Australian Travel Exemption

Hi,

Ive been granted a travel visa to leave Australia by Aus gov. 

I'm not vaccinated, what are my options - I want to be with my partner in Koh Phangan

From what Ive researched I can fly to BKK on a none exempt visa and get 45 days, do my 10-14 days quarantine in BKK.

After Ive done my 10-14 day Q, Am I then able to travel to KPG no issues, and apply for a 60 day extension?

Also, my residential address is Aus, but im both a UK & Aus passport holder and would like to onward travel to UK afterwards - will that be proof of return flight onwards travel, or does your return need to be from port of destination, to obtain your certificate of entry ?  

Help would be appreciated?

In Lak’ech x

You and enter and get a 45 day visa exempt entry. You will need to show a onward ticket to the airline when you check in that can be to anywhere. A ticket to the UK would be accepted but it would have to be within 45 days of arrival.

You can apply for the standard 30 day extension of the 45 day entry and then apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

You will have to do a 14 day quarantine after arriving here.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marcomilton7 said:

am I freely available to travel once 14 day Q is completed? within Thailand

At this time it would depend upon where you are traveling too.

As far as I know there are no restrictions on traveling to Koh Koh Phangan other than having negative covid test.

Any onward flight needs to give you a least one flight change, included, if not more, given uncertainty. It's not always been the case if needed a return or onward ticket booked before leaving Australia. If your uncertain, know options before you leave in the event it's required at Australia airport, over fifteen years I've rarely booked a return flight by being a requirement before departure, but if the next flight is certain then make sure it can be changed, paying extra if needed. Would expect most airlines accept this in the future. No jabs before departure a concern, even one is proving better than none, given the rising or should I say escalating cases here and Thailand. But good luck, I'll wait longer.

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Defer your trip for at the very least a few months. 

Coming to Thailand with current restrictions including travel is crazy.

May I ask (I'm also Oz) what was involved in obtaining permission to exit Australia. 

I had a close family bereavement in UK, and intend to go to Thai after.

• Sad 1