Phuket Sandbox: Nearly 10,000 tourists so far - US/Brits top list spending 70,000 baht each

webfact

51 minutes ago, southcoast said:

Phuket Sandbox: Nearly 10,000 tourists so far - US/Brits top list spending 70,000 baht each. 

Yeh, 70,000 baht on quarantine!!!!. He "may" be able to run an Army but not a clue how to run a country only how to bring it DOWN.

Run an army 55555555

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ronster said:

So what happened to all the Chinese and well to do investors they expected ? ????

As for 10000 I’m thinking about a third might be actual tourists and rest people with ties to the country that have returned for work or family .

Are Chinese allowed to travel outside China?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, petermik said:

I,m saying BS to this.....

The whole country got an orgasm because of money. Hello, what is this <deleted>? If people use 10, 70 or 200 thousand every week means nothing. Make the place, service and parks good for them, and you will get the people back. Sounds like a bunch of old soi dogs without a brain ????. Stop embarrassing your self!

Is this lack of education or what? So stupid people, And I have travel around the world as a chief mate and Captain. Is it the greed of money make them selling their kids? Stop this, NOW!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

"Meanwhile for the wider picture of how much tourism money will be generated this year, Thanakorn resorted to quoting Tourism Authority of Thailand figures.

He said that by the end of the year they expect tourism to have brought in 850 BILLION baht.

This would be 300 billion from foreign tourists and 550 billion from domestic Thai tourists, he noted. "

Someone can explain to me why one should make such a big story of cash coming from domestic tourism? Is it not that the country needs foreigners to bring in Euros, Dollars or whatever else in hard currency? Domestic tourism : looks to me a bit similar to me giving cash to my wife and then quoting that cash as a revenue. Is that not delusional?

OK, I know, the comparison is not perfect. If I give cash to my wife, the cash will be spent and will definitely not be considered as a revenue!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bad boy 561 said:

Last weeks numbers were 7,640 visitors who spent 200,000,000 baht,that works out to 280,000 per person,what could you possibly spend that amount of money on in Phuket ?

Your calculation is a little bit off. I think you meant 28,000 per person. Which of course is very normal consider the low rates of SHA+ hotels for 14 nights.

• Like 1