Woman seriously injured after being allegedly attacked by her intoxicated husband in the Pattaya area

webfact

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Why needs to be said a culture should change when science supports it. 

It has NOTHING to do with the topic..... stick to the positives, pointing at the negatives of other social drugs is a poor way to play. I am in favour of valid medical benefits....  but too old to sit around losing a grip on reality now.

On 8/9/2021 at 11:21 AM, Broken Record said:

There is a remedy, stop producing this drug, Alcohol causes so much death and destruction, Millions of people a year, every year are affected adversely by this drug Alcohol.

If Alcohol was made in a tablet form and sold on the streets  it would be a Class 1 drug and sellers and producers would face the death penalty, but as it’s taxed by governments it's legal, even though it kills millions, 

Alcohol and Tobacco, been killing Millions and Millions all over the world for years, and it will continue to do so unabated, it’s madness!!

Sure.

Prohibition worked out great in 'merca.

Just like the war on drugs solved the drug problems.

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

And where did you find this "Research" ? Comic books, Westboro Baptist church ? Local police departments ? 555

Been around users of marijuana my whole life. Not one is Paranoid. Not one is Schizo.

But more likely to be noisy and self centred to the point of anti social behaviour which is my experience living in the poorer areas of my city. The research is there you just choose not to see it. I worked with the psychiatric team as a nurse dealing with the fallout from use of cannabis especially the genetically modified versions which produce 10 times the amount of THC people continued to smoke the same number of spliffs per day and were taking in 10 times the amount of the drug which caused serious mental issues, there are some people who have mental issues from taking the 'normal' amount. Taking cannabis is similar to the study of young professional women who have a glass of wine at the end of the day to wind down, the glass gets bigger until the glass per night becomes a bottle per night. Increase in alcoholism is prevalent, so one joint becomes 2 then increases to the point where the user rolls a few to carry with him/her for daytime use which is when they are caught by the police. Cannabis is emotionally addictive users need it just like alcoholics and other addicts to ease the pain of living in the real world, which they find difficult to face. 

51 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Certainly.  This is Thailand.  The thread was about Thailand.   UK domestic abuse stats are irrelevant to a thread about an incident in Thailand.  

Domestic abuse occurs in every country in the world always for the same reasons, usually masculine dominance and aggression. there is no cultural difference here

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RobU said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Certainly.  This is Thailand.  The thread was about Thailand.   UK domestic abuse stats are irrelevant to a thread about an incident in Thailand.  

Domestic abuse occurs in every country in the world always for the same reasons, usually masculine dominance and aggression. there is no cultural difference here

I was referring only to statistics that you quoted, not culture, as was very clear. 

UK domestic abuse stats are completely irrelevant to Thailand.

37 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I was referring only to statistics that you quoted, not culture, as was very clear. 

UK domestic abuse stats are completely irrelevant to Thailand.

Just because the statistical study has been made in another country does not make it invalid. The comparison and the parameters are exactly the same. Human beings are the same the world over. I quoted statistics from a relatively more stable society. In fact because of the extreme casual violence towards women by men in Thailand frequently reported in this forum it is more likely that domestic violence is rapidly on the increase especially when men lose their income and consider the women and children a burden. That was my point

Edited by RobU

On 8/8/2021 at 6:59 PM, Gottfrid said:

Another lowlife, that can control himself. 

I wasn't there, so I don't claim to know in this case. 

But a good percentage of domestic violence is perpetrated by women, forcing the men to either take a beating, or defend themselves.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I wasn't there, so I don't claim to know in this case. 

But a good percentage of domestic violence is perpetrated by women, forcing the men to either take a beating, or defend themselves.

And I thought he was low.