Thai PM attempts to assure public - "I don't want to see anyone die at home"- more vax on way

webfact

Up here in our village in Khon Kaen province, they are starting vaccine distribution. Got my first shot yesterday. It was Sinovac. hey said the next one in three weeks will be Astra Zenica. Then a Pfizer shot when available. 

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Actions speak louder than words...

TIme to "Walk the Walk", not just keep talking the talk".  I think both Thai and non-thai here in the Kingdom are sick and tired of all the political rhetoric, and empty promises.

Hopefully as we go into August, a workable nationwide vaccination registration scheme and rollout will finally become a reality, not just around Bangkok, but Kingdom wide. 

The wellbeing of everybody demands that it happens now, not on some vague "undisclosed future date" which is how the CCSA usually refers to such plans.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

In which universe might these "right places" be located, perchance?

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-prayut-interview-shocking-transmission-15336466

The General's words:

“If everyone just waits at home, it can sometimes be too late. You should go to a pre-admission centre or at least contact field hospitals. There are many of them now,” Gen Prayut said during the interview.

“District offices are fine too. Sometimes, making calls only doesn’t work because the lines are busy – inaccessible. So, a relative or someone should notify so that a team can be dispatched to provide care.”

He added: “Everyone has to help each other. At least, notify fast. If nobody comes, notify military units, notify police stations – something like this – and they’ll be there.”

If anyone in my Family starts to develop serious "Covid-Like"-Symptoms, I'm going to drive them immediately to my nearest Army-Base, and ask for medical-help there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

And to think I have tried twice now to receive Astra Zucchini and both times refused by government peoples !!

Once by the hospital and the other by people running the BOI Vaccine scheme.

Yummy ! Love Zucchini ! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Would love to, but you need to provide a bit more detail. At least give us a couple of google search terms.

I'm not seeing anything. Yes, a contract was said to have been signed on 20 July. https://www.thaipbsworld.com/contract-signed-for-thailands-20-million-doses-of-pfizer-vaccine-delivery-in-q4-this-year/

The contract was with Albania. Google "pfizer contract albania" look for the article by Opindia.com.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well when you send them home with medicine after testing positive, and as they get sicker and try to find a bed to be put into for treatment, many times unsuccessfully, they do die at home Mr. PM.  Saying the vaccines willarrive in August and:

Well said, I have a friend who is struggling at home after testing positive.

A handful of medicine and take care of yourself at home, no beds available at the moment.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, andersonat said:

If anyone in my Family starts to develop serious "Covid-Like"-Symptoms, I'm going to drive them immediately to my nearest Army-Base, and ask for medical-help there.

That is what the Good PM said, his words exactly

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RayD said:

The contract was with Albania. Google "pfizer contract albania" look for the article by Opindia.com.

Thanks.

Although I'm struggling to understand the relevance for Thailand? 

Secrecy? Indemnification? Price? Late to the party you take what you can get.

Pertaining to the 20 mm order? $12/ea, $240 mm, ~ 8 b baht.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

He actually believe this now doesn't he:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-prayut-interview-shocking-transmission-15336466

His words:

“If everyone just waits at home, it can sometimes be too late. You should go to a pre-admission centre or at least contact field hospitals. There are many of them now,” Gen Prayut said during the interview.

“District offices are fine too. Sometimes, making calls only doesn’t work because the lines are busy – inaccessible. So, a relative or someone should notify so that a team can be dispatched to provide care.”

He added: “Everyone has to help each other. At least, notify fast. If nobody comes, notify military units, notify police stations – something like this – and they’ll be there.”

Worthless comments from a man completely out of his depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kickstand said:

Then a Pfizer shot when available. 

Hopefully you will get the Az, but don't hold your breath (or anything else) for a free Pfizer.

I'm supposed to get Az dose 2 in September (still on a 16 week schedule) I'm not totally confident that it will actually materialise (or not get swapped out for Sinovac). I really hope to be proven wrong.

All kinds of vaccines and plenty of them.

Sounds promising but I wonder what the ratio are between those vaccines used in Thailand.

They need some with good protection against Delta , and even if they by some miracle get enough vaccines for all those needing them within a month,

it's important to remember that the first shots are not that effective against the delta version.

Even the mRNA vaccines struggle with that, so it will take some time before all had their second shots.

It all comes down to how fast they vaccinate the age group 60 + plus what sorts of lockdown, isolation, track and trace they do.

Plus i hope for Thailands sake, that they don't have as many anti vaxxers as certain European countries.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Thanks.

Although I'm struggling to understand the relevance for Thailand? 

Secrecy? Indemnification? Price? Late to the party you take what you can get.

Pertaining to the 20 mm order? $12/ea, $240 mm, ~ 8 b baht.

My point was I can the Thai government being reluctant to agree to those conditions. Albania was sufficiently hacked off to leak it in defiance of the confidentiality clauses.

"He said that he didn't want to see anyone forced to die at home"

But it's not a problem to die in the streets of the capital city.

Perhaps speak to the guardian's of the two young girls who watched their mother die in the street because they didn't have a home for the poor woman to die in!

As for having all the vaccine you want in August does this moron realise August is two days away?

An absolute low life lying scum <deleted>

On 7/30/2021 at 4:16 AM, webfact said:

He said that he didn't want to see anyone forced to die at home.

Tell that to the children of the woman who presented with Covid symptoms and was sent home to die as recently reported on this Forum