Vaccine adverse effects - who pays?

danferguson

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

yes, several months ago they promised supportive care. 

Private insurance was going for 1k, probably not worth it.

With moderna was added 100b insurance cover.

1k Baht?......sounds like a bargain to me

Do you have any more details about this 'supportive care' or the insurance?

if you have free government care there is no point paying for insurance. Insurance has limits, government care doesn't have max. They will do their best, as not to hinder the whole vax program - my friend had all possible help after the second vax. But the government won't cover loss of income or repatriation (if you are after them).  

You can ask your insurance for add on.

By now probably every insurance company has covid vax insurance.

Talk to broker. From 100b to 1200b.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Thai-insurers-sell-policies-for-COVID-vaccine-side-effects

Edited by internationalism

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

if you have free government care there is no point paying for insurance. Insurance has limits, government care doesn't have max. They will do their best, as not to hinder the whole vax program - my friend had all possible help after the second vax. But the government won't cover loss of income or repatriation (if you are after them).  

You can ask your insurance for add on.

By now probably every insurance company has covid vax insurance.

Talk to broker. From 100b to 1200b.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Thai-insurers-sell-policies-for-COVID-vaccine-side-effects

Simple retiree, so no government help

Thanks for the link - will check that out

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

the government will pay all expenses, also for expats.

For the same money you can get good covid insurance for 1 year, if you find company still issuing them

Do you have a link to a website or article explaining the government pays for adverse reactions?

On 8/10/2021 at 5:33 PM, danferguson said:

My question - who pays if that happens?

Caveat Emptor.

I think you are responsible for any medical expenses which you incur.

But this should be covered in the documents which you sign before receiving a vaccination here. I assume these are in Thai and English?

Whether you have redress is between you and whomever: your insurance co., the hospital, the thai regime, a vaccine manufacturer.

3 hours ago, Harveyg said:

My question would be who knows how to undue the adverse effects?

i would think Drs don’t know how and will prescribe to hide the symptoms.  

If said doctors can prescribe to hide the symptoms, can you find out what it is they're prescribing? The world will forever be in your debt.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Xin Loi said:

No one, along the chain of manufacture to dispensing the product, will be held accountable for any ill effects from the vaccine. The manufacturers made sure that, that clause, was in the contracts, before they even made it available. Some governments know the vaccines are bad and cause adverse reactions, yet they force their militaries and employees, to take the injection. I saw it done with H1N1 in the USA. Free vacs until it was your turn, then the disclaimer appeared, 1 step form being vaccinated.

Which governments are those which know the vaccines are bad? Would one of them be the Chinese government?

• Like 1

I'm covered in small metal objects e.g. nails, pins, tech screws, paperclips, keys, metal detritus from the road! who's gunna compensate me for the de-gauzing I need daily since I was vaccinated?!! lol ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 

On 8/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, Xin Loi said:

Some governments know the vaccines are bad and cause adverse reactions, yet they force their militaries and employees, to take the injection. I saw it done with H1N1 in the USA.

Ah, so this is how the wumao educate people.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...