When I get vaccinated at HEB (in Texas, USA), will I receive a vaccination certificate that meets the COE application requirements?

Two things that I'd be grateful for clarification about:

1) I didn't understand that "COE pre-approval" is a separate step before full approval and that I was supposed to get pre-approved before paying for hotel and flight bookings. I already bought the hotel bookings and flights for Phuket Sandbox. I assume that as long as I upload the booking details within the 15 days after I'm pre-approved, then it won't matter at all that these bookings/tickets were purchased before pre-approval occurred.

2) I see on the COE application page:

Attachment
- Please attach certificate of vaccination and its English translation, if the certificate is not in Thai or English language.
- Certificate of vaccination shall include personal details (full name, date of birth, nationality and passport number) and vaccination details (name of vaccine, date of vaccination and batch number of vaccine). If the certificate does not meet requirements of the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand or could not verify its authenticity, travellers may be quarantined for no less than 14 days.
- Travellers are required to present an original paper or a print out of online vaccine certificate to disease control officers once the travellers have arrived in Thailand.

Edit: This is so stupid. I called the pharmacy and the vaccine card that I receive will have all of the information above EXCEPT for the passport number. How am I supposed to get a certificate with the passport number on it? Is this actually enforced?

Edited by wml22

1 hour ago, wml22 said:

Edit: This is so stupid. I called the pharmacy and the vaccine card that I receive will have all of the information above EXCEPT for the passport number. How am I supposed to get a certificate with the passport number on it? Is this actually enforced?

Good question, but I'd suggest that the fact that Americans are entering Thailand is an indication that the CDC Vaccination Record Card is adequate.  Mine has my name and birthdate.  I suppose I could have had the attendant at UTMB (Galveston) enter my passport number, though there is no dedicated line for it.  There is some blank space...  And all of the info was hand written...

Post back and let us know what you find out...

Edited by impulse

As far as I've been able to determine from reading about others' experiences on Reddit, (I emailed the LA Consulate to ask but haven't gotten a reply yet), it seems that the CDC vaccine card technically doesn't meet the requirements for COE application due to lack of a passport number, but they're not enforcing that and people who have uploaded their CDC vaccine cards have had their COE applications approved. (This contrasts with Iceland for example, which initially had the same requirement but then amended the law to allow for the CDC vaccine card to be acceptable - in Thailand they defined the requirements poorly and instead of updating the law are just not enforcing it by the letter.)

34 minutes ago, impulse said:

Good question, but I'd suggest that the fact that Americans are entering Thailand is an indication that the CDC Vaccination Record Card is adequate.  Mine has my name and birthdate.  I suppose I could have had the attendant at UTMB (Galveston) enter my passport number, though there is no dedicated line for it.  There is some blank space...  And all of the info was hand written...

Post back and let us know what you find out...

I actually asked the pharmacist if they'd be wiling to add the passport number onto the vaccine card and they refused. But as I said in the previous post, it shouldn't matter in practice, as it appears that the Thai government is approving COE applications that are showing CDC vaccine cards.

7 hours ago, wml22 said:

I actually asked the pharmacist if they'd be wiling to add the passport number onto the vaccine card and they refused. But as I said in the previous post, it shouldn't matter in practice, as it appears that the Thai government is approving COE applications that are showing CDC vaccine cards.

What's so difficult about writing your own passport number on your own CDC shot card with your own pen?

34 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What's so difficult about writing your own passport number on your own CDC shot card with your own pen?

Not difficult but altering the card could well void it out.

I am sure the embassy and consulates in the US are familiar with the CDC card and will accept it.

"- Certificate of vaccination shall include personal details (full name, date of birth, nationality and passport number..."

just looked at my CDC vaccine card, no space for nationality ????

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bbko said:

"- Certificate of vaccination shall include personal details (full name, date of birth, nationality and passport number..."

just looked at my CDC vaccine card, no space for nationality ????

That apparently is on the COE website that is for every country. The COE is approved by the embassy or official consulate that it is submitted to. They will be aware of of what a acceptable certificate will have on it.

Here on the embassy website it just states a vaccination certificate. https://thaiembdc.org/phuketsandbox/

I used the CDC card for my preapproval from the LA Consulate.  In Guam, you can get a more official looking printout from their health-dept 10 days after your final vaccination.  At my request, they did put my passport number on it.  The CDC card with my full name and birthday was sufficient for the LA Consulate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

vaccination certificate from the u.s. will include all details neccasary

It does not include what the website states. Specifically, it does not include  passport number or mention nationality.

I had this same question. Looks like the CDC card is being accepted because Americans are managing to get in.

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It does not include what the website states. Specifically, it does not include  passport number or mention nationality.

I had this same question. Looks like the CDC card is being accepted because Americans are managing to get in.

LOOK carefully. it does include passport no. otherwise they will not accept it.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:21 AM, wml22 said:

As far as I've been able to determine from reading about others' experiences on Reddit, (I emailed the LA Consulate to ask but haven't gotten a reply yet), it seems that the CDC vaccine card technically doesn't meet the requirements for COE application due to lack of a passport number, but they're not enforcing that and people who have uploaded their CDC vaccine cards have had their COE applications approved. (This contrasts with Iceland for example, which initially had the same requirement but then amended the law to allow for the CDC vaccine card to be acceptable - in Thailand they defined the requirements poorly and instead of updating the law are just not enforcing it by the letter.)

Maybe this depends somewhat on the country where the application was made etc.  E.g. for applications for a COE lodged by Australian citizens with the Thai consulate in Sydney the Vaccine record/certificate* is issued by the Australian government Medicare office. The Thai staff at the Thai consulate in Sydney would recognize this document is from a respected Australian government agency even thought it doesn't show passport number. My guess is that the Thai consulate would accept it.

(* All vaccinations in Australia are recorded on a dedicated page of the personal Medicare records of each citizen and the citizen can download or print the page. It does show date of birth but doesn't show passport number.)

I was vaccinated at CVS in the USA.  I received the standard COVID-19 Vaccination Record card from the CDC that Sheryl posted a picture of in this thread.  I scanned it and submitted it for my COE and had no problems.  My application was through the Royal Thai Embassy, Washington DC.  You can always exchange emails with the embassy if you need to.  They seemed to always be responsive during the process.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlueSkyAhead said:

I was vaccinated at CVS in the USA.  I received the standard COVID-19 Vaccination Record card from the CDC that Sheryl posted a picture of in this thread.  I scanned it and submitted it for my COE and had no problems.  My application was through the Royal Thai Embassy, Washington DC.  You can always exchange emails with the embassy if you need to.  They seemed to always be responsive during the process.

Many thanks for this info.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlueSkyAhead said:

I had actually emailed the LA consulate days ago about this topic and they never replied, but the COE application was preapproved today after using the CDC vaccine card. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 11:14 PM, NanLaew said:

43 years ago I altered a thing or two in my wife's Tabien Baan document, then put them back when it had served the purpose.  Not any harder then altering a driver's license to look old enough to buy booze when I was 17 in the U.S. 

The thing when altering a medical record is that whatever you write, it has to be illegible.  Doctors are like that.

• Haha 1