Thai Research Indicates Vaccine Cocktail of Sinovac and AstraZeneca Is Very Effective

webfact

The problem with this article is that the article claims this is about the effectiveness of the vaccine. In relation to Covid "effectiveness" has meant how well a vaccine actually prevents transmission of the virus or the occurrence of any symptoms in the real world (Efficacy is about the same thing but in clinical trials). So there's no way effectiveness is being measured here. And I doubt that the Dr. Yong Poovorawan made such a claim. This is probably just a misuse of the term by the reporter.

"According to Gavi, a partnership between the World Health Organisation, UNICEF, the World Bank and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which is co-leading the COVAX program to distribute COVID-19 vaccines in developing nations, "efficacy" refers to the degree to which a vaccine prevents disease in controlled circumstances such as a clinical trial, while effectiveness measures real-world results."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-09/coronacheck-vaccine-efficacy-effectiveness-whats-the-difference/100055578

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

Dr. Yong Poovorawan, said two doses of inactivated virus vaccine help immunity rise to an average level of 100 units. If two doses of the vector vaccine are given 10 weeks apart, the immune system will rise to 900 units. If the vaccines are alternated, inactivated virus followed by the vector virus type at 3-4 weeks intervals, the recipient achieved a high immunity of 700 units.

And the ramstein is connected to the mahexagorgon. 

• Haha 2

Well I'm sure him and his loved ones will be taking a cocktail then?

What's that Doctor Yong? You're all already double jabbed with the best vaccines available months ago? Oh I see, this advice is just for the serfs... Gotcha...

• Like 2

So an average Joe like me who is not a doctor or a scientist could easily

understand(wrongly of course)that the Sinovac vaccine drags down the effectiveness

of the AZ?

One way of looking at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, realfunster said:

I am not one of the ‘lots of people’ you mention, for anything of importance in this country, I will always try to get a 2nd opinion, where possible, an international opinion. There is a reason Thailand is a developing country and it is not because they have world class scientists (or any other professions for that matter) dotted around freely. 

You may have seen the “questionable” VITT (blood clot)/AZ results published the other day.

It is a modern day miracle that Thailand had a strike rate of 1 in 5m vs other countries of between 1 in 125k-1m. So Thailand is in the range of 5x to 40x ‘better’.

So shall we praise the lord…or maybe consider that the balance of probabilities are that it was just an ineptly and incorrectly executed piece of research ?

You're confusing experimentation with gathering of statistics. And what do you actually know about scientific research in Thailand?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So where is this study?  Can he give us a link to the statistical side of the study showing the number of those vaccinated with both the Sinovac and Az vaccine.  Was this done using animals, or in Humans.  Are they following those people and checking on them daily, are they filling out an online form to show basic functions such as fever and symptoms they might have, or following them to see what side effects they may be having after the mixture.  Are the stats he stated from his own views and research in a controlled environment, if so these must just be in the early stages and is his conjecture based upon a Hypothesis. Where has this been peer reviewed.  Trying to see how and where he obtained this information from if they just started mixing the doses and giving them to individuals a little over two weeks ago.  

He'll be along with a facebook post shortly  55555 Thats the only time I've read Thai studies, around 300 words of claims