Anyone Registered on Expatvac Received Their Appointments Yet? Not Interested In ThailandIntervac, Medpark, Bang Sue, Bumrungrad Just Expatvac

Chris.B

I registered 2 weeks ago at the Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen website https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/Registation-VaccineEx.php .. vaccinations are supposed to be on Sat 21 Aug.  The website says the hospital will confirm by SMS or email ................ but nothing yet.

Has anyone who registered there had any response.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, edd999 said:

I registered 2 weeks ago at the Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen website https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/Registation-VaccineEx.php .. vaccinations are supposed to be on Sat 21 Aug.  The website says the hospital will confirm by SMS or email ................ but nothing yet.

Has anyone who registered there had any response.

I phoned them on Friday, and they confirmed me that they will vaccinate on sat Sat 21 Aug special for foreigners. They expect that the invitations will be send on Wednesday 18 Aug.
It is almost certain that everyone who has registered will receive an invitation. Fingers crossed

• Sad 1

Jonathan Steiner

·
1h

Replying to
It's good to see that people are registering. Latest research reccomends pregnant women should get vaccinated ASAP. The booking emails for the Pfizer first jab were supposed to begin on the 9th-10th. I haven't received one. Can you tell us how many registrants have? Thank you! Folded hands

0btt1IQC_bigger.jpg

MOPH/DDC is starting to ask hospitals to inform registrants now. Hope your SMS/email soon.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

3,918 Expatvac registrants will b contacted by the hospitals to b vaccinated on/during these dates 1. 18 Aug-Samitivej BKK 2. Frm next week-Nakornping Chiang Mai, BKK Khonkaen Hospital, Medpark 3. 18-27 Aug-Central Beach by BKK Pattaya Hospital 4. BNH Bangkok Expect more otw.

Good news. Expatvac registrants in 2 provinces r being notified by MOPH/DDC. Chon Buri: BKK Pattaya Hosp’s to ask 1,871 registrants for vac at Central Beach Pattaya (18-27 Aug.) Chiang Mai: Nakornping Hosp’s asking 785 registrants next wk. No’s r sml but I hope process started.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

3,918 Expatvac registrants will b contacted by the hospitals to b vaccinated on/during these dates 1. 18 Aug-Samitivej BKK 2. Frm next week-Nakornping Chiang Mai, BKK Khonkaen Hospital, Medpark 3. 18-27 Aug-Central Beach by BKK Pattaya Hospital 4. BNH Bangkok Expect more otw.

Good news. Expatvac registrants in 2 provinces r being notified by MOPH/DDC. Chon Buri: BKK Pattaya Hosp’s to ask 1,871 registrants for vac at Central Beach Pattaya (18-27 Aug.) Chiang Mai: Nakornping Hosp’s asking 785 registrants next wk. No’s r sml but I hope process started.

Thanks for the updates.

• Like 1

From Tanee Sangrat last night

3,918 Expatvac registrants will b contacted by the hospitals to b vaccinated on/during these dates

1. 18 Aug-Samitivej BKK
2. Frm next week-Nakornping Chiang Mai, BKK Khonkaen Hospital, Medpark
3. 18-27 Aug-Central Beach by BKK Pattaya Hospital
4. BNH Bangkok

Expect more otw.

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:
From Tanee Sangrat last night

3,918 Expatvac registrants will b contacted by the hospitals to b vaccinated on/during these dates

1. 18 Aug-Samitivej BKK
2. Frm next week-Nakornping Chiang Mai, BKK Khonkaen Hospital, Medpark
3. 18-27 Aug-Central Beach by BKK Pattaya Hospital
4. BNH Bangkok

Expect more otw.

Great news Expatvac registrants starting to roll out in the larger provinces.

His reply yeterday to me about my own province stated it is likely only the top 20 provinces will issue appointments at local venues, and if you are in a lesser province you may be asked to go too a nearby province. He said it will be left to the doctors.

With less then 200 registrants in my province, why not just send 200 to the main hospital and send out invites - province done in one day, or less, but unfortunately I am, after all this time, likely to be invited to Bangkok, which I have been avoiding ike the plague (pun intended).

Sad to read 3 posts that have wrong recipient data in the emails.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

His reply yeterday to me about my own province stated it is likely only the top 20 provinces will issue appointments at local venues, and if you are in a lesser province you may be asked to go too a nearby province. He said it will be left to the doctors.

With less then 200 registrants in my province, why not just send 200 to the main hospital and send out invites - province done in one day, or less, but unfortunately I am, after all this time, likely to be invited to Bangkok, which I have been avoiding ike the plague (pun intended).

I agree with your comment about sending to the main hospitals. So, according to their plan, there should be a lot of expats in Issan, i.e. Buriram, Rot Et, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen? Also a lot near popular beach locations, i.e Krabi, Koh Samui, Hua Hin? 

I think, where I live in Central Thailand, not many foreigners, so I don't know where I will end up going!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

So appointments are in 2 days and has anybody got a appointment? 

Only around 9000 over 60 and they cant take care of them but Thai citizens with no underlying conditions not Frontline and in their 30s,40s and 50 are already fully vaccinated 

Edited by yankee99
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I agree with your comment about sending to the main hospitals. So, according to their plan, there should be a lot of expats in Issan, i.e. Buriram, Rot Et, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen? Also a lot near popular beach locations, i.e Krabi, Koh Samui, Hua Hin? 

I think, where I live in Central Thailand, not many foreigners, so I don't know where I will end up going!

