to other age groups.

Registration for expats in Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon is done via this form: https://bit.ly/3wZh1xX

The vaccine administered will be the AstraZeneca vaccine with the vaccination taking place at Bangsue Grand Station.

Once registration has been completed, applicants will receive an SMS or email confirming their appointment time. 

Bangsue Grand Station also accepts limited walk-in registration for same-day vaccination for foreigners aged 75 and over between 09:00 - 16:00 daily.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-26

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, grandpa said:

Still can't even pre-register out here in Khon Kaen despite Government promises!

Two farang friends in Pattaya:

- 72 (Dutch passport, in good health, retirement visa) and

- 74 (Canadian passport, general health OK, but uses colostomy bag and has mild dementia, retirement visa).

They tell me they have tried to follow up every lead in various media but haven't yet been able to register or find a walk-in vaccination venue.

Any advice from other farang in Pattaya much appreciated. thanks. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, grandpa said:

Still can't even pre-register out here in Khon Kaen despite Government promises!

Are you 60+ or have one of the seven underying conditions?   If so log in to the intervac sight and surprise surprise you will find that The Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen is now listed for registration with details to follow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Go register? Easier said than done in the lesser provinces.

OK I realise they are firefighting the clusters and epicentre but all this does is highlight how innoculating 70 million people with minmal vaccine stock is an impossible task.

All I want to do is register and wait for someone to tell me when I can get a jab. Been told to my face at many attempts to get my details in the system that it is 'Thai Only'.

I predict soon they will move on to the under 60's and pat themselves on the back for assuming all the old and vulnerable are taken care of.

And this is not all about me as a foreigner. I live in a village whose population is 70% migrant farm workers and all of them, albeit not over 60 in general, have not been allowed to register. Finally all the Thai are registered but so far no one seems to have seen a needle, including the volunteers manning health checks etc.

Last tannoy from the poo yai (also not had a jab) said vaccine 'would not be here for a long time'.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

- 74 (Canadian passport, general health OK, but uses colostomy bag and has mild dementia, retirement visa).

They tell me they have tried to follow up every lead in various media but haven't yet been able to register or find a walk-in vaccination venue.

I’m from Pattaya walk in last Wednesday Bang Sue all you need passport and residency paperwork was AZ vaccine no problems 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Pattaya appears to be insignificant as far as the Chonburi mayor is concerned, I have spoken to many elderly ex-pats in Pattaya and they all have the same story, Phuket is moaning about getting their third jabs yet foreigners here cannot even register, there are other provinces other than Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

What were the queues like. Photos on the web look nightmarish?

Yesterday arrived around 4pm for a 5pm appointment. In my car leaving at 5.15pm including the 30mins post-jab rest.

They seemed to keep their eyes open for Farlangs and was treated well. 

Nurse who injected me was brilliant. Didn't even feel it (saw it being injected in).

Last night I was feeling cold in the night. Today just tired, lethargic and a slight hot feeling in my shoulders, but so far so good.

I registered Wednesday, I didn't receive the email people mention (but saw an example of it on Richard Barrow's twitter), received SMS in Thai (copy it in to Google translate or ask the wife to translate) at 11pm for the next afternoon.

Anutin was walking around for photo ops with the farlangs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Expats in Bangkok and neighbouring provinces aged over 60 are urged to register to receive COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.

The Department of Consular Affairs on Sunday called on expats aged over 60 to quickly register for a jab before vaccine registration is opened to other age groups.

So what does an expat do if he's in the over 60 age category, no underlying issues lives in Nakhon Pathom [deep red zone] and DOES NOT WANT TO TRAVEL TO BANGKOK BANG SU TO GET VACCINATED]

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So what does an expat do if he's in the over 60 age category, no underlying issues lives in Nakhon Pathom [deep red zone] and DOES NOT WANT TO TRAVEL TO BANGKOK BANG SU TO GET VACCINATED]

Guess you have to wait till you can register locally in Nakhon Pathom if you don't want to travel the 60-90 minutes to BKK. Traffic in BKK is REALLY quiet these past few weeks, so it's an easy drive. I don't live BKK but the wife registered me on several websites and I had the chance last week to go to a local hospital I  my province; I chose not to go as it was Sinovac & AZ combination and knew Bangsue is AZ.

Keep an eye on Richard Narrows Twitter account as he seems to be in the know about registering being open.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saltire said:

I live in a village whose population is 70% migrant farm workers and all of them, albeit not over 60 in general, have not been allowed to register.

if they were migrant factory workers working for wealthy Thai corporate interests my guess is that they'd be vaccinated by now - definitely before tramps, the homeless, soi dogs, and farangs.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

They seemed to keep their eyes open for Farlangs and was treated well.

What visa do you have?

Did you think it was an issue and did they check what you had in your passport?

Thanks.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

What visa do you have?

Did you think it was an issue and did they check what you had in your passport?

Thanks.

I don't think they checked my visa, just name in passport, passport number and they asked for my address which I didn't have to prove.

What about the Ex-Pats that do not live in or near Bangkok, surely it would not be too much to ask to engage a hospital in the main cities, Chiang Mai, Choang Rai, KK etc so that the expat community can be serviced. At the moment it looks as if I will have to travel down to Bangkok from Chiang Mai, into a dark red area to get a vacination. So I could end up picking up the virus whilst on my way to get the vaccination for it, Oh the irony!!!

On 7/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, grandpa said:

Try this

Date: 25 July BE 2564 14:50:46 GMT+7

Subject: UNVACCINATED INVITED TO CONNECT WITH BCCT | 25Jul21
Reply-To: The British Club Bangkok <[email protected]>

c84662d8-6128-32e8-e22b-9a98dfac47b0.png

image_pointer_left_white.png

The Club is pleased to notify Members that the BCCT has received approval from the Department of Disease Control (DDC) for 1,200+ AZ vaccines for delivery in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Khon Kaen.

This follows the mail-out to BCCT and Club Members some two weeks ago – since that time, however, many of those signed-up have already been vaccinated which is good news but BCCT now need to urgently augment the list with anyone of any nationality over 60 years of age or those with one of the 7 stated illnesses. Obesity is defined as more than 100 kg in Thailand.  

If you know of anyone in this demographic who needs a vaccine please register on this link: https://members.bccthai.com/connect.   

Best Wishes & Regards,

The British Club Bangkok

Facebook

Instagram

Website

image_pointer_right_white.1.png

189 Suriwongse Road, Bangrak,
Bangkok 10500 Thailand
www.britishclubbangkok.org
Tel.02-234-0247