Two foreign tourists test positive for Covid-19 on Koh Samui - first cases under reopening plan

webfact

Now the Tourism and Sports minister has reduced the Phuket sandbox from 14 days to 7 days in order to allow tourists to spend the following seven days on "Sealed Routes" in five other provinces..  If I remember correctly some of the tourists tested positive after the 7th day, but then I may be wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/130075662049/posts/10158167748622050/

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robs5ct said:

Since December 26th last year, where this photo below is from after the fire earlier that month, the venue has been called Black Bamboo, it's the small semi-outdoor pub at the right - the quoted images in the article are from the former Black Club, not the pub in question...????

wIMG20201226214827_Black-Bamboo.jpg.f9a836869913dd01acbac5fc54ef4900.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dennnis said:

What is the point of testing vaccinated people? Doing this you can prolong pandemic indefinitely. So prepare yourself for locdowns for the next fifty years. 

Just stop testing then for everyone, fair enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ronster said:

So two people arrived on a plane and both were positive ?

If that was the total arriving via samui plus from Bkk transit then the scheme is a roaring success with 2 people incoming ! ????

Also if they were the only passengers on this plane and both tested positive then what happens to the flight crew and plane interior ? Are the crew put in quarantine until test results arrive ? Is the plane given a quick wipe or fully cleaned and fumigated etc ?

From some Phuket examples, the officials did NOT contact the entire flight crew or attendants or passengers.  They only targeted passengers that sat next to or within a few seats of the alleged infected people

• Like 2

23 hours ago, huberthammer said:

They communicated on facebook as Black Bamboo Restaurant and said that they did the social responsible thing and would now close for 14 days. I let everybody judge on their own how social responsible it is to open a night club while provincial law says you can't .

I wonder what makes them think they will still be able to open in 14 days. This has the potential to lock down the whole island again. 

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I wonder what makes them think they will still be able to open in 14 days. This has the potential to lock down the whole island again. 

I guess if you are used to get away with things you look forward with optimism. However, given the damage to the image of Samui and the vested interests of the province and the nation in this project they might have miscalculated this time.

On 7/27/2021 at 11:17 PM, phetphet said:

Don't know how true it is, but someone told me this morning that twenty people have tested positive for COVID. Mentioned Black Club.

How is that relevant to tourists and the sandbox plan? Those were local infections and bound to happen.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hioctane said:

How is that relevant to tourists and the sandbox plan? Those were local infections and bound to happen.

Because it was posted under the Koh Samui forum, and we live here. Any increase in Covid infections, tourist or otherwise concern us as it affects our lives with lockdowns and restrictions on where we can go and what we can do.