TAT expects 850 billion baht in tourism revenue after successful reopening

I doubt the net benefit to ordinary people of Phuket be little more than the salaries of the TATty elite with their frequent flying <deleted> finding missions. Suggest all transferred to Ministry of HEalth to help out in hopitals , food , care and hospice duites for thise with long Covid, I'm sure they will see sense in this or the nexxt century when several people are almost certain to arrive..maybe.Perhaps money better invested in training succesful heroin distributors who can elude NSW's finest longer and return more funds into the savings cabinet.

• Like 2

Not sure tourism is the answer.  I think Thailand is truly over reliant on tourism prospects and this article tells it like it is. Very interesting insights from the article.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/26/asian-currencies-thailand-covid-lack-of-tourism-hit-thai-baht.html

So what now since Thailand has had only 34k visitors according to the article up until May of 2021. The 10k Sandbox visitors surely can not be helping either. So where will the expected billions come from.  Pipe dream. 

• Like 2

Ooooh! What magnificently large numbers. Aren't they just lovely and huge with zeroes disappearing into the tropical sunset.

Now then, when are they expecting this 'successful reopening' ? In about 850 billion days ?

• Haha 1