Pandemic of the unvaccinated????

16 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

What? Ummm. Those who don't want the vaccine ARE anti vaxxers.  LOL

First of all you need to stop being such a bully and stop discriminating against those who choose not be be vaccinated. Every individual in this world is someone's brother, sister, father daughter or son. There are many reason for people not wanting to take this particular vaccine and you should respect that. 

I’m also in awe of the great gene-splicing technology that made the vaccine possible and also of the scientists who produced it. But I wonder if the desire to get our lives back may be tempting us to ignore the risks regarding the remaining unknowns. If you feel comfortable injecting this vaccine into your body just because the medical experts you look up say it's ok, more power to you. 

Just give the superiority complex a rest it's making you sound scared as hell. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

First of all you need to stop being such a bully and stop discriminating against those who choose not be be vaccinated. Every individual in this world is someone's brother, sister, father daughter or son. There are many reason for people not wanting to take this particular vaccine and you should respect that. 

I’m also in awe of the great gene-splicing technology that made the vaccine possible and also of the scientists who produced it. But I wonder if the desire to get our lives back may be tempting us to ignore the risks regarding the remaining unknowns. If you feel comfortable injecting this vaccine into your body just because the medical experts you look up say it's ok, more power to you. 

Whereas your paranoia re MSM conspiracy seem so confident and brave and not at all desperate. You even questioned the validity of the views of the scientist who wrote the paper on Marik's disease that was misleadingly cited by anti-covid vaxxers.

image.png.689bdfd9699e7ea53485cc1f838d6230.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Whereas your paranoia re MSM conspiracy seem so confident and brave and not at all desperate. You even questioned the validity of the views of the scientist who wrote the paper on Marik's disease that was misleadingly cited by anti-covid vaxxers.

image.png.689bdfd9699e7ea53485cc1f838d6230.png

Ahh ok, sorry I had to read it again.

I'm not at all paranoid or scared if that's what you're implying.  

We are all entitled to our own opinions and beliefs, aren't we? .   

Edited by lucky2008
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

What remaining unknowns? What risks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You could explain the risks and unknowns you referred to.

You brought them into the discussion, give it a go.

How about the risk of the unknown?  

We just don't know what's going to happen, do we? 

In a pandemic such as this where information is constantly changing? 

In other words, there's no need to jump into the deep end just because everyone else is doing it. 

No thank you, I'll take my chances and wait for the dust settle.   

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

Ahh ok, sorry I had to read it again.

I'm not at all paranoid or scared if that's what you're implying.  

We are all entitled to our own opinions and beliefs, aren't we? .   

NO! Not when it comes to society in general. Maybe we should start treating anti vaxxers like lepers. Put them on an island.

1 hour ago, lucky2008 said:

In other words, there's no need to jump into the deep end just because everyone else is doing it. 

Well, I hope for your sake you don't end up in the ER begging for the vaccine.

Just curious, do you think that the news stories from the US about prominent vax hesitant public figures dying from COVID are fake news?

• Like 2

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/it-s-too-late-alabama-doctor-shares-final-moments-covid-n1274659

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections. One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late," she wrote.

• Like 1

*Deleted post edited out*

I questioned it.

I learned the following:

The ingredients of the current vaccines are similar to those in vaccines of the past.

Side effects from those vaccines became apparent in 6 to 8 weeks.

Long term effects from medications were from medications that were taken daily or multiple times per day and for a long term: weeks, sometimes years.

The vaccines are one or two doses and the ingredients leave the body within several days.

A lot of the fear of long term effects of mRNA is from misunderstanding or lack of knowledge about DNA and RNA.

I know some of the forum members think that everyone is a liar except for them.

They will of course post a non-sequitur or a mocking wise crack.

But for those with sincere concerns about long terms effects of the vaccines, you might consider the above.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

The ingredients of the current vaccines are similar to those in vaccines of the past.

Side effects from those vaccines became apparent in 6 to 8 weeks.

No mRNA vaccine has ever been approved by the FDA prior to 2020. So what past vaccines are you comparing?

• Sad 1

Here is an article listing prominent vax-hesitant media figures who have died from COVID.

Their quotes (bolded by me} could have been taken from this forum:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/09/anti-vax-radio-hosts-dying-covid

[Marc Bernier, talk radio host who dubbed himself “Mr. Anti-Vax”.... Bernier contracted COVID-19 roughly three weeks ago and his death was announced over the weekend by his radio station––which had awkwardly acknowledged his on-air “anti-vaccine” commentary just before his passing.]

RIP Marc Bernier

[On August 4, Newsmax fill-in host and longtime conservative talker Dick Farrel died from a “severe damage” from COVID-19 after spending the last weeks of his life claiming that the vaccine is “Bogus Bull [<deleted>],referring to the pandemic as a “SCAM DEMIC,” and suggesting that the delta variant is an elaborate ruse]

RIP  Dick Farrel

[On August 11, Tod Tucker, a pro-Trump radio programmer, died “following the onset of viral pneumonia as the result of COVID-19,” according to his employer. Tucker had previously mocked the idea of receiving the vaccine, allegedly writing in a March Facebook post, “Please stop bragging that you got your COVID vaccine. What do you want us to say? ‘Congratulations lab rat?!’”]

