Pfizer administration timeline to be completed in August

bc5cf4e40e6fd98e7491eab94fb713d7_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has indicated that the 1.5 million vaccine doses donated by the United States government, will be provided to four different groups with distribution to be completed in August.

Department of Disease Control (DDC) Director-General Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong, advised today that the Pfizer doses have been placed in storage at -70 to -90 degrees Celsius by Zuellig Pharma with samples taken for testing by the Department of Medical Science, which is expected to release results on August 2.

From August 3-4, the vaccine will be packaged for distribution with the first batch to reach recipients on August 5 and 6. The first group will receive the jabs as booster doses, and will be medical workers. From August 7-8, the vaccines will be administered by hospitals to other risk groups.

From August 9, medical service units will begin their distribution of the vaccine before second doses begin transport mid-August.

The concentrated vaccines must be diluted with normal saline before being administered. Dr. Opas explained that one bottle of vaccine can produce six doses approximately. Doses will be injected three weeks apart.

nnt.jpg

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

From August 9, medical service units will begin their distribution of the vaccine before second doses begin transport mid-August.

I see the interval on Pfizer doses is all over the map now.

4/6/8/10/12 weeks all are the best.

Everyone I know who got Pfizer, in the U.S., got the second does at 28 days.

Will be interesting to see how they manage here.

• Confused 1

as I have understood pfizer will be given as a booster for those only on sinovac.

That would be 700k for medics.

Some 645k doses suppose to go to vulnerable, but there are some 12mln of them, and many of them didn't get even the 1st jab.

I don't think it should be given as 2 doses. Just there are very few pfizer doses now and should be given only one dose

Edited by internationalism

Oh, missed this...

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Doses will be injected three weeks apart.

"The concentrated vaccines must be diluted with normal saline before being administered. Dr. Opas explained that one bottle of vaccine can produce six doses approximately."

https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download#:~:text=Dilution Dilute the vial contents,Injection%2C USP as the diluent.

Edited by mtls2005

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

as I have understood pfizer will be given as a booster for those only on sinovac.

Some 645k doses suppose to go to vulnerable, but there are some 12mln of them, and many of them didn't get even the 1st jab.

I don't think it should be given as 2 doses. Just there are very few pfizer doses now and should be given only one dose

The math is correct.

What I think they will find a few token farang to boost to the media and outside that they are all equal here...but my conclusion was no more than max 5000 will be getting 2 shot Pfeizer.

The who new register for vaccine bcos we got Pfeizer now too feels like the next mutation of the previous "we got vaccines for everyone" hoax.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

So Thailand is now giving three shots while only a small fraction of the country has received a first shot.  They pay a lot of lip service to the at risk groups.  Talk is wind.

• Sad 1

On 8/1/2021 at 3:17 AM, Misty said:

For Pfizer the second dose is 21 days, Moderna 28 days, per US CDC website:

image.png

"You should get your second shot as close to the recommended 3-week or 4-week interval as possible. However, your second dose may be given up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose, if necessary. You should not get the second dose early. There is currently limited information on the effectiveness of receiving your second shot earlier than recommended or later than 6 weeks after the first shot."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/second-shot.html

The UK cites 8 - 12 weeks between jabs.

"The JCVI* has advised that the second dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine may be given between 3 to 12 weeks following the first dose, and that the second dose of the AstraZeneca (Oxford) vaccine may be given between 4 to 12 weeks following the first dose.

This will mean that second doses of both vaccines will be administered towards the end of the recommended vaccine dosing schedule of 12 weeks. This will maximise the number of people getting vaccine and therefore receiving protection in the next 12 weeks."

*JCVI = The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation

https://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/caring-for-you/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccination/second-dose-frequently-asked-questions/

Full dosage or microdosing lol??

So they can say the proper number of vaccine have been given - then pocket the balance.

It was 2.5m when first announced. Where'd that go?? Oh yeah, vips, military, police and their families.

If you're not a cynic when you arrive in Thailand you soon will be

Edited by kynikoi

On 8/1/2021 at 8:42 AM, internationalism said:

Priortise health workers, including the cleaners & cooks. If they've had Sinovac, a single Pfizer dose should protect them for at least six months.

For those who have not been vaxxed, one dose is like half a condom.