Heads up 90 day bank check Jomtien.

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Does the money not have to be in your bank for 3 months/90 days after you do your extension, nothing to do with 90 days being in Thailand report.

Correct.  It means an extra journey to Immigration in the absence of a working on-line app.  A cleverer person than me would try to synchronise the 90 day report with the 'Retirement extension.'

12 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Correct.  It means an extra journey to Immigration in the absence of a working on-line app.  A cleverer person than me would try to synchronise the 90 day report with the 'Retirement extension.'

Which would theoretically mean entering Thailand a week before your Extension is due, no?

52 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Which would theoretically mean entering Thailand a week before your Extension is due, no?

Your 90 day resets when you re-enter the country so no report is due until 90 days after reentry..

Most people leave here from time to time travel outside the country so it seems it would be difficult to synchronize the 90 day and extension.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Your 90 day resets when you re-enter the country so no report is due until 90 days after reentry..

Most people leave here from time to time travel outside the country so it seems it would be difficult to synchronize the 90 day and extension.  

That's what I meant if one tries/wants to co-ordinate 90 day report and Extension. It's very difficult.

I did my 90 day report on the same day as my extension, just happened to coincide, first time in 11 years, so I should be able to show my 800K being in the bank on the same day as my next 90 day report.

Edited by giddyup

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This statement is almost correct, but wrong in the fine details.

The 90 days starts the day you enter Thailand, or the date of your last 90 day report, and ends on the day you report, meaning that there are 89 days in between the reporting dates. 

There is a grace period of 15 days before or 7 days after the report date for you to file your 90 day report.  Presumably the 15 days or 7 days after before includes the day you report and the day the report was due, this 14 days before and 6 days after.  Weekends and government holidays allow for reporting the day after without penelty.

Edited by HarrySeaman

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Always worked for me as I left Thailand for Christmas / New Year and returned early January, a week before my extension was due.

But all got messed up with Covid and I forgot one 90 day report so fined.

I guess Immigration don't have as much income as they used to so are looking at every means to get money.

I'm pretty certain there would be NO FINE for reporting late for the bank check. 

In other words, it you were required to show your bank balance three months after your extension and you showed up after five months, all they would care about is whether your bank balance was in compliance after three months (which can be determined from your bank book). 

I haven't tested this myself though. 

49 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

This statement is almost correct, but wrong in the fine details.

The 90 days starts the day you enter Thailand, or the date of your last 90 day report, and ends on the day you report, meaning that there are 89 days in between the reporting dates. 

There is a grace period of 15 days before or 7 days after the report date for you to file your 90 day report.  Presumably the 15 days or 7 days after before includes the day you report and the day the report was due, this 14 days before and 6 days after.  Weekends and government holidays allow for reporting the day after without penelty.

"Weekends and government holidays allow for reporting the day after without penelty."

Not true in my experience with regard to the 7 day grace period.  In other words, you will be fined if you report after the 7th day of the grace period regardless of whether that day is a weekend or a government holiday.

9 hours ago, frantick said:

For the 800k check, did they just look at your bank book, or did you have to make copies? My first one is coming up on the 18th.

They will want a copy to keep for their records. Just the first page and the updated page of it.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no fine for is since it not a official requirement.

No fine can be charged unless it is one shown in the penalty section of the immigration act.

I prepared the papers (to show my 800K bank balance) meticulously according to the instructions on the paper.  I presented them proudly at counter 8.  The girl glanced briefly at them, gave me a thumbs up & returned the papers.  Further proof of Thailand's unnecessary bureaucracy.

To the posters above advising me on entering Thailand, please note I have lived here full time for sixteen years. My only absences have been for two week holidays (usually to see family in UK - pre-Covid).

9 hours ago, frantick said:

For the 800k check, did they just look at your bank book, or did you have to make copies? My first one is coming up on the 18th.

I guess you got a piece of paper with the date on it when you have to report. Normally there is described what you need. And don't forget to bring them this paper too. 

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They don't have this requirement at Chiang Mai Immigration, looks

like a trap for those that forget and get fined 2 K THB,

regards Worgeordie

Nor at Phitsanulok.

4 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I guess you got a piece of paper with the date on it when you have to report. Normally there is described what you need. And don't forget to bring them this paper too. 

It does state, but it's ambiguous. Something like show your bankbook and then later mentioning copies, so I will make copies, thanks.

On 7/31/2021 at 7:47 AM, Mickeymaus said:

The list says bring: 'the form itself; copy of pp page 1 + last visa; copy 1st page of bank book + last page.'

12 minutes ago, mikebell said:

The list says bring: 'the form itself; copy of pp page 1 + last visa; copy 1st page of bank book + last page.'

That's what I took last month.  I was going to wait until my next annual extension, but with the App not working had to do my 90 day in person...delayed the bank check till that time as the 90 day is the one that has time window.

PH