Expatvac Appointment Email!

Chris.B

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Soo !!

What happened to expatvac ??

Was it a method of registration for vaccination or purely a survey to see where foreigners are located and what vaccines they want ??

Seems very strange that it has not reported back and foreigners are getting vaccinated via thailandintervac. !!

Although there were a handful of posters claiming they got vaccinated stemming from the expatvac registration early doors I have not seen any appointment slot, via email or SMS , coming from expatvac !!

Peculiar that after the satisfaction ( ignoring the confusion on day one ) that expats had finally got a registration website in English with a hint at getting Pfizer for free it has faded into obscurity !!

My recommendation would be :

“ don’t wait for expatvac, check out the thailandintervac.com website for a location you can access, others are being vaccinated already “

Now we are in the waiting game while they go through the data (manually?) weeding out who they can satisfy with geography coming, IMO, the top criteria.

What I don't get is they are now rolling out a THIRD jab to medical personel for their booster so they should have all the allocations sorted for all medical facilities nationwide. It would seem relatively easy to add allocations for the foreigners registered, in each region , by priority group (eg vulnerable, over 60 - i.e. me)  to each principal provincial location and tell us to go there around the same time.

I also seen a post today from someone who unfortunately DID get an email to say he had not submitted all the required documents, but didn't offer a way to resend/re-register.

At the main village shop today, run by 2 retired doctors, they told me they closed yesterday to get Phizer-jabbed in Kanchanaburi (3 hours away) so my province has some already, but will they offer me some? Not holding my breath. She also added - for Thai only yesterday.

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I’ve no idea , just got it by email 25 minutes ago, thought I would pass it on .

Thanks for passing it on.

This offer started on the 8 August and the British Embassy sent you the email at approximately 1.00pm on 11 Aug which is 3 days later. The offer closes tomorrow 12 August at midday and applicants will be offered the vaccines on the basis of first come first serve. The embassy has done us no favors here! ☹️☹️

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

That's register by midday tomorrow! Not much time.

I have just tried the registration form and on the choose preferred hospital, only 4 hospitals are showing in the drop-down list! What is happening?

Yep and all 4 are Bangkok or hundreds of Km East of Bangkok. Checked the others on their list - none anywhere near me again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Yep and all 4 are Bangkok or hundreds of Km East of Bangkok. Checked the others on their list - none anywhere near me again.

Could it be that the other hospitals' quotas are already full so they have removed them from the drop-down list in the registration form?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Now we are in the waiting game while they go through the data (manually?) weeding out who they can satisfy with geography coming, IMO, the top criteria.

What I don't get is they are now rolling out a THIRD jab to medical personel for their booster so they should have all the allocations sorted for all medical facilities nationwide. It would seem relatively easy to add allocations for the foreigners registered, in each region , by priority group (eg vulnerable, over 60 - i.e. me)  to each principal provincial location and tell us to go there around the same time.

I also seen a post today from someone who unfortunately DID get an email to say he had not submitted all the required documents, but didn't offer a way to resend/re-register.

At the main village shop today, run by 2 retired doctors, they told me they closed yesterday to get Phizer-jabbed in Kanchanaburi (3 hours away) so my province has some already, but will they offer me some? Not holding my breath. She also added - for Thai only yesterday.

happened even to me at Medpark they don't let me resubmit / change ???? so it's not only the government haha. 

2 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Could it be that the other hospitals' quotas are already full so they have removed them from the drop-down list in the registration form?

Yes, very possible, for all we know they got 100 doses each like happened before, and they were snapped up in 5 minutes. I guess also they may add some later if not yet notified, so the list may grow.

14 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

This offer started on the 8 August and the British Embassy sent you the email at approximately 1.00pm on 11 Aug which is 3 days later. The offer closes tomorrow 12 August at midday and applicants will be offered the vaccines on the basis of first come first serve. The embassy has done us no favors here! ☹️☹️

Yup and the Embassy wonder why they get such bad press !!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

And, pay now BUT eta for this vaccine is Q1 2022, which means u might wait until March 2022 to get vaxxed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

By 2022 when these arrive chances are high that everyone that wants a jab will have been vaccinated and it will be a buyers market for the vaccines 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

By 2022 when these arrive chances are high that everyone that wants a jab will have been vaccinated and it will be a buyers market for the vaccines 

I agree, I am not paying for a vaccine with an unknown delivery date upto March 2022. They can get stuffed! ???????? 

Also, anytime it could be cancelled and then they give you a deadline to claim your money back!

Edited by Chris.B

Just now, Chris.B said:

I agree, I am not paying for a vaccine with an unknown delivery date upto March 2022. They can get stuffed! ???????? 

Also, anytime it could be cancelled and then they give you a deadline to claim your money back!

Just in:

Austin aka Thailand ordered 10 mio more Pfizer. So 30 Mio SHOULD come this year + the 2,5 mio donated. Lets see if a SHOULD changes later on ????

https://www.khaosod.co.th/covid-19/news_6557954

So the Moderna booking for 2022 is a joke imo and I would wait. I booked Moderna for October 2021, but yeah not everyone was able to what I read here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just got this from the British Embassy Vaccine Update 

·       You can pre-register for a Moderna vaccine with Principal Healthcare Group via this

website until midday 12th August. The cost of the vaccine will be 1650THB per dose. Hospitals in the Principal Healthcare 

6.     Princ Hospital Lamphun

https://register-home.princhealth.com/en/

The above Lamphun hospital is quoting Q1 next year for vaccination but they want paying before window closes.

50 minutes ago, i84teen said:

And, pay now BUT eta for this vaccine is Q1 2022, which means u might wait until March 2022 to get vaxxed.

Correct!

We are in the middle of a pandemic sweeping the country and they want us to pay, by tomorrow, for a vaccine which may not come for 7 months! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

The above Lamphun hospital is quoting Q1 next year for vaccination but they want paying before window closes.

I must admit not to checking the details of the site, only passed on the information as it quotes locations not previously covered for vaccination registration.

Thought it might appeal to some, but it appears not .

46 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I must admit not to checking the details of the site, only passed on the information as it quotes locations not previously covered for vaccination registration.

Thought it might appeal to some, but it appears not .

Simply providing additional information on one particular hospital. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Wasn’t meant as a disrespectful comment to you @Mahseer, I hadn’t realised it was another “ pay now, get the vaccine whenever “ site .

All good. Just happened to be talking to a couple of folks yesterday who were deliberating the Lamphun hospital offer.

• Like 1