Visa extension.

There is this thing called an ATM card, with an associated PIN number for   savings accounts, and some men even trust their wives to know and access their accounts.  He was obviously one.  Got it now???

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

This weeks I do not know. 

However, I guess I got one many years ago, unlike many other here who are unable to trust their better halve.

I trust mostly that man who watch me in mirror! 

And one good sentence: God forgives , im not! 

One i dont believe: I learn it hard way..... total bs. You dont need to do that!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder " LMAO have to be when look some couples!

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

There is this thing called an ATM card, with an associated PIN number for   savings accounts, and some men even trust their wives to know and access their accounts.  He was obviously one.  Got it now???

Sometimes when my wife is going out and I'm feeling like being reckless and throwing caution to the wind I'll ask her to get a 1000 baht for me from the atm, won't be doing that again after reaching this thread..

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

5555. You are funny.

You should make more of these funny remarks on more topics... Oh, think you already do.

Keep up the good work. People are really interested in your contribution.

However, to answer your question...

(which you probable have thought long about, and even thought to have a smart question, for a change)

No. We do our business and personal finance together. Practical to have access to all accounts.

If you are in a relationship where trust is not an issue, this comes naturally.

Good luck with your partner and try to get some more intelligent questions next time.

Oh, SNAP!

35 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

5555. You are funny.

You should make more of these funny remarks on more topics... Oh, think you already do.

Keep up the good work. People are really interested in your contribution.

However, to answer your question...

(which you probable have thought long about, and even thought to have a smart question, for a change)

No. We do our business and personal finance together. Practical to have access to all accounts.

If you are in a relationship where trust is not an issue, this comes naturally.

Good luck with your partner and try to get some more intelligent questions next time.

Per chance could it possibly be that she doesn't trust you? The rule of thumb in Thailand is trust least those you trust most. We soon reach that sell by date. 

• Sad 1

How stupid can you be. Allowing your wife to have access to your bank accounts. No matter how much you trust her, have your own seperate accounts/pin code. Heres my tip, seperate account for wife with weekly allowence transferred from your account. Your 400,000B should be placed  in a fixed savings account for 3 or 6 months. You cant draw money from these accounts using a ATM card, you must physically enter the bank and sign for the funds with your own ID. Peace of mind.

Edited by DUNROAMIN
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, XJPSX said:

If that’s all he has got he should go home. That’s the minimum requirement which is not a lot.

Some people must live pretty lean here.

There is no evidence that this represented his entire financial resources, only that this is all he had at the time in his Thai bank account. Personally, I have rarely had more in my Thai bank accounts than I thought I needed to satisfy current needs.

• Like 1

How can his wife withdraw 200k when it’s my understanding that the account can not be in a joint name for retirement visa or did the fool hand over his ATM card to her even then he could of put a daily rate that can be withdrawn on the account 

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Very cynical. No Thai can ever be trusted with money, hmm? I've lent money to family here three times, amounts ranging from 20,000 to 80,000 and always got it back on time or before. One exception was the 20,000 loaned to a family friend to pay for the marriage party for his daughter. A Bangkok taxi driver struggling to make a living, he still paid it all back over a period of time. Good for him.

My wife carries the ATM card to my account and is always very careful with what she spends - better than me sometimes, criticising me when I want to splurge on something. In fact, by staying close to home since the pandemic began I've barely even touched any money. She pays all the bills, and the most I've done in 16 months is sometimes hand over cash for a Lazada delivery.

We've been married for 30 years without any financial incidents. Of course, if one chooses the wrong partner then they'd be open to abuse. Plenty of people on this site have made that mistake and recited tales of woe.

I was going to write something like this but well done for beating me to it!

• Like 1