Expatvac Appointment Email!

Chris.B

4 hours ago, PMEL said:

I believe that the Astra vaccine is a month or more between shots whereas most if not all of the others are 2 weeks.  

I had the AstraZeneca vaccine at MedPark last Saturday. My appointment for the second dose is Saturday 30th October, exactly 12 weeks.

The process on Saturday was far more civilised than that described here. Only 16 numbers in front of me, queue moved very quickly, I was in and out in less than an hour.

7 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Greetings from MedPark Hospital!

Regarding your inquiry, you can come to have the vaccine injection on 13th August 2021 during 13.30 – 14.00 hrs.

You are unable to make any changes of your appointment. If you do not show-up on your appointment, it will be automatically cancelled.

Please present the email along with your original passport upon arrival.

However, if you don’t have the original passport available, please bring the copy one and the documents you’ve mentioned along.

Due to the latest policy announcement by the ministry of foreign affairs to only provide Pfizer for those 60 years old and above, those with underlying disease(s), and those who are over 12 weeks pregnant.

As per your age, you will be one of the above criteria to get Pfizer, please inform the staff when you come and get the vaccine.

I didn't get anything like that,  I was given a final email which I printed out it has a code that I will need to confirm. The remaining information on the email was as if I was registering for the vaccine, my name, nationality, passport #, BD, and Pfizer. Prior to the final information I got a number FB messenger reply to my inquiry.

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Not fake or scaremongering at all.

The worst cases end up on oxygen and ventilators, that's a FACT.

Having any type of vaccine recommended by WHO reduces the chances of this happening massively....another FACT.

Fuuny how apparently I  need a  chill  pill for copying your capitals showing you how ridiculous yours were thats sarcasm from me btw. 

Hmm  now  let me see, is  that you who  not  only wrote "fact"  in  capitals  but also went to the bother of doing it  in bold as  well.

And you still said he is  likely to get covid and need oxygen not your second reply to me in the original, but again let me qoute that for you as that   memory of yours  seems to be

lacking.

You reply to the other poster was, scaremongering I dont need to read it  aloud but maybe you should try comprehension.

You'll be sucking it up ' oxygen that is '  if Covid19 takes you down before you can get your beloved Pfizer!

Nothing wrong with AZ.

Also, I was referring to the ones who had been screaming about being neglected but now wanted a choice of vaccine. However, if the cap fits!...

• Haha 1

From the new consular site, after initial acceptance a friend got this email saying they needed his visa even though he thinks it was never asked for.  Anyone get a similar email?

This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply.

After review your registration, you did not upload all required documents. You must attach both passport and visa or permanent resident card. Please note that permanent resident card is not Thai national id card and this registration platform is for foreign residents in Thailand or who do not have Thai citizen.

If you are at least 12 weeks pregnant or have one of the 7 chronic diseases, you must attach your medical certificate.

Please note that registration without providing completed documents may delay your vaccine allocation.

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/regis/perinfo?id=20210807 truncated for privacy

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

3 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

From the new consular site, after initial acceptance a friend got this email saying they needed his visa even though he thinks it was never asked for.  Anyone get a similar email?

They are asking you to upload Passport + Visa Page that is right 

• Like 1

Well, after the supposed first day of appointment notifications a couple of things are apparent (really not a surprise either).  1. Being over 60 does not mean you go to the front of the line.  2. Bangkok; and, the surrounding area(s) IS the priority regardless of age, health conditions; or, pregnancy of expats in other provinces.  It wouldn't be that big an issue if they hadn't decided it was a good idea to allow all the factory workers to make a mad dash out of Bangkok then started sending bus loads of Covid positive cases back to the provinces.   

AZ is proven the most highly effective covid vax under ALL western trials.

Including WHO and USA FDA third phase trials. Approved by UK.

Political rubber stamp approvals by WHO & USA cannot long be further delayed without ignoring the results of their own sanctioned trials. 

Any implication that AZ is somehow defective because “not approved” by FDA is FALSE.

Even FDA approved vax are “emergency approved only”, more bureacratic bs……

24 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

AZ is proven the most highly effective covid vax under ALL western trials.

