90 day report still needed?

Last year when Covid first hit Thailand, the 90 day report was suspended.

This year with the pandemic running riot across the country, it appears that the 90 day report is still needed and I have seen no information to the contrary.

Before anybody suggests online reporting, I have tried it on many occasions and failed. I think it’s because I have been in the country since 2013. I'm pretty sure Ubon Joe wrote something about this some time ago.

I really do not want to go to the immigration office in two weeks’ time.

So firstly, could people confirm that 90 day reporting is still required.

And secondly, has anybody in a similar situation to myself been able to do it online?

They have not suspended 90 day reporting this year.

I think they did not do away with them since last year the majority of offices were saying they were still required and many people did them anyway since the did not trust immigration to not fine them for not doing it.

They changed the system last last year and I have been able to 3 online reports successfully with a entry done in 2008 and and a new passport.

When doing the report online you have to be sure that entered everything correctly and only complete the required fields (other than first and middle name).

You can also get the message if system is see you as being on a overstay due to your last extension not being updated in the online system or for not being within the 15 day window for online reporting.

You might want to try the mobile app since it give more than one reason for not being able to go past page one. It will tell you that you are on a overstay or not within the window. It only gives the contact you local office message if you entered something wrong on page one  or your record could not be found. Links for apps follows.

Android app is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService&hl=en

Apple app: https://apps.apple.com/th/app/imm-eservice/id1464624948

You also have the option to mail in your 90 day report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rgrdns said:

I just downloaded the app on my android mobile, try to register....window pop-up stating "Alert, email address is incorrect"....double checked, all required info is correct....what now???

There are some email addresses the system will not accept.

Do you have another email address you could use.

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Doesn't your immigration office accept mail in report?

From what I can see online, when you do it by mail you must send it off 15 days beforehand. 

So I'm too late for this option??
My 90 day report is due in August 14

I have never done it this way before because I usually need to go to the big city for shopping anyway every three months.

The way things are at the moment I really don't want to go.

3 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

Having filled in page 1 on my PC using chrome browser I got a completely blank page.

Then signed up for the app. All was going well until the end when I just got "SERVICE ERROR."

The blank page means the popup message to contact your local office was blocked.

5 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

Then signed up for the app. All was going well until the end when I just got "SERVICE ERROR."

Check your internet connection. Do you have a VPN. Maybe try using mobile data.

3 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

From what I can see online, when you do it by mail you must send it off 15 days beforehand. 

So I'm too late for this option??
My 90 day report is due in August 14

The 15 days before is a Bangkok only requirement. If you mail it in early enough so it is delivered within 7 days of your report date it will be accepted (same for Bangkok). To be sure send it by EMS instead of registered mail.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The blank page means the popup message to contact your local office was blocked.

Check your internet connection. Do you have a VPN. Maybe try using mobile data.

Still no good, I'm wondering if the Visa issue date is causing the problem.
I can't find the actual date my Visa was issued because I'm on a new passport 

And I don't recall this being on the TM 47 form.

So I put in the date of last year's marriage extension.

So where would I find the issue date of the original Visa?

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 15 days before is a Bangkok only requirement. If you mail it in early enough so it is delivered within 7 days of your report date it will be accepted (same for Bangkok). To be sure send it by EMS instead of registered mail.

Okay thanks for that.

Has anybody got a link for the requirements for mail application?

17 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

Okay thanks for that.

Has anybody got a link for the requirements for mail application?

Notification by registered mail

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa
2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don’t forget to sign name.)
5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Checkpoint in local area where the alien resides.

Notice :
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
– Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
– Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
– Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
– Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

Still no good, I'm wondering if the Visa issue date is causing the problem.
I can't find the actual date my Visa was issued because I'm on a new passport 

And I don't recall this being on the TM 47 form.

So I put in the date of last year's marriage extension.

So where would I find the issue date of the original Visa?

Where are you being asked for your visas issue date.

After page two of the online application it only asks for your permit to stay date.

Info about the visa you used for entry is on page one of your new passport at the top of the stamp they did when your stamps were transferred.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where are you being asked for your visas issue date.

After page two of the online application it only asks for your permit to stay date.

Info about the visa you used for entry is on page one of your new passport at the top of the stamp they did when your stamps were transferred.

Here's a screenshot

Screenshot_20210802-110749.png

4 minutes ago, justmeagain said:

Why don't you get an agent to do it for you if the hassle is too much.

You personally don't have to front at the immigration office to do it.

You can get the motor cycle guys to do it for a couple of hundred Baht and your stress free.

200 km round trip!

1 hour ago, mrjohn said:

Here's a screenshot

Visa means your current extension application and expiration date.

I don't remember some of those entries being needed when I did my report on the app but I just touched the previous address since I had done online reports before.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

200 km round trip!

As mentioned earlier mail in is option.

Online is hit and miss and often I need to use mail option.

Couple of tips (I notice post of requirements above so will skip those).

I use two B4 envelopes. Obviously one folded in half for reply. 

This enables imm to return all your photo copies. Even new form for next report. (That's what CW did for me) 

Easy Peasy. 

Post using EMS 37baht and return either 10baht stamp or again EMS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justmeagain said:

Why don't you get an agent to do it for you if the hassle is too much.

You personally don't have to front at the immigration office to do it.

You can get the motor cycle guys to do it for a couple of hundred Baht and your stress free.

200 km round trip!

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Visa means your current extension application and expiration date.

I don't remember some of those entries being needed when I did my report on the app but I just touched the previous address since I had done online reports before.

I just tried again using the app and the above suggestion.

I did not get an error code this time but I was returned to the app start page.

There was no acknowledgement or anything.

So I have no idea whether it's gone through or not.

It's looking like the best option is the post office.

Many thanks to everyone for all your help.

5 hours ago, rgrdns said:

I just downloaded the app on my android mobile, try to register....window pop-up stating "Alert, email address is incorrect"....double checked, all required info is correct....what now???

I just did the same and got the same pop up.

After I tried again on the 3. rd try I went through and at last it was accepted.

Edit: After I was finished I got an e-mail on which I should accept the registration.

Edited by perconrad

Mid July, I did try (several times!) the online report facility... It did not work (cf. photo enclosed).

I've been using the online reporting for a number of years, but, this time it clearly didn't work.

Therefore, I used the mail option (with EMS)

TM47 Online Report m.jpg

Edited by Fab5BKK