RIP Tod Tucker

[Within days of Tucker’s death, religious radio host Jimmy DeYoung Sr. was hospitalized for COVID-19 and died not long after, according to the Daily Beast. In February, DeYoung told his listeners that the COVID-19 vaccine could “be another form of government control of the people”]

RIP Jimmy DeYoung Sr.

[Nashville talk radio host and vaccine skeptic Phil Valentine allegedly expressed regrets after being hospitalized with COVID-19. In a blog post, Valentine had advised those who are not in the “high-risk” demo to not get the vaccine, and bet that his odds of dying from COVID-19 were “way less than one percent.” … “Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an ‘anti-vaxer’ …“]

RIP Phil Valentine

Are all these fake news?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, frantick said:

No mRNA vaccine has ever been approved by the FDA prior to 2020. So what past vaccines are you comparing?

Were you under the impression that the mRNA vaccine is just a shot of pure naked mRNA?

My statement was that the ingredients have been the similar, you never seem to read what people write.

As I predicted, you would respond with a non-sequitur.

https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/HealthU/2021/01/11/a-simple-breakdown-of-the-ingredients-in-the-covid-vaccines/

Ingredients of mRNA vaccines:

Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine

• Lipids – The following lipids are in the new COVID vaccine. Their main role is to protect the mRNA and provide somewhat of a “greasy” exterior that helps the mRNA slide inside the cells.
    • ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis
    • (2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide
    • 1,2-Distearoyl-snglycero-3- phosphocholine
    • cholesterol
  • Salts – The following salts are included in the Pfizer vaccine and help balance the acidity in your body.
    • potassium chloride
    • monobasic potassium phosphate
    • sodium chloride
    • dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate
  • Sugar – Basic table sugar, also known as sucrose, can also be found in the new COVID vaccine. This ingredient helps the molecules maintain their shape during freezing.

Moderna:

• Lipids – The Moderna vaccine also requires lipids to help deliver the mRNA to the cells.
    • SM-102
    • 1,2-dimyristoyl-rac-glycero3-methoxypolyethylene glycol-2000 [PEG2000-DMG]
    • cholesterol
    • 1,2-distearoyl-snglycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]

The remaining ingredients (below), including acids, acid stabilizers, salt and sugar all work together to maintain the stability of the vaccine after it’s produced.

• Acids
    • Acetic acid
  • Acid Stabilizers
    • Tromethamine & Tromethamine hydrochloride
  • Salts
    • Sodium acetate
  • Sugar
    • Sucrose

==

Those are the ingredients that I was referring too.

You are always too lazy to have looked into the things you say to see if they are supportable.

What about? But you never look into what about. 

You could have looked this up in a matter of minutes if you really wanted to be informed.

Fear of mRNA has been repeatedly dealt with, ignorance or magical thinking.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

So far to date there have been almost 6 Billion vaccine doses administered, a number that is increasing by over 32 millions per day.

So where are these in knowns hiding?

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=OWID_WRL

What we we do know is those who are not vaccinated are at an order of magnitude higher risk of hospitalization and death from COVID than those who are not.

Or to put it another way, placing disproportionately more strain on essential health services than those who are vaccinated.

More likely to catch COVID, more likely to spread COVID, more likely to tie up essential health services.

I doubt anyone really cares what the personal outcome is for you and others who refuse to take the vaccines.

We do however all have a stake in defeating this disease while protecting the health services we all rely on.

You meanwhile are not willing to do your bit, you are freeloading on those that are.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Just curious, do you think that the news stories from the US about prominent vax hesitant public figures dying from COVID are fake news?

No not at all, they're as dead as doornails because they caught COVID. 

Just curious, who do you think is more trustworthy, CNN or FOX? 

On 9/13/2021 at 12:15 AM, i84teen said:

Of course, it's a pandemic of the mutations now which the vaccine is of little use. 555.

Have a look at the numbers in countries like Indonesia and make your case for delta and many other countries with surging covid infection despite high vaccine rates.

The vaccine reduces transmission. Mutations are directly proportionate to the number of transmissions. Therefore, the vaccine reduces the likelihood of mutations.

5 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

I understand.  

Do you think not wanting to get vaccinated because of a persons religious faith is a ridiculous reason? 

Yes. No person can claim that their religious faith prevents them from having the vaccine. Unfortunately, some churches are very anti science but that's nothing to do with their religion. Those who claim religious faith prevents them from having vaccinations are just threading the needle.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/it-s-too-late-alabama-doctor-shares-final-moments-covid-n1274659

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections. One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late," she wrote.

"I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late," 

I can't believe you fall for this nonsense. ????

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You mean that the vast majority of the unvaccinated cheerfully face death and have no doubts that their choice was a correct one? Because they believe that it is better to die now than to suffer some unknown, unspecified, horrific fate sometime in the future?

No, not at all. I'm sure dying of Covid is horrific.

Let me rephrase.

The story is a complete fabrication. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

I understand.  

Do you think not wanting to get vaccinated because of a persons religious faith is a ridiculous reason? 

I'm a hardcore atheist. Plus, the leaders of major religions are encouraging the vaccine. Sadly, some nutters are not.

Also, some will just use this as an excuse to not get vaccinated. Sucks.