Including WHO and USA FDA third phase trials. Approved by UK.

Political rubber stamp approvals by WHO & USA cannot long be further delayed without ignoring the results of their own sanctioned trials. 

Any implication that AZ is somehow defective because “not approved” by FDA is FALSE.

Even FDA approved vax are “emergency approved only”, more bureacratic bs……

Has AstraZeneca even applied for use in the usa? 

• Sad 1

Back In late May and early June when the government in Bangkok open on line registration, only Thai's could register, needed Thai ID #.  I tried and tried to get my Thai wife but kept getting rejected, First page ok but rejected on page two Error need to register at hospital which has your Medical records. I called the hospital and talked to some one in the Corvid centre explained what was happing, they said that they would look into it. The next day received SMS msg with log in to Line App did that and there was a appointment for for 8 June 11AM. She got her shot Astra. When MFA open up App web page for Expats to register at non-government Hospitals I tried each time a hospital said they were taking registration for Modera and payments in advance. I could never get on the app page until it was closed some times less one hr. I call my hospital told what had happen. They called back and told me that they had no registration left for Modera, they could not me get register for Modera but could get me Astra shot. With nothing left to do and being 78 same as my wife I took the Astra, and next shot  due 4 Oct.  Now MFA open expats for First shot only of Pfizer I called hospital an asked if I could get Pfizer as my second shot no luck can not do. Back in May & June none of the US vaccines were Thai FDA approved. Reason I would like Pfizer or Modera is I have had a blood clot from DVI left into my lungs almost die luckily I was in a major hospital at the time. Since then I have three more DVI all in my left leg. Astra has a record for making blood colts. I'll keep working the system and see if I can get on the Modera list an wait or get a Pfizer shot now.

2 hours ago, yankee99 said:

just use another email address not a big issue 

We just did that but would not accept the form because the fisrst name, last name, and passport number combination is already on file.

Anyone have ideas how to get this info to them.  If it was an individual hospital we could call, but how does one get in touch with those who administer the form as the email we received said do not respond to the email?

15 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

We just did that but would not accept the form because the fisrst name, last name, and passport number combination is already on file.

Anyone have ideas how to get this info to them.  If it was an individual hospital we could call, but how does one get in touch with those who administer the form as the email we received said do not respond to the email?

You can't!

They haven't turned him down, they have just said his vaccine allocation may be delayed. You will have to wait to see what happens next.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Fuuny how apparently I  need a  chill  pill for copying your capitals showing you how ridiculous yours were thats sarcasm from me btw. 

Hmm  now  let me see, is  that you who  not  only wrote "fact"  in  capitals  but also went to the bother of doing it  in bold as  well.

And you still said he is  likely to get covid and need oxygen not your second reply to me in the original, but again let me qoute that for you as that   memory of yours  seems to be

lacking.

You reply to the other poster was, scaremongering I dont need to read it  aloud but maybe you should try comprehension.

You'll be sucking it up ' oxygen that is '  if Covid19 takes you down before you can get your beloved Pfizer!

Nothing wrong with AZ.

Also, I was referring to the ones who had been screaming about being neglected but now wanted a choice of vaccine. However, if the cap fits!...

Yawn!

Yeah, I initially wrote one word in bold caps unlike yourself with the exaggerated nonsense. You went off on one, I thought you had forgotten your medication.

You need to get out in the fresh air more.

Bye!

Edited by Scouse123

First off my thanks to Andrew Dwyer for the Med Park walk through, good to know what to expect. 

Unfortunately, he also brought up a concern I have- high blood pressure. Has anyone with high blood pressure been denied the shot? 

I am 55 years old. My blood pressure ranges from 190/109 (usually in the AM) down to as low as 143/95 (afternoon/evening). It is a bit random despite being on prescribed medications. Diet and exercise have helped but I am still far from a stable 'normal' reading. 

My doctor wrote me a medical certificate yesterday but also warned me of the possibility of being refused the shot if it came out high- does anyone know the criteria for the limit? How high is too high?

Thanks!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JatujakShopper said:

First off my thanks to Andrew Dwyer for the Med Park walk through, good to know what to expect. 

