Immigration busts: Vietnamese, Indian and Chinese overstayers and Cambodians with fake stamps

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The chief of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang gave details of four cases resolved by his teams in a briefing yesterday, reported Daily News

The first case featured a Mr Mai from Vietnam who had been jailed and fined twice in a case of smuggling in illegal Vietnamese workers into Thailand. 

Following his release he managed to flee and hide in Nong Bua in Muang district of Udon Thani where he was found selling stuff by the side of the road. 

Biometrics helped in the arrest and he was charged with overstay and illegal work.

In the second case a check on a construction site in Muang district of Khon Kaen revealed that six Cambodian workers had stamps from Pathum Thani that were not properly signed. 

Biometrics checks revealed they were fake stamps. Their employer Phusit,47, said that Thippawan had sorted the visa extensions and she in turn blamed a woman called Joy.

What happened to them was not reported but all the Cambodians were charged with having illegal paperwork. 

In the third case Mr Vikesh from India was arrested. There had been complaints that he was a loan shark collecting interest of 2-3% a day from male and female traders at a fresh market in Muang district of Udon Thani. 

Immigration waited and sure enough Mr Vikesh arrived on his motorcycle and was arrested for being on overstay.

The final case involved a Mr Rong who was definitely not in the right.

He had arrived in Thailand as a tourist in 2016 and was now on overstay of 1,956 days.

It was discovered that the Chinese national had fled a warrant in China in a bankruptcy case where shareholders were allegedly defrauded.

He had been hiding out in Thailand. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Vikesh from India was arrested. There had been complaints that he was a loan shark collecting interest of 2-3% a day from male and female traders at a fresh market in Muang district of Udon Thani.

Another Indian loan shark? He sounds like a lovely chap. :coffee1:

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Biometrics checks revealed they were fake stamps. Their employer Phusit,47, said that Thippawan had sorted the visa extensions and she in turn blamed a woman called Joy.

But not deep joy.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

In the third case Mr Vikesh from India was arrested. There had been complaints that he was a loan shark collecting interest of 2-3% a day from male and female traders at a fresh market in Muang district of Udon Thani. 

Immigration waited and sure enough Mr Vikesh arrived on his motorcycle and was arrested for being on overstay.

i wonder how easily one can become a loan shark or "work" as black bank or sell underground lottery? If you want to make cash, everybody has to fear you, you would have to be very scary and everybody should know your mafia-gang and remember some examples of your extrajudicial killings and torturing defaulting debtors, right?
Otherwise you only loose money and no one ever pays you the debt. I would love to be a loan shark, but I can't even get my money back that i borrowed with no interest to thai friends or neighbours...

6 hours ago, jackinthebox said:

i wonder how easily one can become a loan shark or "work" as black bank or sell underground lottery? If you want to make cash, everybody has to fear you, you would have to be very scary and everybody should know your mafia-gang and remember some examples of your extrajudicial killings and torturing defaulting debtors, right?
Otherwise you only loose money and no one ever pays you the debt. I would love to be a loan shark, but I can't even get my money back that i borrowed with no interest to thai friends or neighbours...

Yeah, imagine if Woody Allen became a loan shark.

• Haha 1