Fake News: Case filed with tech police charging health minister Anutin over alleged false vax statements

webfact

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Bravo, but unfortunately he has immunity from prosecution as well as the rest of the cabinet from action they said or made while in office I do believe. Maybe I am wrong though.....hmmm, let's see if it makes him wiggle.

MPs have immunity from prosecution during the parliamentary session and for anything they say in parliament.  I am not sure if ministers have blanket immunity,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Bravo, but unfortunately he has immunity from prosecution as well as the rest of the cabinet from action they said or made while in office I do believe. Maybe I am wrong though.....hmmm, let's see if it makes him wiggle.

There is a change coming , whose head will roll is yet to be seen . Big change is on the way

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

In a way understandable, i.e. accuse health minister Anutin for alleged false vax statements.

As has been mentioned Anutin may claim defamation. 

Have a look at Thai Criminal Code Section 326.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

he should be made accountable for his action,a tall draw in lala land but.....nothing to stop people filing abroad especially all the racist stuff.a racist low life should not be allowed to travel to the countries whose inhabitants hes insulted yes that means embassies again,show the world you do exist and do as u say.just once,dont support this neo fascist illegal regime,the brits just gave a llarge no of vaccs to a place that has pushed foreigners to the back of the line for vaccs whilst at the same ytime thais in europe uk and usa can get jabbed with no problem,are most welcome,sort it out

It is very much to the credit of the UK (and the US) that they are giving vaccines to Thailand. They are meant for the Thai people, and that is a good thing to do.

That the Thai government may abuse the gift, and that there is no apparent attempt to insist on foreigners (Britons) being fairly included is another matter entirely.

As for accountability, this should be in the hands of the electorate, an opinion and decision enforced through the ballot box. Unfortunately this government believes it has all that sort of thing comfortably sewn up.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He also slammed the minister for making a statement about the overcrowding situation at the Bang Sue railway vax center station about a picture being taken from a certain angle making it look worse than it was.

This was unbecoming of a man in his position, he said.

Triple ouchhh !

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, realfunster said:

That's fine. If Anutin does that then you can also file a claim under 326 that he has defamed you by filing a defamation claim.:giggle:

What a load of old nonsense some of these Thai laws are....

At least the truth and public interest is a defence in defamation cases.  A journalist won a case against Thaksin using that defence as she was able the proved the allegations she had made about his cheating over excise duty to benefit his company. 

• Like 1

A brave man...hope he gets a lot of support. However, probably won't result in much in the way justice because they'll think 'who is next?' Wrist watches from the grave, TAT perhaps and of course...

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Water off a Ducks Back to this arrogant Man.

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Oh, no he didn't.

They are untouchable whilst in office, same for the UK parliament and majority in the world I believe, the usual defence is they were badly advised or as it is better known passing the buck. 

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

That's fine. If Anutin does that then you can also file a claim under 326 that he has defamed you by filing a defamation claim.:giggle:

What a load of old nonsense some of these Thai laws are....

Your point 2 seems to be generally suspected.

Point 1, unless you know something that the Thai legal profession does not I don't think this would fly. ????

Parliamentary immunity will save his backside but the kiddie is toast - one down, get the pallbearers ready.  He has his Suvannaphoum airport extension for his Sino-Thai Engineering signed and 50+ billions are flowing his (company's) way ....... 

Who is next (plenty to chose from though)? 

• Like 1