Interprovincial Travel

Need advice please.  My 90 report is due 17/08/21.  I normally report to the Sri Racha Immigration office, Chon Buri.  I've been trying to do the report online from Rayong which is where I am now without success and I believe I've left it too late to do it by mail.   Ugggg!   My question is, will I be able to ride my motorcycle from Rayong province back into Chon Buri province for the purpose of doing my 90 day report?  I.O.W. will the police let me through with that as my reason to travel?  Should I approach immigration in Rayong?  I live in Phan Thong, Chon Buri province if that makes a difference.

• Like 2

No guarantees but checks on the road are very unlikely and complying with immigration law seems to me to be a very good reason to travel.

You can  use this app only on the day of travel. Do not register before then:

https://covid-19.in.th/en

Generate the barcode and take a screenshot of it.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

You wont have any troubles for the trip you outline. 

https://covid-19.in.th/en

This registration has in field "reason for travel" lists optional. 

Been reports of people traveling from Bangkok to Rayong and back no issues. Don't waste your time at Rayong imm.

BTW if you were to post it tomorrow (Sun) it would still prob arrive Monday 9.

Should be ok. At worst 2k fine.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

From Internet (and my view):

What is 90 Day Report Thailand?
The purpose of 90-day reporting is to confirm your address and current status with Thai immigration. 90-day reporting can be completed up to 14 days before the required 90-day date, or up to 7 days after.

That means, don't worry, even up to 7 days after (the required date) !
Edited by puck2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's for in person reporting.

Online and mail in have different dates.

Think online is 14 and up to report due date was changed recently.

Via mail CM ask for it to be sent 15 days prior. Some other offices are more flexible.

.... i.e  .......     in Mae Hong Son.

@DrJack54; I guess you agree with me: crazy IMOs in Thailand: for exactly the same issue - different results, sometimes many different results :cheesy:.

Some officers use common sense (as in MHS), others are jobsworth, pedants or even idiots.

Edited by puck2
  • Like 1

Unless things have changed (unlikely) both Rayong and Chon Buri are dark red zones and as they have a common border there should be no travel restrictions between the two. Although, having said that, all unnecessary travel is discouraged.

However, complying with immigration rules I would have thought is a legal necessary, so I don't see a problem.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's for in person reporting.

Online and mail in have different dates.

Think online is 14 and up to report due date (was changed recently).

Via mail CW ask for it to be sent 15 days prior. Some other offices are more flexible.

Online is stated as 15 days before but because immigration count 'day 1' it is, in reality, 14 calendar days......ie if due on the 15th you can report from the 1st.

Have spoken with a good few farangs that have travelled "interProvincially", and none have had any form of licence, passport check-up, and most just get waved through at Province boundary check points.  Sod's law - just have all the paperwork to hand just in case.