Where I live, allthough its in Kanchanaburi province it's a 3 hour drive to Kanchanaburi city, then around 2 more to Bangkok. Hoping for somewhere closer than that.

9 Registrations later and 1 Medpark visit I got my first Pfizer shot. 

As expected Medpark is your best bet still, if you can get an appointment there I would even drive there 2-3 hours from somewhere else. They are well organised and you in and out in 40min.

The other 8 registrations I did with hospitals via the pages well known and the government never leaded to anything so far.

• Sad 1

On Monday I received an SMS appointment for Pfizer at Bumrungrad on the 18th August. Good Luck

As of yesterday evening Medpark hospital was allowing you to register to receive Pfizer on the 18, 19, 20.  when you hit the end of registration process. https://medparkhospital.com/page/covid19-vaccine-expatriates/?utm_medium=&utm_source=intervac  Good Luck

Really glad I found this.  I keep going to the website expatvac to find an update and there is nothing.   I've been to Bangkok Hospital Phuket about 3 times last month and everytime I asked to sign up for the vaccines they say I cannot.  Not available.   You would think they would start a list.  Phuket.win has run out of vaccines, but I keep looking.  They say 70% of the "targeted" group has been vaccinated, but that's not true.  I'm over 70 and would really like to get a vaccine soonest.  Not in a deep red area, and I know that is a priority, but a little communication would be appreciated.... I know I know.... don't say it.  I'll follow this and hopefully there will be good news soon.  Thanks for all your information, there may be hope out there.

• Sad 1

Last night I got an SMS from Sukumvit Hospital in Bangkok directing me to a form for securing, and paying for, 2 Moderna doses in January 2022.

It was to open today at 8 AM but when it opened instead of the form it said 'sorry, fully subscribed'. Possible they only had a few hundred doses. Personally I am continuing to try and avoid a trip to Bangkok, but it could have been a Plan B (or C or D or......).

2 years ago I had an annual checkup there but no contact since.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Last night I got an SMS from Sukumvit Hospital in Bangkok directing me to a form for securing, and paying for, 2 Moderna doses in January 2022.

It was to open today at 8 AM but when it opened instead of the form it said 'sorry, fully subscribed'. Possible they only had a few hundred doses. Personally I am continuing to try and avoid a trip to Bangkok, but it could have been a Plan B (or C or D or......).

2 years ago I had an annual checkup there but no contact since.

They probably did you a favor not paying for a vaccine with no confirmation of when it'll arrive 

• Haha 1

I just confirmed that the vaccine I am scheduled to receive through my ExpatVac appointment on Thursday at Samitivej Hospital is Sinovac (I work with the hospital and had a colleague check this for me). What a damn joke. I will be leaving this vaccine for someone else to use.

19 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

I just confirmed that the vaccine I am scheduled to receive through my ExpatVac appointment on Thursday at Samitivej Hospital is Sinovac (I work with the hospital and had a colleague check this for me). What a damn joke. I will be leaving this vaccine for

someone else to use.

That is sad ! ????????. Are you over/under 60?

I thought they said there was 150,000 doses of Pfizer allocated to expats registering through Expatvac? To now offer Sinovac is a kick in the teeth.

1 minute ago, Chris.B said:

That is sad ! ????????. Are you over/under 60?

I thought they said there was 150,000 doses of Pfizer allocated to expats registering through Expatvac? To now offer Sinovac is a kick in the teeth.

I'm an American, under 60 without any of the 7 underlying conditions. They would have been better off not even scheduling an appointment for me -- what they've done now is just an insult. What really pisses me off is that these are the same hospitals who have given Pfizer as a 3rd booster dose to back office workers including those that don't even work in the hospital building.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

I'm an American, under 60 without any of the 7 underlying conditions. They would have been better off not even scheduling an appointment for me -- what they've done now is just an insult. What really pisses me off is that these are the same hospitals who have given Pfizer as a 3rd booster dose to back office workers including those that don't even work in the hospital building.

Khun Tanee says the over 60s, those with underlying illnesses and pregnant women will have priority so I don't understand why you were offered the vaccine through Expatvac ahead of these groups.

No criticism towards yourself intended. ????????

11 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Khun Tanee says the over 60s, those with underlying illnesses and pregnant women will have priority so I don't understand why you were offered the vaccine through Expatvac ahead of these groups.

No criticism towards yourself intended. ????????

Honestly I don't either. Either everyone over 60 in BKK (where I am) has been offered already, or else they're extending the offer in BKK, or maybe because I'm an American. If you're inferring whether I would look at this philosophically and turn down a vaccine if offered, that's a discussion for another day. I was also among the very first to sign up on ExpatVac -- I was able to complete my registration immediately, before the site broke. So perhaps I was at the very top of the list of those in BKK, under 60 without preexisting conditions.

Edited by macnmotion

1 hour ago, macnmotion said:

I just confirmed that the vaccine I am scheduled to receive through my ExpatVac appointment on Thursday at Samitivej Hospital is Sinovac (I work with the hospital and had a colleague check this for me). What a damn joke. I will be leaving this vaccine for someone else to use.

Well the person at the hospital who "confirmed" Sinovac now says they were teasing. They don't know what I'll receive. I'll go on Thursday and see what happens. I still won't take Sinovac if offered, I'll wait instead for Moderna. It makes sense that they wouldn't know -- there are appointments I've seen on Wednesday from ExpatVac, so no telling what will still be available on Thursday.

Edited by macnmotion
adding a philosophical thought at the end.