Has living in Thailand castrated your in-real-life complaining mojo?

Jingthing

That's the price one has to pay for living in a "laid back country". Unfortunately, this "laid back syndrome" extends to the private sector economy/government/public sector. Inevitably leading to more reasons to complain.
Southern European Countries are also more "laid back" than their northern counterparts. With the same results. Not to mention North/South America.

• Like 1

I ordered 2 pizzas and on the menu they have a pic of Taramizu Cake for 140 tbh. Now the pic and the price would lead me to believe the cake was a decent size. The piece of cake was 2"x2" of soggy mess. The cake part was soggy wet like it had been frozen and defrosted many times. The worst ever. For me it's sacrilegious to even call the soggy mess Taramizu, I sent them a scathing message, it's the same as if I made tom yom with water and ketchup and tried to sell it. 

13 hours ago, worgeordie said:

You complained about icing on a cake ...no wonder they were laughing at you .

what are the Farangs of Thailand coming too . OK complain about the big stuff,

like if your wheel comes off your truck after you have just driven out of the garage,

stuff like that, otherwise it's just a waste of time , and Thai's will laugh at you.

Learnt that the first week here, bought a big bottle of Sprite , opened it up and it

was flat and tasted funny. took it back to the shop , the lady said "I cannot exchange

it or give you your money back as you have opened it"........yes i had to, to find something

was wrong with it......."Sorry." she said,  yes it's no good complaining over the small stuff.

regards worgeordie

You do realize this wasn't about cake, right?

https://www.infobloom.com/what-does-icing-on-the-cake-mean.htm

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

and the laid-back not complain attitude is a double edge sword as nothing will change,   nothing will be fixed or become better,   customer service will remain non-existent as no one complains so they don't have reason to fix it. 

Yeah imagine  being a manager here that sincerely wants to improve processes but lacks the input of customer feedback to inform about what's broken.

33 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The hidden message went completely over my head ,in the UK

"icing on the cake" does not mean anything about complaining,

it means adding something extra to something that is already good.

So to enlighten me to what  the hidden message was?.....

regards Worgeordie

As explained in the link, its meaning can be positive or negative.  In the context of this topic it was obviously negative indicated by describing the icing as brown colored and the cake as caca cake. Caca being excrement.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They do have it but its often weird.

The idea that customers experience a service mind approach is rather novel in a place that is usually ruled by Mị̀ mị̂... Mị̀ dị̂... Mị̀ pĕnrị..