Two foreign tourists test positive for Covid-19 on Koh Samui - first cases under reopening plan

webfact

3 hours ago, smedly said:

lacking in details as usual - did they come from Phucket or another location in Thailand 

Samui+, so international arrivals via transit in Bangkok, commuters from Phuket will still have to spend two weeks there, to my knowledge the change to one week only begins on August 1st.

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Don't know how true it is, but someone told me this morning that twenty people have tested positive for COVID. Mentioned Black Club.

Black Club burned several months ago, 2nd December last year.

Edit: Another posts says "Black Bamboo", which is an partly open air pub, not the former club.

Edited by khunPer

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Looks like it's true.

image.png.1f0e701ff192515f2c764b19a52801fd.png

Has the rules changed since a few days ago, the last I'se seen is...

Surat Thani Provincial Order, Vol. 51, dated 24th June 2564...

• Remove the ban of gatherings of 2 or more people. 
  • Remove the recommendation not to leave the house between 23.00-04.00 (11 pm to 3 am), i.e. live a normal life.
  • Restaurants can serve alcoholic beverages, but not later than 23.00 (11 pm).
  • Malls and convenience stores can be opened as normal.
  • You are allowed to organize social activities (private party, temple ceremony, housewarming, wedding, funeral, merit making, etc.) for up to 200 people (earlier it was no more than 50 people).
  • Pubs, bars, karaoke have to stay closed.

So guests in the pub Blank Bamboo from 16th till 23rd July between 10:30 pm and 1:30 am indicates to me that someone has moved beyond what the governor of Surat Thani has announced...????

Black Bamboo is a pub normally frequented by numerous Westerners that mingles with locals.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Black Club burned several months ago, 2nd December last year.

Edit: Another posts says "Black Bamboo", which is an partly open air pub, not the former club.

Someone has been travelling around quite a bit. It mentions a girl that worked in a gym and partied every night at Black and a place callled Speedy Lounge in Lamai.

Edited by phetphet
added info.

3 minutes ago, khunPer said:

It says "Black Bamboo"...????

Not being picky KhunPer. See screenshot below. It says Black Club Samui.

Inside club or outside bar, it's all Black Club to me. If people are partying in close contact, probably for several hours, it is risky.

1780947199_Screenshot2021-07-28at13_30_40.png.db304178105f57cb912ac8442949477a.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Not being picky KhunPer. See screenshot below. It says Black Club Samui.

Inside club or outside bar, it's all Black Club to me. If people are partying in close contact, probably for several hours, it is risky.

1780947199_Screenshot2021-07-28at13_30_40.png.db304178105f57cb912ac8442949477a.png

If you quote the full post instead, and also read to the Bottom of the missin quote, it clearly says "Black Bamboo", Black Club still burned in December last year...????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Two tourists from Germany and the UK have become the first foreign nationals to test positive under the Samui Plus Model reopening of Koh Samui.

The German man aged 37 and the UK national aged 44 arrived on Sunday and this was their first test, reported Thai Rath.

Koh Samui Hospital's Covid authorities also reported two positive test results from Thai nationals.

Did they expect a different outcome to Phuket?

Som nam na... 

So two people arrived on a plane and both were positive ?

If that was the total arriving via samui plus from Bkk transit then the scheme is a roaring success with 2 people incoming ! ????

Also if they were the only passengers on this plane and both tested positive then what happens to the flight crew and plane interior ? Are the crew put in quarantine until test results arrive ? Is the plane given a quick wipe or fully cleaned and fumigated etc ?

• Confused 1

are those people sick? if not, what ct value the local pcr-tests use? is that ct value the same as in their land of origin? questions that should be asked everywhere and the answers should be posted in the media together with what is posted now!

Edited by rozand2021
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Happy holidays... I don't understand why people need to come here on holiday now. But perhaps they were no tourists. I have no other explanation that makes sense to me. 

more likely people from Bangkok trying to escape the city in lockdown,

check instagram for clue ????

but getting COVID in Kho Samui is a risky business, how many ICU beds do they have there? 3 or 4? then you are really f*cked!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Has the rules changed since a few days ago, the last I'se seen is...

Surat Thani Provincial Order, Vol. 51, dated 24th June 2564...

• Remove the ban of gatherings of 2 or more people. 
  • Remove the recommendation not to leave the house between 23.00-04.00 (11 pm to 3 am), i.e. live a normal life.
  • Restaurants can serve alcoholic beverages, but not later than 23.00 (11 pm).
  • Malls and convenience stores can be opened as normal.
  • You are allowed to organize social activities (private party, temple ceremony, housewarming, wedding, funeral, merit making, etc.) for up to 200 people (earlier it was no more than 50 people).
  • Pubs, bars, karaoke have to stay closed.

So guests in the pub Blank Bamboo from 16th till 23rd July between 10:30 pm and 1:30 am indicates to me that someone has moved beyond what the governor of Surat Thani has announced...????

Black Bamboo is a pub normally frequented by numerous Westerners that mingles with locals.

They communicated on facebook as Black Bamboo Restaurant and said that they did the social responsible thing and would now close for 14 days. I let everybody judge on their own how social responsible it is to open a night club while provincial law says you can't .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

They communicated on facebook as Black Bamboo Restaurant and said that they did the social responsible thing and would now close for 14 days. I let everybody judge on their own how social responsible it is to open a night club while provincial law says you can't .

I know of another former night venue that reopened as restaurant serving food (they also served food before), no live music, and close at 11 pm.

7 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

but getting COVID in Kho Samui is a risky business, how many ICU beds do they have there? 3 or 4? then you are really f*cked!!

Quite a lot, four international hospitals, plus the government hospital with a number of ICU-beds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I know of another former night venue that reopened as restaurant serving food (they also served food before), no live music, and close at 11 pm.

The people who followed the rules will get shafted. Despite the huge embarrassment of this incident and the huge negative impact on Samui plus I doubt there will be any consequences. Easier to hunt down small bars that opened for small groups of people than to rattle the big tree...

• Like 1