5 million more Sinopharm doses to arrive this month, inoculation of children considered

snoop1130

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

not much known about efficacy for kids, but in 25% od seniors it failed to protect at a minimum level.

I did hope for this vax, registered 2x

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-03/sinopharm-vaccine-falls-short-on-antibodies-in-budapest-study

To be accurate, it was an antibody assay. So not a real world study. Antibodies aren't definitive since they are not accurate predictors of T-cell response. I think it's overwhelmingly likely that the Sinopharm will be less effective in actual clinical cases but how much less effective is yet to be determined.

On 8/4/2021 at 2:15 PM, Anna Rak said:

Will they never learn? Sinovac from Sinopharm only boosts the immune system for a few months, why oh why do they persist in using something that has no long term effects. ????????????

This is the way all vaccines work. Antibodies wane over time, including those inducted by Pfizer - particularly evident from Israel studies. What is more important is B and T-cell activation. This is what gives long term immunity. But kids really don't need to be vaccinated, and certainly not at this time when many adults have not been. 

On 8/4/2021 at 3:15 AM, Anna Rak said:

Will they never learn? Sinovac from Sinopharm only boosts the immune system for a few months, why oh why do they persist in using something that has no long term effects. ????????????

You're basing your claim on the fact that antibody levels go down. But the crucial factor i T-cell response. Can  you cite any evidence concerning that?