Restaurant owner puts luxury cars up for sale in bid to save once popular Suphanburi restaurant

webfact

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"accept the resulting death toll"

I accept it even if it's me or my parents ! this world has to understand that if people didn't want to die they should not be born and parents stop having kids. The great reset is a good thing !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sucit said:

I would wager they lose the business. What smart business person keeps liquid assets in cars lol

+1

Business doing OK....right lets rush out buy a Merc, BMW on tick show everyone.....Business hits a down turn........"Oh"

Because I bet you London to a brick she didn't pay cash for them both.....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

+1

Business doing OK....right lets rush out buy a Merc, BMW on tick show everyone.....Business hits a down turn........"Oh"

Because I bet you London to a brick she didn't pay cash for them both.....

All the finance companies and banks are checking if they got these on there books, and maybe a Falang will be surprised that they are both in for repair when he visits next.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

This is not true. The number of cases have fallen sharply over the last seven days. 

Thankfully politicians have realized that masks and lockdowns don’t work and we will have to learn to live with this particularly nasty seasonal virus.

Garbage - cases in U.K. are rising - a simple internet search will educate you 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think many on here do not seem to understand what this is doing to the elderly expat community - and by that I mean anyone over 55 on retirement visas/extensions.

If average life expectancy is say 85, it means about 3.3% of all expats in that bracket living in Thailand will die each year. I doubt many expats as before are coming to live in Thailand during this pandemic, some but not the same amount. If the expat community loses 3% a year, by end of next year, the expat community will be down near 10%, near 16% ish if still closed in 2 more. It will take decades to replace the loss of these people.

Many expats keep businesses afloat. I think Thailand should open immediately for all those over 55 who have been vaccinated.

The argument will always be 'if we do not open now, then when' !

How on earth in any country can it be economically bad that old people die sooner rather than later ? 

it’s a blunt uncomfortable truth that old people cost! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

Allow me to worry about those Thais who don't have luxury cars they can sell. This restaurant owner will most likely get through this pandemic in relative comfort and can rebuild her business.

So what they should be criticised for making an effort ? 

would you do the same or scarper with your proceeds ? 

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

So, either the place was overcharging in the past; the cars were on finance or .... she just pulled an excellent PR stint ???? 

Wow such <deleted> in such few words 

so you expect every successful person to be on a pushbike correct ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BestB said:

The laughing emojies and some of the comments, absolutely pathetic beyond words.

Here is a hard working person, who worked all life, built successful business, made enough money to buy nice cars and now selling it all just to stay afloat, but some idiots find it amusing. PATHETIC

She is one of very many who lost everything or on the way to lose it all and will have to start from 0 again, only at the age of 50 it is not as easy as it was at 20.

It is so sad and discouraging to see, but apparently some pathetic beings find it funny and amusing

Spot on but you are forgetting the modus operandi on here is to hate everything Thai 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 10:17 PM, Bruntoid said:

It would help if you could read what I wrote - everything else is ......... 

• Sad 1

On 7/28/2021 at 5:47 PM, Sydebolle said:

So, either the place was overcharging in the past; the cars were on finance or .... she just pulled an excellent PR stint ???? 

Why do you claim that she had been "overcharging"?   Should restauranteurs only be allowed to charge as much as doesn't quite allow the owners and investors to buy nice things?   If you were ever paid a salary where you careful to not get into the bracket that enabled you to buy nice things or are you just being a hypocrite?

What's the relevance of the cars "being on finance", what's that got to do with anything?

On 7/28/2021 at 8:52 PM, BestB said:

The laughing emojies and some of the comments, absolutely pathetic beyond words.

Here is a hard working person, who worked all life, built successful business, made enough money to buy nice cars and now selling it all just to stay afloat, but some idiots find it amusing. PATHETIC

She is one of very many who lost everything or on the way to lose it all and will have to start from 0 again, only at the age of 50 it is not as easy as it was at 20.

It is so sad and discouraging to see, but apparently some pathetic beings find it funny and amusing

That's what envy does to those posters!

47 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:
On 7/28/2021 at 10:17 PM, Bruntoid said:

It would help if you could read what I wrote - everything else is ......... 

He did, and he's right.

39 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Rather depends on he state of the business and whether it helps it survive, if it's the latter, it's a brilliant idea.

All restaurant business in Thailand is dead.

The little mom and pop places with no overheads will survive.

The places (like this ladies) with high overheads will drain the current owners dry.

In 3-5 years when open/closed nonsense is all over, is the time to start restaurants.

Different if you own the premises outright, sack all the staff, lock the doors and wait a few years. 

Edited by BritManToo