TAT expects 850 billion baht in tourism revenue after successful reopening

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I totally agree with you on this. Imagine we might even get some more nutters saying how good the PM is. and how well he has managed the pandemic. Heavens forbid.

is that the best you can come up with ....  heavens forbid.

• Haha 1

It ought to be really tough on one's conscience working as a news editor for NNT. No matter how dire the actual facts are, they always must put an overly positive, hilariously enthusiastic spin on every article.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

tourists are most satisfied with the shuttle service with the Safety and Health Administration (SHA) Plus certification at Phuket International Airport, followed by overall services offered at Phuket International Airport.

Hmmm... sounds like those were the highlights of the entire trip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

no thanks .......  there's enough nutters loose out there as it is. 

I think you might be getting your mind altering substances confused. Most of the nutters I encounter are wasted on alcohol, certainly not weed.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, charmonman said:

I think you might be getting your mind altering substances confused. Most of the nutters I encounter are wasted on alcohol, certainly not weed.

what is it with drug users ..... do you all think your ok on the drugs and it's right to go that path  and that it's not wrong.     geeeze     ... lol.   

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

what is it with drug users ..... do you all think your ok on the drugs and it's right to go that path  and that it's not wrong.     geeeze     ... lol.   

Thammanat Prompao - a good old pal of the Hero General...

• Haha 1

When the sand boxes and the rest of Thailand get put on a no fly

list, then TAT will have to figure out what else to do.

Maybe they may even have to face reality. I do hope

a lot of people get vaccinated before November.

Geezer

I can only imagine how the morning news briefing at NNT went:

Editor in chief: "Well, things look really bad. The Phuket sandbox is failing and even the TAT chief admitted only yesterday that the country's reopening might have to be adjusted or even postponed under the current circumstances. How are we going to fix that?"

News editor: "Instead of the actual few hundred foreign arrivals in Phuket who encountered nothing but closed shops and restaurants, with some of them even contracting the virus, why don't we claim that more than 10,000 have visited the island since July 1 and that many if not all of them have expressed their intention to return soon?"

Editor in chief: "Excellent idea, go ahead. But what do we do about the closed shops, restaurants and entertainment places?"

News editor: "Well, let's not dwell on that at all but stress how much the tourists enjoyed the excellent shuttle service to their hotels and the excellent facilities at Phuket airport. That way we can elegantly avoid even mentioning that almost all tourist businesses are shuttered up."

Editor in chief: "Perfect. But don't forget to also emphasize the 'warm hospitality and welcoming attitude of the locals'. Oh, and attribute all quotes to some imaginary director at an obscure financial research organization with a snappy name and let 'him' project a gargantuan prospective revenue amount running in the hundreds of billions. Always makes things look more credible..."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I totally agree with you on this. Imagine we might even get some more nutters saying how good the PM is. and how well he has managed the pandemic. Heavens forbid.

Leave steven alone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe I've missed something. The cost of holiday, swabbing etc is 70,000 THB. 

Those monies must go to the airlines, hotels etc.

Then it states, "The average spending is 5,500 baht per person, generating 534.31 million baht in revenue" 

This is based on an average of 11 nights stay!

5,500 THB ÷ 11 is 500 a day, not much of a holiday! 

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

TAT must be using some magic mushrooms or licking the LSD coated postage stamps they are mailing out their tourist plans with.  I understand the need to believe what you have done is truly working and will save Thailand, but living in an alternative universe and hallucinating daily has to be detrimental to how these tourism authority people view things.

Agreed. Where do they get those figures anyway? Pie in the sky!

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure tourism is the answer.  I think Thailand is truly over reliant on tourism prospects and this article tells it like it is. Very interesting insights from the article.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/26/asian-currencies-thailand-covid-lack-of-tourism-hit-thai-baht.html

So what now since Thailand has had only 34k visitors according to the article up until May of 2021. The 10k Sandbox visitors surely can not be helping either. So where will the expected billions come from.  Pipe dream. 

That’s 34k and trending downward. Even if the curve stays flat and we end the year at 70k we’re talking 1/557th of 2019’s number of international tourists. Yet, here they are spouting revenue numbers for international tourism that equals roughly 1/6th of 2019. 

Sorry folks, that’s not gonna fly. 

Those who have now returned to their home countries say they plan to visit the kingdom with their families again.”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It ain’t gonna be this year (probably not next year either).

On 7/27/2021 at 9:04 AM, steven100 said:

drugs are illegal including your ' weed '  ... didn't you know that ?   or you really have no idea do you  ?   lol

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57995285

Your dear leader and his cronies getting left behind the rest of thw world yet again..

But I do believe the the health minister and a few others have control of most of the Cannabis industry in Thailand-didn't you know that? I guess I have more idea than you perhaps?

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:31 AM, steven100 said:

Is he always like this.? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 7:31 PM, steven100 said:

You are making a big assumption there. I am not a drug user, unless you include beer. My statement was that most of the nutters I encounter are drunk, not stoned on 'weed'. Try to keep up.

• Haha 1