Unfortunately, he also brought up a concern I have- high blood pressure. Has anyone with high blood pressure been denied the shot? 

I am 55 years old. My blood pressure ranges from 190/109 (usually in the AM) down to as low as 143/95 (afternoon/evening). It is a bit random despite being on prescribed medications. Diet and exercise have helped but I am still far from a stable 'normal' reading. 

My doctor wrote me a medical certificate yesterday but also warned me of the possibility of being refused the shot if it came out high- does anyone know the criteria for the limit? How high is too high?

Thanks!

Can’t answer your question but I did see some getting checked again at the paperwork stage ( or maybe had been missed by the mobile BP testers ? ) so my 157/88 was deemed okay.

A Brit I was talking to takes medication for High BP , one pill a day, his BP was 125/75, unfortunately I didn’t get the name of the medication.

Of course your medical certificate may help you receive the vaccine but unless someone has been refused can advise I think you might have to risk it.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

Much better organised than yesterday and nowhere near as crowded.

Went over at 07:30, very short queue, 40 + people.  Waited about 15 minutes then the staff called for anyone over 60 to form a queue within a queue, they have now separated the reception desks, one for over 60s the other for everyone else.  You need to scan a QR code displayed on noticeboards near the queue.  This brings up a webform with simple Q&A about whether you have any covid or similar symptoms.  After you hit submit it will bring up a screen which they will want to see at the desk as it indicates the level of risk and whether or not you can use the normal queue.  The reception desk will then give you a queue number.

By 07:50 I was inside in a well organised seating area where a nurse was coming round with a mobile BP machine checking BP and noting your weight and height (they just ask you).  Don't throw the plastic sleeve they give you to cover your arm when they take your BP as you will need it in the observation area.  After that you wait to be called to service desks where they enter details into a system and give you a medical conditions form where you simply tick the boxes and sign a vaccine consent form.  They hand you a set of papers to take inside.

After that straight into an area with the injection stations (about 4-5 in all), jab straight away (requested and got Pfizer) and then into the observation area where, after handing your sheaf of papers to the staff at the desk, you have a 30 minutes wait after which they will give you your next appointment sheet (3 week wait) with details of your jab.

1) Contrary to the advice from some staff they are still doing evening appointments so you can still go for it if you have one.

2) If you have trouble standing or for any other reason need a wheelchair DON"T wait in the normal queue.  Got to the main door entrance and speak to the staff.  They will arrange a wheel chair and wheel you straight in to the system without waiting.

I left the hospital just before 9:00am and by that time there were still very few people in the queue, again 40 or so.

Looks like they learned from the problems yesterday and adjusted their processes but it was strange that there were so few people.  Maybe down to a first day rush yesterday or maybe it was the last day for appointments Thai folks had from their Mor Prom registrations?  All guessing but there were very few Thai citizens there today.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1

Soo !!

What happened to expatvac ??

Was it a method of registration for vaccination or purely a survey to see where foreigners are located and what vaccines they want ??

Seems very strange that it has not reported back and foreigners are getting vaccinated via thailandintervac. !!

Although there were a handful of posters claiming they got vaccinated stemming from the expatvac registration early doors I have not seen any appointment slot, via email or SMS , coming from expatvac !!

Peculiar that after the satisfaction ( ignoring the confusion on day one ) that expats had finally got a registration website in English with a hint at getting Pfizer for free it has faded into obscurity !!

My recommendation would be :

“ don’t wait for expatvac, check out the thailandintervac.com website for a location you can access, others are being vaccinated already “

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Soo !!

What happened to expatvac ??

Was it a method of registration for vaccination or purely a survey to see where foreigners are located and what vaccines they want ??

Seems very strange that it has not reported back and foreigners are getting vaccinated via thailandintervac. !!

Although there were a handful of posters claiming they got vaccinated stemming from the expatvac registration early doors I have not seen any appointment slot, via email or SMS , coming from expatvac !!

Peculiar that after the satisfaction ( ignoring the confusion on day one ) that expats had finally got a registration website in English with a hint at getting Pfizer for free it has faded into obscurity !!

