PRU sets up as second field hospital

webfact

1627889954_1-org.jpg

Photo: PR Dept

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Three hundred beds have been set up in a meeting hall at Phuket Rajabhat University (PRU) in Rassada which is to be designated as the second field hospital for “light green” cases on the island.

“The additional 300 beds have been set up at the University hall because all beds at the first field hospital at Prince of Songkla University (PSU) are already fully occupied,” Phuket Vice Governor Pichet Panapong explained after the inspection on Saturday (July 31).

“Rassada Municipality is responsible for arranging the paper beds, bedding, and fans donated by private companies. There are also partitions and mosquito wire screens. The field hospital is expected to be ready and open for patients on Aug 3,” he said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/pru-sets-up-as-second-field-hospital-80902.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-03

There's now several dozen of these 'field hospitals' across the country.

I wonder how much professional medical care exists at these locations?

Anybody got any photos of these places with many 'patients' and medical workers/equipment etc., please share.

Also, I wonder whether the medical workers are qualified and experienced. 

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

There's now several dozen of these 'field hospitals' across the country.

I wonder how much professional medical care exists at these locations?

Anybody got any photos of these places with many 'patients' and medical workers/equipment etc., please share.

Also, I wonder whether the medical workers are qualified and experienced. 

I believe these facilities are for people with very mild symptoms and who require the least amount of medical monitoring. Basically they are admitted for observation and if become more ill are transferred to a full service hospital.

• Like 2