Study shows AZ+mRNA vaccination regimen is as good as two doses of mRNA

25 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Has it gone through the process of approval such a peer review?

Nature Medicine is a peer reviewed journal. 

45 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr. Manop cited the immunogenicity study, published in the Nature Medicine journal

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nature Medicine is a peer reviewed journal. 

Mot being a medical researcher I have no idea what is correctly peer reviewed and rigorously challenged. Happy to have such an expert here on what ever this un-peer reviewed site is (formally known as Thai-Visa)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

So what is the differential  between two doses of  AZ and two doses of mRNA  vaccine in demonstrated  overall efficacy ?

Which vaccine is more accessible currently?

Which vaccine/s are  being marketed  at profit versus production cost?

Which vaccine/s have been contractually ordered, supplied , paid for, stockpiled  and pending use-by redundancy ?

Is there a battle ongoing  using human lives to establish superior market share ? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Mot being a medical researcher I have no idea what is correctly peer reviewed and rigorously challenged. Happy to have such an expert here on what ever this un-peer reviewed site is (formally known as Thai-Visa)

You are the one who raised the subject of peer reviewing. 

Google Nature Review and find out it’s credentials for yourself, it’s not difficult. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Peer review doesn't mean anything if most of the peers are from the same group. To be meaningful , it has to be international from a lot of countries and not just the western countries supporting Pfizer.

I am learning....

And when do we get to know stuff like, oh I don’t know, if the vaccines will have severe health impacts down the line? Oh we can’t talk about that, right? Because nobody can disprove it yet so it’s not true, wait. 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

"Combined, these studies show improved immunogenicity outcomes with heterologous dosing and suggest possible superiority of this strategy over homologous prime–boost regimens for cellular responses and neutralization of variants"

Note the word superiority - not "as good as".

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01463-x

A number of countries have gone for this combination of vaccines. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Unfortunately for those wishing to travel by air, I don’t think many of these mixed vaccine regimens are widely accepted or at all

At this point yes.  They may change their minds or not.  

Frankly nobody is really travelling right now anyways.  Think about your health first and make your decision accordingly.  

I should write though that there is a small number going to Thailand on a vacation that are travelling right now.  I wouldn't go there right now if everything was for free.  

• Like 1

No studies like this, yet, but a number of researchers and Doctors have recommended following the JJ vaccination with a booster of mRNA vaccine. 

Advantage there is the JJ vaccine is accepted for travel, so you will not get caught out if doubling up.

Seems like they're grasping at straws, a study in Thailand or anywhere which shows that any potential cocktail works.

Sinovac 2x, Sinovac 2x+AZ, Sinovac 2x +mRNA, Sinivac + AZ, AZ 1x, AZ 2x, AZ 2x at 4/6/8/10/12/16/30 months, AZ+mRNA, AZ 2x +mRNA all have been put forth by "leading experts" here so far.

But of course there are no mRNA vaccines here yet. Yes, thanks to the U.S.A. 1.5 mm Pfizer will arrive tomorrow.

All this talk by experts is useless, except for confusing the public.

Trying to make up for past mistakes - choosing the wrong vaccines, and/or not being able to get enough - by making more mistakes is, well, loony.

Get the vaccines, administer them in dosages proven to date to work at, and for which they've been (emergency) authorized.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tonray said:

Add in a redhead and I'll be able to swill Bangkok khlong water without any side effects

You meant that you will be able to turn it into wine now didn't you.

The mixing of the Adenovirus vaccines and MRNA vaccines has been an item that has been looked at by many in the scientific community.  I liken it to mixing Codeine with Ibuprofen to create a medicine, or in this case a vaccine that works better and increases the efficacy.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1