Booking for Aussie Repatriation flight

Hi Guys, 

Did anybody has an experience to book flight to Sydney on 8-15 August 2021. I received an email from embassy with the special link to book for the flight, but starting 24.00 hrs Monday morning till 01.00 Monday morning and continue from 06.00 to 10.00 am on Monday ( today ) couldn't succeed.. I contacted Embassy and got an email that it is all booked out 25 seats for each flight. I was guessing that NOT to create a chaos ; embassy will send that link to only 50 people (for 2 days) in total, and they book themselves via Thai air web site. Finally I didn't understand why they did choose me + sent me the link and I couldn't book.  Anybody out there has the experience today, if yes what time they tried please advise me,  cheers

Not right on topic.

If you want to get back try Singapore Airlines. Book a seat, get your Covid test, catch the plane Bangkok Singapore then change for Singapore Australia. Do 2 weeks hotel quarinteen then you're sweet. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Mine was about  Aus $1000. But not a repatriation flight. 

Beats the hell out of what some have had to pay from UK to on non repat f;ights

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Sad 1

I managed to get 2 guys back on Thai through the Australian  Embassy months ago to Sydney.

All above board 24,000 bht.

Need to have quarantine hotel booked & the 2 swab tests at that end.

Normal test here within 72 hours of flight departure

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

i think the restrictions have tightened up recently.

The cut in quarantine caps is killing people (financially). Airlines have been bumping cattle class and flying first/business class passengers.

On 7/27/2021 at 8:09 AM, carlyai said:

Not right on topic.

If you want to get back try Singapore Airlines. Book a seat, get your Covid test, catch the plane Bangkok Singapore then change for Singapore Australia. Do 2 weeks hotel quarinteen then you're sweet. 

And get a 'permission to enter Australia' approval. 

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

The cut in quarantine caps is killing people (financially). Airlines have been bumping cattle class and flying first/business class passengers.

But some folks are going into quarantine in the Howard Springs facility in NT. 

3 hours ago, moose7117 said:

I called Singapore air yesterday and the next available ticket from Bangkok to Perth is in November....84000 baht.

i think the restrictions have tightened up recently.

Try Bangkok to Melbourne or Brisbane or Adelaide. 

When you get to Singapore they split the flights to Aus cities.

19 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Not if you are an Australian.

Please open this link:

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/coming-australia

Australia Travel Declaration

Before you travel to Australia, you should complete the Australia Travel Declaration at least 72 hours before your departure.

Travellers who should complete an Australia Travel Declaration:

Travellers who do not need to complete an Australia Travel Declaration:

• flight crew
  • foreign diplomats
  • people travelling on military flights
  • people arriving by sea (both crew and passengers).

The Australia Travel Declaration collects your contact details in Australia, flight details, vaccination information, quarantine requirements and your health status.

This information helps the Australian Government determine your quarantine arrangements (if required) and also allows the relevant health departments to contact you if someone you travelled with tests positive for COVID-19. If you do not complete the declaration you may not be able to board your flight, or you may experience delays when you arrive in Australia.

Before you come to Australia, you may also need:

36 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Please open this link:

Before you travel to Australia, you should complete the Australia Travel Declaration at least 72 hours before your departure.

• flight crew
  • foreign diplomats

The Australia Travel Declaration collects your contact details in Australia, flight details, vaccination information, quarantine requirements and your health status.

This information helps the Australian Government determine your quarantine arrangements (if required) and also allows the relevant health departments to contact you if someone you travelled with tests positive for COVID-19. If you do not complete the declaration you may not be able to board your flight, or you may experience delays when you arrive in Australia.

Also:  https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-international-travellers#apply-for-a-quarantine-exemption

For application for exemption from 14 days quarantine on arrival by air. There's been some comment by journalists about allowing a few more Australians to do 14 days quarantine at home, but haven't seen anything official.

I'm aware of one disabled guy who applied and got it. He had to prove that he had stand alone accommodation that he could handle alone and prove that his accommodation wasn't inside of a venue like a nursing home with lots of people present, he had to wear an ankle bracelet and a local medical worker visited him every 2nd day in full PPE, to check he was OK. Also during her visits she rang a nearby IGA supermarket and ordered his groceries/fresh food which was delivered same day by IGA staff in full PPE, total no contact, paid by CC or DC, cash not allowed. 

46 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Please open this link:

It's not a travel exemption though which I believe carlyai was referring to due to your use of the term 'permission to enter Australia'.

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

Please open this link:

• flight crew
  • foreign diplomats

Yep you have to fill in this form, but it isn't a permission to enter australia....anyway it doesn't matter, you are correct that this form has to be filled in.  ????