Fake or real Dewalt?

ExpatOilWorker

5 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Since genuine brand name drills sell for about 2 times the price listed without batteries, the real DCF601 is a brushless 12v screwdriver, that there are no 48v DeWalt tools, that the charger is a wall wart, not a lay on one. The old adage that if it looks too cheap to be real the it probably is, springs to mind.

Do read the reviews. “Ordered but didn't get the model ordered. Next, let's see the product before receiving the item before paying. Because after paying, if there is a problem, it will take longer to get a refund. This product has been refunded. This service is considered very bad.”

Thanks Woodworker.

I will go for the below model. 

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.eHfG4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwarium said:

Nice pack and good price, but it is sold out.

2 hours ago, Kwarium said:

Plenty available but an inferior model as it’s got a brushed motor 

27 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Nice pack and good price, but it is sold out.

Sorry, I didn’t notice the no stock on shopee! I got mine from Thaidee Homemart on Lazada, but it looks like they have no stock ... of anything. (They also have a facebook page that isn’t updated.)

Looks like another Covid issue. I’m also seeing no stock on generators anywhere. Too bad for sellers.

The OP is going to get plenty of "break time" if he buys a drill in 2021 with an 18 volt 2.0 ah battery.  In 2014 that might have seemed OK, but genuine DeWALT have certainly passed that battery size in Thailand. Lazada is full of fake JBL speakers, fake almost name brand phones, and a slew of crappy worthless fake power tools. There is no recourse when a seller on Lazada sells <deleted>. However, there are reputable local companies selling on Lazada. Check the reviews. The "location" listed on lazada is often very fake. Google the company name and look at street view. You can chat in English on Lazada chat box, to responsible Thailand tool sellers and they can answer in English, BEFORE you spend your hard earned money. Do not be afraid to print out an "offer" on Lazada and take it to your local real tool shop.  Little tough in these times, but if you have an authorized seller of DeWALT, who is authorized to SERVICE DeWALT, it may be worthwhile to give them a chance to meet or beat the price on lazada. The photos I attached are 4 and 5  years old. These two photos are in Buriram. That same store has a "storefront" on Lazada and they ship genuine DeWALT tools 7 days a week to customers all over Thailand. 

Buriram Dewalt 18V 5ah Cordless Drill Saw.JPG

DeWALT Stanley Tools Repair Delivery Isaan Thailand.jpg

Thailand DeWALT Tools Management visit Buriram Ruangsangthai.JPG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

The OP is going to get plenty of "break time" if he buys a drill in 2021 with an 18 volt 2.0 ah battery.  In 2014 that might have seemed OK, but genuine DeWALT have certainly passed that battery size in Thailand. Lazada is full of fake JBL speakers, fake almost name brand phones, and a slew of crappy worthless fake power tools. There is no recourse when a seller on Lazada sells <deleted>. However, there are reputable local companies selling on Lazada. Check the reviews. The "location" listed on lazada is often very fake. Google the company name and look at street view. You can chat in English on Lazada chat box, to responsible Thailand tool sellers and they can answer in English, BEFORE you spend your hard earned money. Do not be afraid to print out an "offer" on Lazada and take it to your local real tool shop.  Little tough in these times, but if you have an authorized seller of DeWALT, who is authorized to SERVICE DeWALT, it may be worthwhile to give them a chance to meet or beat the price on lazada. The photos I attached are 4 and 5  years old. These two photos are in Buriram. That same store has a "storefront" on Lazada and they ship genuine DeWALT tools 7 days a week to customers all over Thailand. 

Do you know the name of the Lazada storefront?

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Do you know the name of the Lazada storefront?

There are several lazada sellers who are reliable Waantong is one that I have used.

Not all sellers are on Lazada, another couple who are sellers of genuine items are itoolmart in Chang Mai and Thaicarpenter I have bought from both of them, they have websites, though not the easiest to use.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

I better get a 4 Ah DeWelt battery. Wait, Welt???

So much fakes on Lazada!

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.ev2Ab

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It is totally crazy that Lazads is selling 120 V equipment in Thailand.

Accident waiting to happen.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.VZPmK

Not at all. There are people who have all their USA equipment and so have a 120v supply.

Totally crazy, are people playing with things they know nothing about. 

The likely outcome of using most 120v equipment on a 220v supply is just an escape of the magic smoke requiring a moth escape from the wallet of the owner.

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2021 at 6:18 AM, Ralf001 said:

Definately fake.

the "Dewalt" embossed into the drill is too compressed, the batteries scream fake.

Dewalt dont make a 48v drill.

Fake.

I use Lazada but lots of fakes.

For tools try Shoppee.

Easier to return.  

I actually ordered from Amazon US for my DeWalt tools.

Good luck.

Screenshot_20210811-231240.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Fake.

I use Lazada but lots of fakes.

For tools try Shoppee.

Easier to return.  

I actually ordered from Amazon US for my DeWalt tools.

Good luck.

better to qoute the person looking to buy tools, not me.

• Haha 1