Pandemic of the unvaccinated????

Can they really base vaccine mandates with 100% certainty on these vaccines being 100% effective against hospitalisation....and spreading? I like to be able to question things. I should be allowed to. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/8/6/nearly-35-percent-of-uk-delta-hospitalisations-fully-vaccinated?fbclid=IwAR2sbw-ldY8vHBliqR9w-nyKglTlJsFmWbnhVkCy8qbpBKDze0r8w_beBGQ

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

Statements like Covid-19 is a "pandemic of the unvaccinated" that are not backed by multiple published, peer-reviewed, independent studies are political statements, not scientific fact. 
Supply links to the studies, not news articles claiming third-party or 'expert' knowledge.  Without independent, unbiased analysis to back that claim, it's fear-mongering with the purpose of polarizing the population and possibly inciting the vaccinated to engage in forms of action against the unvaccinated (or assumed unvaccinated) that could culminate in acts of violence. 

However with that said, I find it very disconcerting when I keep hearing in the news that anecdotally fully vaccinated people are showing up Covid-positive no less requiring hospitalization. 
And as for the claim that the vaccines decrease symptom severity that claim, from what I can tell, is based on the vaccine manufacturer's own studies.  It's a bit like believing the fox when he says he'll take good care of the hen-house.  Perhaps they do, perhaps they don't. Like vaccine safety and efficacy, I'll believe the claim when it's substantiated with independent medium and long-term studies.

Good points. T

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

So is it reasonable to NOT be an anti vaxxer BUT be an 'experimental' vaccine sceptic? To ask questions about its safety? To ask questions about is efficacy? Or, like Youtube is doing , do we shut down discussion of anything that questions the vaccine narrative? I am curious. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So, I ignore ALL news that is not fully in support of the vaccine. I dont even read it....its 'fake news' Such as these articles: 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-uk-data-offer-mixed-signals-on-vaccines-potency-against-delta-strain/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

Edited by 248900_1469958220

2 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

Your logic: All Christians are Trump supporters? All 'bible-thumpers' are 'anti-vaxx?'  That's seriously flawed logic. 

Personally I find what you said to be offensive.  I'm curious.  When did this forum become a springboard to attack and mock Christian beliefs?  Right here and now I guess. 
Caveat.  I could care less about Trump as well as most of the swill who gravitate to the top of the political food chain.  Most devout Christians in this world are not 'bible-thumping, anti-vaxx, Trump supporters.'

Why not?????

• Haha 1

This is an interesting article. It would seem many, many more people in Jakarta have already had Covid than was originally thought. I suspect that Covid never disappeared from Thailand but obviously the testing got ramped up. If the true number of infections were known, the infection fatality rate could come down VERY significantly. As it stands, for me it seems I would have above a 99.7 % chance of not dying from Covid. That, I think it could be fair to say is an overestimate, possibly a significant one at that. 

No? 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-12/covid-19-antibodies-jakarta-almost-half-of-population/100285384

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The unvaccinated will allow variants to keep cropping up. 

You remember all the battles to get helmet laws enacted?  Seat belt laws?  Drunk driving laws?

Seems anti vaxxers fall into these groups. If you don't want to get vaccinated, fine. Just pay your own medical bills. LOL

Vaccinations can cause variants also. Stop spreading fake news.

Not antivax, just anti this vax until it's proven over time. 

I DO pay my own medical bills, I'm from the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

The unvaccinated will allow variants to keep cropping up. 

You remember all the battles to get helmet laws enacted?  Seat belt laws?  Drunk driving laws?

Seems anti vaxxers fall into these groups. If you don't want to get vaccinated, fine. Just pay your own medical bills. LOL

What about the vaccinated people who are getting infected? Can’t they cause variants too? 

15 hours ago, frantick said:

Vaccinations can cause variants also. Stop spreading fake news.

Not antivax, just anti this vax until it's proven over time. 

I DO pay my own medical bills, I'm from the U.S.

Please. The biggest source of variants are the unvaccinated. It'd be rare for one to come from the vaccinated. Possibly, but rare.

Do you have insurance?  If so, others are helping pay for your bills. That's how insurance works. If no insurance, then great! You'll pay the full amount.

• Like 1