My recommendation would be :

“ don’t wait for expatvac, check out the thailandintervac.com website for a location you can access, others are being vaccinated already “

yep nothing reported from there. Seems to be a data grab to collect and survey only?

But do any other hospitals send out appointments other than Medpark and Bangkok Hospital? 

Medpark refused me because I filled out the form without underlying condition (didn't had a med certificate that time got it yesterday so wrote them an email but they can't change their system and I am refused ????❤️ ) 

Bangkok Hospital gave me an appointment for the 25th (wondering if they can get Pfizer into Siam Paragon? because of cooling?) or if there is any Pfizer left in 2 weeks ????

Rest nothing so far. No communication at all. 

How are others doing? 

PS: I am really looking forward to 2022 when you are able to pay money and get good medical care again. Relying on governments was never my thing.

6 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

ThailandIntervac only caters for those living in Bangkok, Khon Kaen and Chonburi. What about the rest of Thailand? I am not travelling into a deep red zone to get vaccinated when I could catch Covid there instead! 

Yes Chris although I am 70 km from Bangkok and also in a deep red zone I do sympathise with others who are far from the vaccination centres or unwilling to travel to a deep red zone and run the risk of infection.

It really does seem that the rest of Thailand are getting the short straw and expatvac was a light at the end of the tunnel in respect to distribution to other areas. But with the news that the US donated Pfizer has been distributed to hospitals in some cities outside of Greater Bangkok area yet no registration websites have appeared catering for foreigners then it would appear that light at the end of the tunnel has already faded.

In fact, the news about some hospitals receiving reduced quotas than they requested, and having to draw lots among the hospital staff !! is very sad indeed.

At the end of the day the major problem facing the Thai and foreigners wishing to be vaccinated is a lack of vaccines ……. and we all know who’s to blame there !!

Just got this from the British Embassy Vaccine Update 

·       You can pre-register for a Moderna vaccine with Principal Healthcare Group via this

website until midday 12th August. The cost of the vaccine will be 1650THB per dose. Hospitals in the Principal Healthcare Group include:

1.     Princ Hospital Sisaket

2.     Princ Hospital Ubon Ratchathani

3.     Pitsanuvej Hospital, Phitsanulok

4.     Pitsanuvej Uttaradit Hospital

5.     Pitsanuvej Phichit Hospital

6.     Princ Hospital Lamphun

7.     Sirivej Lamphun Hospital

8.     Princ Hospital Suvarnabhumi, Samut Prakan

9.     Princ Hospital Paknampo, Nakhon Sawan

10.  Princ Hospital Uthai Thani

11.  Virajsilp Hospital, Chumphon

Might not appeal to everyone but there are some new areas in this list.

https://register-home.princhealth.com/en/

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just got this from the British Embassy Vaccine Update 

·       You can pre-register for a Moderna vaccine with Principal Healthcare Group via this

website until midday 12th August. The cost of the vaccine will be 1650THB per dose. Hospitals in the Principal Healthcare Group include:

1.     Princ Hospital Sisaket

2.     Princ Hospital Ubon Ratchathani

3.     Pitsanuvej Hospital, Phitsanulok

4.     Pitsanuvej Uttaradit Hospital

5.     Pitsanuvej Phichit Hospital

6.     Princ Hospital Lamphun

7.     Sirivej Lamphun Hospital

8.     Princ Hospital Suvarnabhumi, Samut Prakan

9.     Princ Hospital Paknampo, Nakhon Sawan

10.  Princ Hospital Uthai Thani

11.  Virajsilp Hospital, Chumphon

Might not appeal to everyone but there are some new areas in this list.

https://register-home.princhealth.com/en/

That's register by midday tomorrow! Not much time.

I have just tried the registration form and on the choose preferred hospital, only 4 hospitals are showing in the drop-down list! What is happening?

Edited by Chris.B

5 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I have just tried the registration form and on the choose preferred hospital, only 4 hospitals are showing in the drop-down list! What is happening?

I’ve no idea , just got it by email 25 minutes ago, thought I would pass it on .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Basically another phishing link to gauge interest in moderna