PM says ‘sorry’ over COVID losses, hints at semi-lockdown extension in ‘Dark Red’ zone

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Dear PM.

Just resign like any decent politician who screwed up big-time would.

Take the money you have and run! :whistling:

Which country is doing it right? It's still an experiment everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

Dear PM.

Just resign like any decent politician who screwed up big-time would.

Take the money you have and run! :whistling:

Be careful what you wish for.  Anutin is DPM who would automatically replace him...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

This is something we need to do together, because we are Thais,” Mr. Prayut said.

Nothing like a bit of nationalism when all else fails.

This really only leaves religion to fall back on. Maybe hold up a bible out the front of a church, or the Buddhist equivalent

• Like 1

The prime minister also said the current semi-lockdown measures, imposed in Thailand’s 13 COVID-19 “Dark Red” provinces since July 20th, which include closures of many venues, a curfew between 9pm and 4 am, ban on gatherings of five people and more, ban on dining in, and interprovincial restrictions,

What interprovincial restrictions?  People from Bangkok and the surrounding provinces that are dark red are allowed to travel without restrictions.  Buses, flights, and trains are shutdown, but anyone with a car can travel with no roadblocks or unmanned roadblocks.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“I sympathize. I’m sorry. I am trying to tackle all the many challenges. I’ll do my best as the prime minister. But cooperation is also needed in sharing the same facts, so problems can be solved. I’m not disheartened, but I’m sorry for all the losses and I’d like to boost the morale of the officials. This is something we need to do together, because we are Thais,” Mr. Prayut said.

The guy just doesn't get it, you are the problem along with Anutin.

Both out of your depth, out of ideas and should be put of office.

• Like 2

‘Sorry’ doesn’t cut it, Dear Leader. Why don’t you (and Anutin) step aside and let the grown-ups who know what they’re doing take care of business. You’ve made an absolute mess of it, so whoever takes over can not possibly do any worse. 

• Like 1

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said “sorry” over COVID-19 losses and that he is sympathizing with a lot of people suffering from the pandemic and its impacts,"

surely this comes under the heading of "fake news" - 

• Haha 1

As Thais we need to do this.  Shows his prejudice there.   Why not say as part of the human race we must and can do this.   Thailand is center of the world attitude creates lots of problems I have witnessed. 

On 7/30/2021 at 5:15 PM, snoop1130 said:

I’m sorry. I am trying to tackle all the many challenges. I’ll do my best as the prime minister.

But you take the power of the Country with the Army very easy. Just in one day.

Cry me a river! What a pity of man.

But people are still dying. How many people tomorrow and next month?

Not easy leave the power now. Right?

????

Edited by Tarteso

On 7/30/2021 at 6:15 PM, bdenner said:

Hypocritical wacker should have resigned in lieu of calling himself the Covid Czar.

Learned NOTHING from his Songkran debacle let alone giving free transport to the great unwashed to spread the contamination thru the Provinces.

SORRY:- Maybe a trip to Japan and learn what to do with a Samurai Sword would show real remorse.

Why?

Did Thailand ran out of motorcycle?

Or tall buildings?

Plenty options locally...

On 7/30/2021 at 5:45 PM, tonray said:

It's inevitable and with current case numbers still on the rise with no change in trend in sight, must stay the course for now anyway another two weeks to see if can break the trend in rising cases.

Another 3 months but only with full vaccine rollout. Lockdowns without vaccines do not work