Thai PM attempts to assure public - "I don't want to see anyone die at home"- more vax on way

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

There will be all kinds of vaccine to choose from.

Where have we heard the exact same thing before?

Oh, May 25rd in the News section of this forum:
"Plenty of vaccine of any brand for everyone – even third dose, says Anutin"

And what has the last two months brought the Thai people (let's not even talk about the expat farangs at the end of the line and who are considered non-entities)?  Shortages, registration cancellations, vaccination cancellations, placing commercial interests before the interests of 'at risk' community.  The list goes on.  Why bother.

What will be done?  In another few months the people who created this mess will be giving each other medals.   

• Like 2

why are the journalists not asking which vaccines?? Sinovac batch 1, Sinovac batch 2 Sinovac batch 3, Second jab Astra Zeneca1  Astrazeneca 2 Astra zeneca 3?? and the other vaccines are..........????? Pfizer donated by the US for medical staff.....and.......???? what else..

• Like 2

If anyone is following the news, details of the Phizer contract have leaked out and the terms are outrageous. I'm not surprised the Thai government is reluctant to sign up. 

I thnk commenters here should give the government a bit more credit. It isn't about brown envelopes after all.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Thai pm says, look, over there....

PM Prayut downplays severity of Thailand's COVID-19 situation, claims other countries have it worse

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Thursday (Jul 29) downplayed the COVID-19 situation Thailand, while claiming that other nations are dealing with higher caseloads.

In a special interview held at the Government House, he said: “If we contemplate the transmission in our country, it may seem shocking, given the daily fatalities. I want you to try paying attention to these numbers in our neighbouring countries and others for a change.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-prayut-interview-shocking-transmission-15336466

4 hours ago, webfact said:

People needed to go to the right places and seek help.

In which universe might these "right places" be located, perchance?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 2